ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else find themselves smiling when they think of Joseph pinning Imar?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
What a match. Of the decades of wrestling I've watched, that match may be the single most satisfying. Imar.... he may go down with only two career losses...

And think about this... Joseph and Hall are freshman (as is 125). I thought I'd never see a team like we had with Taylor and Ruth... What PSU has now is nearly unimaginable.

What a match. Of the decades of wrestling I've watched, that match may be the single most satisfying. Imar.... he may go down with only two career losses...

And think about this... Joseph and Hall are freshman (as is 125). I thought I'd never see a team like we had with Taylor and Ruth... What PSU has now is nearly unimaginable.
Yes...I even made the photo of Cael celebrating Joseph's pin with both hands raised my screen saver.

I've watched the Joseph-IMar final at least 8 times. That last throw was a thing of beauty.

I do have to correct you on IMar finishing with only 2 career losses. This won't be the last time that Joseph beats him. BOOK IT!

I've watched the Joseph-IMar final at least 8 times. That last throw was a thing of beauty.

I do have to correct you on IMar finishing with only 2 career losses. This won't be the last time that Joseph beats him. BOOK IT!
Just an fyi... by current scheduling model, we will not wrestle Illinois during the regular season.

Reactions: Dogwelder

I have watched it 5 times. Every single time I smile and mutter to myself. YES, YES, YES!

If my TV could talk and it said that we (my son and I) have watched the 5 for 5 >20 times, I would have to agree.

But I havent watched it for 2 days (stocked trout in Pine Creek Friday and mentor fishing yesterday), so this morning I got my cup coffee, fed the birds and then watched it again. Indeed I did crack a smile and once gave a fist pump to the Joseph trip!

Theory is now a FACT!

Every time I watch it, I hope and pray Joseph can somehow stick him good. And every time, he pulls through for me and does just that. I'll stop watching the video the first time he fails to pin him.

True, 165 is stacked. And Massa is the real deal.

Think about this for a moment. Joseph is surrounded by Nolf and Hall in the practice room. Can it get any better than that? If Massa goes up to 174, Hall is surrounded by Joseph and Nickal. It's just insane. A wrestling team "anchored" not by 2 or 3 guys, but 6.

Yes is the answer to the question, and you are also right about DT and ER. Each drive home from Rec Hall when David and Ed were wrestling we would say "We better enjoy these two while we have them." Little did we know what was coming down the pike. Nothing lasts forever but this ride is gonna be fun!! For some humility, I try to remember BC...Before Cael.

How good do you guys think Marinelli is going to be, Iowa seems to be putting a lot of hopes on him?

my opinion he is between Alex Meyer and Sammy Brooks. Which is pretty damn good but a NC could elude him and drive the HR nuts. I think he is 25 win 5 loss a season type guy. Places 2-4 annually at Bigs and hits AA 2-3 times at nationals.

my opinion he is between Alex Meyer and Sammy Brooks. Which is pretty damn good but a NC could elude him and drive the HR nuts. I think he is 25 win 5 loss a season type guy. Places 2-4 annually at Bigs and hits AA 2-3 times at nationals.

And that's a very solid wrestling resume.

The issue is, half of HR thinks all their kids are future champs.

And Iowa hasn't been developing their middle or upper weights to truly elite levels.

How good do you guys think Marinelli is going to be, Iowa seems to be putting a lot of hopes on him?

I honesty don't see him being as good as some on HR are predicting. In the preseason we kept hearing that he was destroying everyone from 149 up to 184 (Sammy actually had to ask for a break) in the Iowa room. An elite recruit doesn't get abused by Anthony Valencia (who didn't even AA this year). As an example, Nolf ( True Fresh) pretty much held his own against James Green at the Scuffle and Green was four time AA and World Bronze Medalist. I'm not saying Valencia is a push over, but if you are an elite recruit than you should beat him or at the very least give him a close match. He will get better, but he doesn't appear to be very athletic. Definitely strong as a "bull" though. 165 is going to be a meat grinder again next year and he will have troubles placing high. This is all opinion of course as I am no expert.

Hits memorized moves crisply, flawlessly, and is pretty obviously strong, but he also seems stiff and slow to react to better competition. Bails way too early defensively, gives up takedowns he could probably fight off.

And that's a very solid wrestling resume.

The issue is, half of HR thinks all their kids are future champs.

And Iowa hasn't been developing their middle or upper weights to truly elite levels.

You can understand their hopes though. Lee, Warner, Kemerer, Marinelli are the highest ranked kids out of high school they've had in a long time. A good immediate example is Kemerer. I think he would be the champion the next couple of years if it wasn't for one of the all time greats in Nolf. Bad luck for Kemerer.

Here's a trivia question for the wrestling historians here. Has anyone else besides Joseph avenged 3 loses over the course of one season?

I agree...Cenzo is only going to get better....Imar's run is over....

Not sure if this was noted previously somewhere, but Joseph was Wrestler of the Week after nationals.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestlin...oseph-named-USA-Wrestling-Athlete-of-the-Week

VincenzoJosephFinals400x250.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT