ADVERTISEMENT

Elliot Washington…

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
The next great PSU CB, after Kalen King? I think his being announced as having a green light in his Freshman season today by CJF, says a whole lot . I do like Cam Miller too, but this kid may be the next great one. What say you?

WE ARE!!!

🦁🦁🦁

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
The next great PSU CB, after Kalen King? I think his being announced as having a green light in his Freshman season today by CJF, says a whole lot . I do like Cam Miller too, but this kid may be the next great one. What say you?

WR ARE!!!

🦁🦁🦁
Also green lighted CB Zion Tracy and Safety King Mack. Secondary future is continung to look strong.

Washington and Tracy undoubtedly have shown some skills during the winter, spring and now pre-season practices. But I believe it's a little too soon to believe either of them will rise to the performance level of Porter or King.

I also believe some of what went into the decision to "green light" them both is the fact that PSU's top 3 CB's, basically the whole starting CB group, will not be at PSU in 2024. Smith needs to develop a new CB depth chart for 2024 and he needs to do it in 2023 in order for the CB room to not go from a definate strength to a definate weakness.

For 2024, from the current roster not considering incoming transfer CB's next off season, the starting CB's would project to be Miller, Washington and Tracy. I believe the staff will try and find a transfer to come in and play in 2024, even if they believe that 1 or 2 of the 2024 class CB's can come in and contribute.

Another interesting question for Franklin given the two CB green lights, now or possibly later in the season, might be to ask how Payne and Collins are practicing and if they will get some snaps as the season goes along, as they as well may need to be ready for serious game action in 2024 unless Smith and Diaz bring in an experienced CB transfer or two.

The interesting thing about our secondary is that it was a strength last year and returned a lot of be a strength this year. While there will be a definite decline next year, we are still going to have Miller coming into year 3, and likely whoever of this group of green light CBs shows out the best will be ready to step in as well.

Additionally, I would not be surprised if we target the best CB out in the portal and with our forthcoming departures, it will be a coveted spot.

Another interesting thing, a guy like Storm Duck transferred out after spending 4 months here. That speaks well of our depth here and of our starters.

And in 2024 the Safety's should be a strength as well. Wheatley, Reed, Winston, Mack, Flowers, Mills, Nelson. Probably not all of them as the depth may cause 1 or 2 to move on. Great Safety's can help out a good bit defending the deep ball.

Additionally, I would not be surprised if we target the best CB out in the portal and with our forthcoming departures, it will be a coveted spot.

Another interesting thing, a guy like Storm Duck transferred out after spending 4 months here. That speaks well of our depth here and of our starters.
Do you know the way to.....Lackawanna?

Sure has worked out well in the recent past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT