ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have it in you? Are you capable of calling James Franklin into your office and advise him that he is no longer the football coach at PSU?

I would love to fire him... He would be an easy fire as there is so much collective evidence of him not doing well. James ..we are going to let you go...... He would come back and say well... this is one instance I can explain SC is hurt.. PJ is gone...and I would agree and nod.........I would then say James..its not about the galactic f up against Illinois..... and then I would unload on him with 20 example of poor coaching. When I was finished.. I would give him my notecard of examples. (Giving the notecard is the reality and facts he can review over and over.) I would ask for his keys and tell him to Go home... We will have your office things sent to your house and we will notify you of your final check deposit. A person from HR will be in contact with your regarding your benefit option.... I volunteer. I would fly from Costa Rica to fire him... buy Hey.. I am emotionally bankrupt with a iron heart.

Who do you have lined up? Because you must have someone lined up in order to let him go.

Reactions: Shadow99
And if Clifford doesn’t get hurt or Levis doesn’t transfer, they’re 7-0 sitting at #2 right now. But I know, a good coach wouldn’t have a QB get hurt or have the backup transfer and if he did, he’d have his backup playing like Tom Brady immediately.
But he made the call to play Clifford hurt and he made the call not to offer another QB in the portal. The buck stops with him, that is what you don’t get.

You can send a note via courier if that is easier.

I don't know why Sandra is hesitating.
He's not getting fired over this. There would have to be a lot of off-the-field stuff going on for him to be in that kind of trouble at this point.

But he made the call to play Clifford hurt and he made the call not to offer another QB in the portal. The buck stops with him, that is what you don’t get.
You have no clue who he offered and who he didn’t in the portal. That’s the problem with spouting off without any knowledge. Maybe no one from the portal wanted to come where there was a third year starter coming back….I know, hard to believe. And every coach in the nation would play their starting QB if he was cleared to play especially if your backup is not very good. But I know, good coaches have never had a guy they recruited not live up to their potential, only Franklin. The buck stops with him, but he can’t get on the field and make the plays for the player and he doesn’t control them like a PlayStation game….that’s what you don’t get.

Reactions: mcgunns
We have the 3rd ranked recruiting class in, the #1 qb recruit in, and you guys want to fire the coach now? It was an awful loss, but don't be ridiculous.

Good thing y'all aren't ADs.
I don’t, but the class shouldn’t be why you don’t fire him. You may lose this class anyways and I believe if you hire a good coach you can still have a good class in a year or so.

but seriously can CJF get PSU to the next level??

I don’t, but the class shouldn’t be why you don’t fire him. You may lose this class anyways and I believe if you hire a good coach you can still have a good class in a year or so.

but seriously can CJF get PSU to the next level??
Can anyone get PSU to the next level? Considering we haven’t been at the next level for 30 years, I seriously doubt it. Maybe this is the highest level we can get to unless other things change besides the coach.

And if Clifford doesn’t get hurt or Levis doesn’t transfer, they’re 7-0 sitting at #2 right now. But I know, a good coach wouldn’t have a QB get hurt or have the backup transfer and if he did, he’d have his backup playing like Tom Brady immediately.
You are what you're record says you are. Not one person who is honest would have been happy with a 7-5 season.

Reactions: nits74
You are what you're record says you are. Not one person who is honest would have been happy with a 7-5 season.
I saw a bunch of people before the season predict 7-5 and many said they would be happy with it because of being 4-5 last year. I seem to recall some 7-5 and worse seasons for Paterno over the years. You think Clemson should fire Dabo this year?

So should Clemson fire Dabo? Damn mediocre season this year.
One sub-par year. Franklin can't make the same claim.

PSU Football 2021 Edition is bad and getting worse. Like early 2020, the team has quit on their Head Coach.....

It's time for James and Fumi to depart Port Matilda.

One sub-par year. Franklin can't make the same claim.

PSU Football 2021 Edition is bad and getting worse. Like early 2020, the team has quit on their Head Coach.....

It's time for James and Fumi to depart Port Matilda.
Yes, Franklin can claim that…one sub par year and that was the Covid year. Even with a sub par year this year, that’s still only two….not quite firing level. And the team did not quit on him last year, they won their last four in a row Einstein.

You can send a note via courier if that is easier.

I don't know why Sandra is hesitating.

Such low expectations. What makes you think so little of PS that another coach wouldn’t be an improvement? It’s not like PS don’t have everything they need to be successful. Joe stayed too long and hurt recruiting but a young innovator of a coach could bring this team out of the offensive dark ages. Franklin is good recruiter but that’s his limit.

Name the realistic replacement who will undoubtedly do better in both recruiting and gameday...or your posts, designed to invoke emotional responses, are devoid of content. It is easy to compare CJF with a vacuum...have the intellectual honesty to compare him with a realistic alternative. 2 pages in this thread thus far and ZERO alternatives have been named despite the claims that other coaches would be an improvement...simply name them.

Name the realistic replacement who will undoubtedly do better in both recruiting and gameday...or your posts, designed to invoke emotional responses, are devoid of content. It is easy to compare CJF with a vacuum...have the intellectual honesty to compare him with a realistic alternative. 2 pages in this thread thus far and ZERO alternatives have been named despite the claims that other coaches would be an improvement...simply name them.
Perhaps because this isn't a thread about Franklin replacements? 🤷‍♂️

It is a thread inquiring whether Pant Suit Sandy is capable of firing James Franklin. If you desire a thread addressing the need for Franklin replacement candidates, I suggest you start your own.

Capisce?

It is a thread inquiring whether Pant Suit Sandy is capable of firing James Franklin. If you desire a thread addressing the need for Franklin replacement candidates, I suggest you start your own.

Capisce?

They’re two sides to the same coin. You don’t fire a successful coach without a superior replacement lined up. That’s how you become post Bo Pelini Nebraska.

Reactions: Shadow99
They’re two sides to the same coin. You don’t fire a successful coach without a superior replacement lined up. That’s how you become post Bo Pelini Nebraska.
Disagree...you fire an obvious underperformer and signal to all of CFB that the PSU job is available.

Capisce?
I wanted to give you the opportunity to engage intellectually, with the reality that a replacement's expected performance is the basis of comparison...you are at liberty to avoid such engagement, albeit at the risk of your credibility. Apparently you don't desire to strengthen the validity of your position? OK, no problem...I suppose your attempts to invoke emotion do not require logic...you are getting what you truly want out of this thread regardless lol.

What is most likely, despite your dislike for CJF's recruiting and coaching, is that a replacement would take the program backwards instead of forward...it seems difficult for you to refute that point without naming possible replacements. 🤷‍♂️

I wanted to give you the opportunity to engage intellectually, with the reality that a replacement's expected performance is the basis of comparison...you are at liberty to avoid such engagement, albeit at the risk of your credibility. Apparently you don't desire to strengthen the validity of your position? OK, no problem...I suppose your attempts to invoke emotion do not require logic...you are getting what you truly want out of this thread regardless lol.

What is most likely, despite your dislike for CJF's recruiting and coaching, is that a replacement would take the program backwards instead of forward...it seems difficult for you to refute that point without naming possible replacements. 🤷‍♂️
I try not to participate in thread highjacking. If you desire to engage in discussion regarding potential Franklin replacements, I encourage you to start your own topical thread. I will gladly participate if you do so.

As a reminder, this thread was initiated to query whether Sandy and PSU fans were capable of firing James Franklin. Please try to stay on topic.

I try not to participate in thread highjacking. If you desire to engage in discussion regarding potential Franklin replacements, I encourage you to start your own topical thread. I will gladly participate if you do so.

As a reminder, this thread was initiated to query whether Sandy and PSU fans were capable of firing James Franklin. Please try to stay on topic.
You've initiated at least 3 threads about the same thing, regardless if they are worded slightly differently, and then mention thread integrity 🤣... I give you credit, that is funny.

That said, it is therefore clear that your posts are less about discussing Penn State football...and, for whatever reason, are more about you seeking attention...I am sure you will feel abundantly satisfied by each response you receive, and especially if you are successful in starting any heated arguments...

• Haha
Reactions: MaconNitt
Who do you have lined up? Because you must have someone lined up in order to let him go.
I dont have anyone lined up... the question was.... Could you fire him? My answer is yes... he is an easy fire... he has piled up a lot bad coaching over 8 years. You would need a couple notecards of bad game day coaching decisions. Who I have lined up was NOT the question. And yes... I would fire him...

I dont have anyone lined up... the question was.... Could you fire him? My answer is yes... he is an easy fire... he has piled up a lot bad coaching over 8 years. You would need a couple notecards of bad game day coaching decisions. Who I have lined up was NOT the question. And yes... I would fire him...

And you’re now in line to be fired if you don’t have a home run lined up so it was foolish to pull the trigger without your guy locked in.

No I couldnt do that nor have the authority, but U can let Woody Haroldson come over for Hello My Fellow Ringer Girlz 4 Blueprints and the Sammy Cassel stepback is lookin like an Arnie Schwartzenator machine. Tell him that too Heals know what it mean.

You've initiated at least 3 threads about the same thing, regardless if they are worded slightly differently, and then mention thread integrity 🤣... I give you credit, that is funny.

That said, it is therefore clear that your posts are less about discussing Penn State football...and, for whatever reason, are more about you seeking attention...I am sure you will feel abundantly satisfied by each response you receive, and especially if you are successful in starting any heated arguments...
My three threads (see below) are completely unrelated. If you're incapable of distinguishing between them, that's completely on you and your lack of reading comprehension.
  1. Do you have it in you? Are you capable of calling James Franklin into your office and advise him that he is no longer the football coach at PSU?
  2. Are there any good, even decent, head coaches available in the Portal?
  3. Are Mauti and Arrington still Tweeting for more $$$ to support Fraudklin?

No you wouldn’t and if you did and the next guy wasn’t as good, you’d be looking for another job.
The question was.... Could you fire him? Yes I could. Lots of evidence of bad coaching. The question of who is the next guy is a different question. He is someone who could easily be fired based on game day coaching alone. I never said he wasnt personable. Based on game day coaching... he has made some very poor game day coaching blunders.. and its not 1 or 2.....

The question was.... Could you fire him? Yes I could. Lots of evidence of bad coaching. The question of who is the next guy is a different question. He is someone who could easily be fired based on game day coaching alone. I never said he wasnt personable. Based on game day coaching... he has made some very poor game day coaching blunders.. and its not 1 or 2.....
And almost every program that fired a coach who was consistently an 8-9 win coach ended up regretting it. Posters on here throw out that Franklin is a great recruiter, but not a great game day coach. Do they know how tough it is to get a great recruiter? I would much rather have a great recruiter who’s not a great game day coach than a great game day coach who is not a great recruiter. A great game day coach may pull off a win or two a year against a team they shouldn’t, but they’re likely going to get to 7 wins in their best years. You have to have the talent or you’re not winning anything especially in the division we’re in.

Reactions: GTACSA
We have the 3rd ranked recruiting class in, the #1 qb recruit in, and you guys want to fire the coach now? It was an awful loss, but don't be ridiculous.

Good thing y'all aren't ADs.
Penn State's recruiting classes over the last few years would embarrass the classes that Illinois brought in when looking at rankings. Yet Illinois won this awful looking game. Recruiting is important. Developing players is important too. Franklin is not doing the later enough to think that a top 3 recruiting class would make any real difference.

Reactions: nits74
And you’re now in line to be fired if you don’t have a home run lined up so it was foolish to pull the trigger without your guy locked in.
It was not the question... I would love to fire him because he is an average game day coach.... and unfortunately.. game day is important. Yes... Saturday is actually the most important day of the week.....Franklin is great Sunday to Friday... Crushes it... says everything perfect... but on Saturday... he is average.. Saturday matters... he is average on Saturday... He is below average with under 4 minutes to go in games... He was less than average for most of the game... He is an easy fire because it is not hard to fire mediocre performance... Now... who would you get to replace him... I dont know... that was not the question... My first criteria would be... Game day coaching being above average.

Capisce?
Jeepers, yer an imbecile. Time for you to take your Lithium and have some warm milk.

Is Clemson having a mediocre season? I get you hate Pitt and the ACC.
Dabo is having a disaster of a season. Dabo should also have a much longer rope than Franklin. Does anyone here think a small school in western South Carolina has more resources than Penn State? But they are in the talent rich south you say? I guess...... but they are further from Charlotte than South Carolina and the NC schools. They are also further from Atlanta than Georgia and Georgia Tech. Yet Dabo made it happen. Penn State can do it too.

Reactions: dailybuck777
It was not the question... I would love to fire him because he is an average game day coach.... and unfortunately.. game day is important. Yes... Saturday is actually the most important day of the week.....Franklin is great Sunday to Friday... Crushes it... says everything perfect... but on Saturday... he is average.. Saturday matters... he is average on Saturday... He is below average with under 4 minutes to go in games... He was less than average for most of the game... He is an easy fire because it is not hard to fire mediocre performance... Now... who would you get to replace him... I dont know... that was not the question... My first criteria would be... Game day coaching being above average.

You’re going to need to define mediocre because as much as you want him to be his record is better than the vast majority of college football coaches since the sanctions lifted. I don’t think losing him is end of the world, but if what he’s done the last 5 or 6 years is mediocre then most coaches flat out suck because only a handful have done more.

Dabo is having a disaster of a season. Dabo should also have a much longer rope than Franklin. Does anyone here think a small school in western South Carolina has more resources than Penn State? But they are in the talent rich south you say? I guess...... but they are further from Charlotte than South Carolina and the NC schools. They are also further from Atlanta than Georgia and Georgia Tech. Yet Dabo made it happen. Penn State can do it too.

Replace Clemson with PSU in that division and PSU has multiple playoff appearances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT