ADVERTISEMENT

ENOUGH! WE ARE... Better than this.

DUE PROCESS. All of your information is from the media who is trying to sensationalize what's going down.

Due Process. That's exactly the point. Penn State still has not been afforded Due Process.

... pining for MSU to receive a smack-down.
One last comment to this.

If the university involved were some other university not named MSU, I believe a lot of this would be "let due process reign".

However, the specific university that harbored and covered for Nassar is/was led by none other than one dirt bag-president who condemned Penn State for far less than what occurred directly under her eyes, ears and nose.

I have no ill-will to MSU students, fans or Alums. They are innocent in this saga. Louanna dear...not so much!

Honestly all of the people in the PSU community that were saying the NCAA overstepped are now the same people who are pining for MSU to receive a smack-down.

- Let due process take its course.
-- Nassar is headed to jail which will not be pleasant for him.
- Let the criminal justice system prosecute any administrators that were involved in a cover-up, if those people actually exist.
-- These people are NOT tried and convicted by a court of public opinion.
-- We didn't want Joe to be ousted the way he was, but it happened because of public outcry/the angry mob phenomenon. Don't be part of that lunacy.
- Maybe MSU or the FBI will run an investigation into institutional oversight at MSU for whether the reporting process was followed. I hope that they do, and I hope it is more accurate than the Freeh Report was.

I am burnt out on how we were so upset with the rest of the B1G but now we are becoming the same assholes we abhor.

Straighten up.

My angst is with Simon...she was the one who stood on her pedestal and called out Penn State...

As far as what happened at MSU...PSU...this all belongs in the hands of the Law...period.

Investigate...and decide after on what happens to the guilty...or innocent.

But...be careful about throwing stones in a glass house...I'm almost giddy that she ( Simon) has been taken down...

Success with Honor.

They burnt our house down, trashed our reputation, and branded us all as enablers, but we’re supposed to hope and pray that a school that has done much worse gets better treatment? Um, okay...sorry, I have run out of cheeks to turn.

It is honestly absurd that anyone would want another program to go through what we went through just because you're still mad about what happened here. Ideally people would learn from the past. The NCAA should not go anywhere near this just like they shouldn't have gone anywhere near our program. I doubt Michigan State leaders will be dumb enough to sign anything giving the NCAA power they don't have like we saw happen here.

It is honestly absurd that anyone would want another program to go through what we went through just because you're still mad about what happened here. Ideally people would learn from the past. The NCAA should not go anywhere near this just like they shouldn't have gone anywhere near our program. I doubt Michigan State leaders will be dumb enough to sign anything giving the NCAA power they don't have like we saw happen here.
Wow, your agenda is showing through bigger than ever. This involves athletes being harmed, how can that not be an NCAA issue?

Wow, your agenda is showing through bigger than ever. This involves athletes being harmed, how can that not be an NCAA issue?

Agenda? How would there be an agenda here? I'm agreeing with the entire point of the thread
Lack of institutional control only happens after a rules violation. While many criminal things occurred I don't believe there's an NCAA rule about any of it. If there was an NCAA rule violation because state the rule. The NCAA must govern something to penalize for it. This is why any sanctions against us were utter BS. Since when did the NCAA have control over criminal acts? They don't nor should.

Agenda? How would there be an agenda here? I'm agreeing with the entire point of the thread
Lack of institutional control only happens after a rules violation. While many criminal things occurred I don't believe there's an NCAA rule about any of it. If there was an NCAA rule violation because state the rule. The NCAA must govern something to penalize for it. This is why any sanctions against us were utter BS. Since when did the NCAA have control over criminal acts? They don't nor should.
The NCAA’s most important function is to protect student athletes. At PSU, no students were harmed in any way. Not the same as MSU. It’s more than just a criminal matter, it’s an institutional matter where student athletes were harmed. Lack of institutional control comes into play when there’s a failure to uphold the ethics and standards of the NCAA and there’s never been a bigger failure than at MSU.

Reactions: AvgUser
The NCAA’s most important function is to protect student athletes. At PSU, no students were harmed in any way. Not the same as MSU. It’s more than just a criminal matter, it’s an institutional matter where student athletes were harmed. Lack of institutional control comes into play when there’s a failure to uphold the ethics and standards of the NCAA and there’s never been a bigger failure than at MSU.

Again--name the rule violation. LOIC only enters the equation AFTER a rule violation. "uphold the ethics and standards of the NCAA" is a broad term that can be used for anything including what wrongly happened to us. The NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction here. I'll wait for you to state the NCAA rule that was violated. Right now you sound like every person screaming about the "moral outrage" at what happened here and how the NCAA needed to burn us to the ground.

I do agree that there are stark differences between the Sandusky vs Nassar cases, and it would seem at first blush that MSU likely has more liability, especially considering student-athletes were (profoundly) endangered.

However, I do still want to caution our community that it is always better to rise above. I suppose to each his or her own... I am confident there are many details that we do not yet know about what transpired on an institutional level.

Again--name the rule violation. LOIC only enters the equation AFTER a rule violation. "uphold the ethics and standards of the NCAA" is a broad term that can be used for anything including what wrongly happened to us. The NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction here. I'll wait for you to state the NCAA rule that was violated. Right now you sound like every person screaming about the "moral outrage" at what happened here and how the NCAA needed to burn us to the ground.
20.9.1.6...commitment to the well being of the student athlete.

Reactions: Connorpozlee

I used to travel a lot in B10, ACC, and SEC country circa 2008-2013 (with the exception of Iowa and Arkansas).

Virginia and Upper Michigan were/are the worst.

I hope they get a taste of the crud (as fans) we went through.

I understand your view and I somewhat agree but there are a few individuals for whom I will feel no sympathy if karma turns ugly in their direction. I feel for the Michigan State community. We know all too well how they feel.

On "Game of Thrones", Arya Stark often recites the list of people she wants to kill in revenge. I would not mind seeing some non-lethal karma heaped upon the following:

Mark Emmert, Ed Ray, Louis Freeh, John Surma and 2011 BOT leadership, Jim Delany, Tom Corbett, Sara Ganim, ESPN, Lou Anna Simon, Jim Boeheim

I'm sure there are some that I have missed but these are the first that come to mind.
Tom Corbett ( One term Tommy met the big bad Wolfe) karma, Jim Boeheim, Syracuse Basketball isn't relevant anymore and Blowheim was never relevant, karma!

20.9.1.6...commitment to the well being of the student athlete.

You think that sticks? I don't. I'm not going to care if anything happens or doesn't happen at Michigan State but I don't believe the NCAA has any authority or will act. I think what happened here ensures it will never happen again. The sooner the NCAA ceases to exist the better...unfortunately I doubt that day ever happens

You think that sticks? I don't. I'm not going to care if anything happens or doesn't happen at Michigan State but I don't believe the NCAA has any authority or will act. I think what happened here ensures it will never happen again. The sooner the NCAA ceases to exist the better...unfortunately I doubt that day ever happens
Never said it would stick....the outrage isn’t there like it was for PSU, which is the only reason the NCAA did anything. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do something. Clear violation of a rule which leads to lack of control.

A coach telling athletes they are in charge of not to report the team doctor for inappropriate sexual conduct is not a violation of NCAA guidelines? Honestly, I'm not going to take the time to read through the whole thing but I would be shocked if there isn't a rule about it.

Never said it would stick....the outrage isn’t there like it was for PSU, which is the only reason the NCAA did anything. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do something. Clear violation of a rule which leads to lack of control.

I just don't think there's jurisdiction. I understand where you're coming from with this and can respect it because you're actually looking at it as a rule violation followed by LOIC as opposed to just LOIC. I truly believe that how poorly they handled "the Sandusky situation" will prevent them from ever really doing something again in these types of situations but time will tell.

I just don't think there's jurisdiction. I understand where you're coming from with this and can respect it because you're actually looking at it as a rule violation followed by LOIC as opposed to just LOIC. I truly believe that how poorly they handled "the Sandusky situation" will prevent them from ever really doing something again in these types of situations but time will tell.
The “Sandusky situation” had nothing to do with student athletes. The two aren’t even vaguely similar in terms of the NCAA. It would be similar if Nasser was only molesting a grade school gymnastics team. Then the NCAA would have no jurisdiction.

If that's where you are going with it, I agree with you. I don't think the NCAA will do anything. But I have to believe this is something they could slap MSU around for.

The “Sandusky situation” had nothing to do with student athletes. The two aren’t even vaguely similar in terms of the NCAA. It would be similar if Nasser was only molesting a grade school gymnastics team. Then the NCAA would have no jurisdiction.

They ONLY way they are similar is there is a public outcry over what happened. By "these situations" I'm referring to anything out of the ordinary for the NCAA to be involved in. We disagree on jurisdiction here...that's fine. I respect where you're coming from with it I just don't agree

Honestly all of the people in the PSU community that were saying the NCAA overstepped are now the same people who are pining for MSU to receive a smack-down.

- Let the criminal justice system prosecute any administrators that were involved in a cover-up, if those people actually exist.
-- We didn't want Joe to be ousted the way he was, but it happened because of public outcry/the angry mob phenomenon. Don't be part of that lunacy.
- Maybe MSU or the FBI will run an investigation into institutional oversight at MSU for whether the reporting process was followed. I hope that they do, and I hope it is more accurate than the Freeh Report was.

I am burnt out on how we were so upset with the rest of the B1G but now we are becoming the same assholes we abhor.

Straighten up.

Success with Honor.
Could you do me a favor and strap a tight-fitting noose around your neck before you fall off your soap-box? :oops:

Reactions: AvgUser

I am burnt out on how we were so upset with the rest of the B1G but now we are becoming the same assholes we abhor.,

Straighten up.

Success with Honor.
Agree with you, time to learn from both tragedy’s, too many victims, let’s have as much class as the woman who testified. We are....better

Bylaw 20.9.1.6- The Commitment to Student-Athlete Well-Being.

" Intercollegiate athletics programs shall be conducted in a manner designed to enhance the well-being of student-athletes who choose to participate and to prevent undue commercial or other influences that may interfere with their scholastic, athletics or related interests. The time required of student-athletes for participation in intercollegiate athletics shall be regulated to minimize interference with their academic pursuits. It is the responsibility of each member institution to establish and maintain an environment in which student-athletes' activities, in all sports, are conducted to encourage academic success and individual development and as an integral part of the educational experience. Each member institution should also provide an environment that fosters fairness, sportsmanship, safety, honesty and positive relationships between student-athletes and representatives of the institution.."

Bylaw 20.9.1.6

"Intercollegiate athletics programs shall be conducted in a manner designed to enhance the well-being of student-athletes who choose to participate and to prevent undue commercial or other influences that may interfere with their scholastic, athletics or related interests. ... Each member institution should also provide an environment that fosters fairness, sportsmanship, safety, honesty and positive relationships between student-athletes and representatives of the institution."

AWS already said this. I don't believe this sticks. He acknowledged he "never said it would stick".
If you think this holds up that's great. I guess we will see. I don't think the NCAA ever had any intention of being involved in something like this although they probably never envisioned something like this happening either. What sane person could have?

Not all of us - but some. The bitterness is unfortunate.

I don't understand the bitterness given that PSU has a bright future.
If you are referring to football, I'd agree. Academically, I don't see it. I find it more than just a bit ironic that the same "leaders" who assailed Penn State's supposed football obsessed culture are presiding over a precipitous drop in its academic standing.

AWS already said this. I don't believe this sticks. He acknowledged he "never said it would stick".
If you think this holds up that's great. I guess we will see. I don't think the NCAA ever had any intention of being involved in something like this although they probably never envisioned something like this happening either. What sane person could have?

It's significantly more than they had to go off in the Penn State case. If a team doctor was injecting athletes with steroids would you feel different? A trainer giving athletes cocaine? Coaches who play players with clear concussion symptoms?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT