ADVERTISEMENT

Duck of the Month Club!

pish69

Jan 11, 2016
NJ--The Shore
Due to popular demand, We have the duck of the month club. I started a thread on the mat and people have mentioned it here.

PLEASE..if you are one of those that thinks NO coach ever ducks and it’s in the best interest of the athlete, PLEASE don’t post here. You can start your own thread of how no one ever ducks. I’d like this thread for people that do believe coaches duck.

I will preempt everything by stating I believe 99.9% of the time, it’s the coaches fault, NOT the athletes that are warriors in my mind.

Criteria..must involve highly ranked wrestlers (seeding implications) but can also include up and comers that are not ranked yet and people ducking them. If a coach wants to sit a guy that has a minor injury against a guy that’s not great, go for it, not a duck. But if we expecting a big time matchup, let’s see it and stop this ducking that IMO ruins the sport for the average fan.
2. If a guy wrestles one match and the next match he sits out against quality opponent and comes back the next match..it’s a duck

Recent examples from last year..
Tom Brands made the list twice, both with Stoll, ducks Snyder with match still on the line, ducked again vs Hermedia later in year. Please don’t argue that Snyder “gets to the legs”, isn’t that the objective of every wrestler? Weak sauce
Tom Ryan with NATO last year vs Suriano, comes back with weak opponent on a Friday, sits out vs Suriano Sunday and back at it following week

Those are 3 clear cases of ducking IMO.

Now this thread is for this year, if you see a duck, list it here. If it doesn’t get at least 5 likes in a few days, I would ask the poster to delete it since it didn’t get acknowledged as a duck.

Ducks so far this year..
Sean Bormet/Micic wrestles first 2 duals then sits against Suriano. Coach even said he wasn’t injured
Tom Brands/Sam Stoll returns to the list vs Wood. Brands didn’t mention injury like he did with Warner. Since Brands mentioned Warner is dealing with injury, he not on this list.

We not looking to add injured wrestlers to this list, so no Seth Gross.

Have fun, interested to see who gets added as year goes on and what coaches are the biggest duckers.

Again..if you’re one of those who thinks there is no ducking going on please refrain from this thread. TIA

Someone mentioned Doug Schwab/Max Thomsen yesterday vs up an comer Brock Mauller? Don’t know enough about it? Ban pretty dialed in. Thoughts? Did Thomsen get injured before finals is UNI Open?

I used to think Tom Ryan was the biggest culprit, but it's become crystal clear that Brands is in his league as far as ducking goes as well.

Reactions: pish69
I used to think Tom Ryan was the biggest culprit, but it's become crystal clear that Brands is in his league as far as ducking goes as well.
Tommy Brands has definitely developed the DUCK skill, but I am uncertain he can match up Tan and Tom.

Glad the Wyoming and ND State staffs played zero games and let Looney v. McNutt happen.

Gotta go with the University of Virginia's 125 pound Benyamin Kamali. He missed the dual against Central Michigan and followed that up by not wrestling Princeton's Pat Glory.
I know nothing about what is going on with the kid, but he ducked a couple duals - no rankings for this kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT