ADVERTISEMENT

Double-check that your DVR is set to record all the NCAA sessions

Psalm 1 guy

Nov 3, 2019
Just in case my situation is not an anomaly, for those of you with a DVR, please double-check to make sure all the NCAA sessions are set to record. For several years now, I have had my DVR set to record any and all NCAA wrestling matches, including any on ESPNU. Fortunately for myself, I decided to go through my DVR recording schedule and for some unknown reason all the sessions being broadcast on ESPNU were not set to record. I had to manually restore all the ESPNU sessions, which include Thursday, 12:00pm EDT, Friday, 11:00am EDT and Saturday, 11:00am EDT.

Speaking of recording wrestling matches, back in 2004 I stayed up very late to watch Cael's gold medal match. It was that typical four or six-hour block where you never knew when in the block they were going to show the wrestling. I stayed up as long as I could and just couldn't stay awake any longer, so I set up my VCR, hit record, and crawled into bed. When I awoke later that morning I excitedly headed to the living room to watch the match. I fast forwarded the recording until I saw that Cael's match was coming up. "And coming up we will have Cael Sanderson's gold medal match." And then the recording switched to a children's cartoon channel. My young daughter had woke up in the middle of the night and decided it would be a great time to watch cartoons!! Ah, the joys of parenting :) Here's to a cartoon-free NCAA tournament!

Last edited:
Just in case my situation is not an anomaly, for those of you with a DVR, please double-check to make sure all the NCAA sessions are set to record. For several years now, I have had my DVR set to record any and all NCAA wrestling matches, including any on ESPNU. Fortunately for myself, I decided to go through my DVR recording schedule and for some unknown reason all the sessions being broadcast on ESPNU were not set to record. I had to manually restore all the ESPNU sessions, which include Thursday, 12:00pm EDT, Friday, 11:00am EDT and Saturday, 11:00am EDT.

Speaking of recording wrestling matches, back in 2004 I stayed up very late to watch Cael's gold medal match. It was that typical four or six-hour block where you never knew when in the block they were going to show the wrestling. I stayed up as long as I could and just couldn't stay awake any longer, so I set up my VCR, hit record, and crawled into bed. When I awoke later that morning I excitedly headed to the living room to watch the match. I fast forwarded the recording until I saw that Cael's match was coming up. "And coming up we will have Cael Sanderson's gold medal match." And then the recording switched to a children's cartoon channel. My young daughter had woke up in the middle of the night and decided it would be a great time to watch cartoons!! Ah, the joys of parenting :) Here's to a cartoon-free NCAA tournament!
Just in case it still eats at you--I recently discovered the full broadcast of the coverage on youtube:

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy

Yeah - this happened to me too. Just triple-checked this morning. I’m going to be 45-60 minutes late for 1st rd and 1/4s sessions, so crucial that my recordings are set.

I also record all replays in case of dvr outages (which happen frequently with my dvr as it”ll reset for about 8-9 minutes

Of course, relying on tv coverage instead of ESPN all mat coverage sucks when they invariably linger on an Abe Assad match and miss a Brooks

Any idea if ESPN will have session replays online?
You should be able to watch the espn multi-view on ESPN3. For big tens it had all 4 mats...not sure if they'll have 8 mats, but maybe. I was able to start an hour late, and watch all mats. Not sure if you could do this after the event concluded, but I don't see why ESPN wouldn't make that available.

Any idea if ESPN will have session replays online?
In the past, you could bookmark replays and they were accessible for 30 days after the event.

Not sure if it's changed in the last few years.

Reactions: hlstone
What's DVR?
Don’t be like this girl:

computer-whats-a-computer.gif

Yes. I started a thread on that. Tourney on TV. Check it out.
Thank you. Set up my voice remote on a Samsung and found it, but no recording can be done. On my 85" it says I need a newer piece of equipment. No help now. Working to see if I can update my iPad and cast through that. I'm old fashioned command line oriented.

Rich

I’d check it again. When I first recorded, they didn’t have quarters listed - they listed semis twice, so I recorded both times. When they properly renamed the title to quarters, it wiped out recording. Trust, but verify

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT