ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ellis Brooks foregoing Outback Bowl, will enter 2022 NFL Draft

We will miss you. Good luck. He gave his all...will be interesting to see what he does with two good hands...his best may be yet to come. The bowl game will be an early chance to get some work for next year's starting linebacker candidates.

He makes more sense than Smith, but still needs some more visibility. These guys think they are Parsons and they are not.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Ellis played pretty well early in the year. I feel the loss of Mustipher impacted his production as much as anyone.
Like Luketa, he sucked it up, probably had to be willing make up for the depth and experience at DT (and injuries) and the abilities/performance of some of his LB mates...all with an injured hand...again, I think his trajectory is much on the upswing, may not get recognized for it in the draft, but I wish him the best and will be watching with interest.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
I am amazed at how this has not only become an accepted phenomenon, but is actually being applauded by most in the sports media. This is quitting on your team, plain and simple. This is not living up to your end of the bargain for your scholarship.

Where does it end? Lose one game in a season, and then hang it up because you can't go undefeated? Or wait until that second loss when it is obvious you won't be in the playoff? Disgraceful. I was hoping that Penn State was above this sort of thing, but obviously that is not the case.

Reactions: Cpeplion
I think priority #1 in terms of picking up guys in the portal for next season should be at least one linebacker who is a solid, sure tackler. We are going to need 1-2 of those type guys next year, especially in Diaz's high-risk, high-reward pressure defense.

Reactions: bdroc
Not ideal, we don’t have great LB depth to begin with.

Injury concerns aside, I thought players would want to play in a bowl game because, you know, it is fun to play in football games.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT