ADVERTISEMENT

Enis to Utah

Psubot

Jan 30, 2018
Sets the total number of recruits this season at 23? Anyone know what the target number will be for the class of 19? Room for 20 I would guess.

Sets the total number of recruits this season at 23? Anyone know what the target number will be for the class of 19? Room for 20 I would guess.
As we used to say when his father Curtis was a Nittany Lion, everyone else has Enis envy.

Reactions: cavic
Big Flip coming in about an hour ..... Phil will be flipping David Jones ...
well on second thought... small flip coming in an hour.

Reactions: nittany dave
Good luck to Solomon Enis! A legacy is nice, but these kids need to blaze their own trail.

Penn State landed quite the haul with 5-star WR Shorter and 4-star WRs Dotson and George. Enis would have been a nice addition, but we are fine.

Landing 4-star OL Walker today was a great way to cap this class. Two (2) 5-stars and fifteen (15) 4-stars in this class is phenomenal! Franklin has proven once again that he is one of the best recruiters in college football, unlike that blow hard in SW PA (only one 4-star and zero point zero five stars for them = #FAIL).

Reactions: LionJim and cavic
Good luck to Solomon Enis! A legacy is nice, but these kids need to blaze their own trail.

Penn State landed quite the haul with 5-star WR Shorter and 4-star WRs Dotson and George. Enis would have been a nice addition, but we are fine.

Landing 4-star OL Walker today was a great way to cap this class. Two (2) 5-stars and fifteen (15) 4-stars in this class is phenomenal! Franklin has proven once again that he is one of the best recruiters in college football, unlike that blow hard in SW PA (only one 4-star and zero point zero five stars for them = #FAIL).
We have (3) 5 stars if you go by 247 composite which is a combination of all the major recruiting services

Curtis Enis was the player that got this Ohio boy to like Penn State when all my friends were Buckeye fans. (Curtis played against my tiny high school in conference - he was WAY out of place at our level)
I was hoping to see Solomon in the Blue and White for those personal sentimental reasons but 3 times zones away is a big ask. Good luck to him in Utah!

Solomon made a wise decision. He followed his heart. Best of luck to him.

Family dynamics. Raised by mom for most part. She wanted him to stay closer to home. Best of luck to him at Utah.

If that is true, it is unfortunate he waited so long.

i think JF would have pursued a few other players. i think some of the talented DBs down the stretch wanted firm offers before they came for official visits.

Some of you may not be aware of how OSU botched the Curtis Enis recruitment. He came to the Horseshoe for a visit, and no one was there to greet him. Coach Cooper didn't know who he was. (Have heard this happened with other recruits)

Not surprising that he passed on OSU and went to PSU where he had a great career.

Reactions: nittany dave
Couldn't resist doing some research. It was worse than I thought:

"There is a rather comical recruiting story surrounding Enis. Many Ohio State fans were upset that he chose to leave the state to attend college, but who could blame him? Ohio State’s initial recruiting letters to Enis addressed him as “Curtis Phenis”, then they fixed the last name but botched the first name and began addressing him as “Chris Enis”. When Enis took a visit to Ohio State’s campus, no one seemed to know who he was." https://rfpoftheday.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/curtis-enis/

Couldn't resist doing some research. It was worse than I thought:

"There is a rather comical recruiting story surrounding Enis. Many Ohio State fans were upset that he chose to leave the state to attend college, but who could blame him? Ohio State’s initial recruiting letters to Enis addressed him as “Curtis Phenis”, then they fixed the last name but botched the first name and began addressing him as “Chris Enis”. When Enis took a visit to Ohio State’s campus, no one seemed to know who he was." https://rfpoftheday.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/curtis-enis/

Research Lance Mehl and his experience...... You will find that just as interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy

The flip of Dotson by CJF was a huge get. With the three WR's were got in this class, we really didn't need another one. I have to think those three were on Enis' mind when decision time rolled around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT