ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have it in you? Are you capable of calling James Franklin into your office and advise him that he is no longer the football coach at PSU?

If Brisker or Brooks holds onto their interceptions, Penn State wins, stays in the top-10, and all the national talking heads are hyping up the OSU/PSU game and the "will CJF bolt for LSU or USC" storylines.

Let's not go too crazy.

Terrible, embarrassing loss, but CJF is still our guy.

If he loses out, I would give him the boot at the end of the season. But not just for the losses, but some other things as well such as playing a significantly injured QB for an entire game.

I don’t think I’d fire him but I wouldn’t do backflips to get him to stay if someone else wants him. An absolutely horrific loss — after a loss and a bye — to a vastly inferior opponent. At home.

I don’t think I’d fire him but I wouldn’t do backflips to get him to stay if someone else wants him. An absolutely horrific loss — after a loss and a bye — to a vastly inferior opponent. At home.
So what are you waiting for? An even worse performance?

We have the 3rd ranked recruiting class in, the #1 qb recruit in, and you guys want to fire the coach now? It was an awful loss, but don't be ridiculous.

Good thing y'all aren't ADs.
Breaking news...most of them aren't coming to PSU...

Reactions: acic1
We have the 3rd ranked recruiting class in, the #1 qb recruit in, and you guys want to fire the coach now? It was an awful loss, but don't be ridiculous.

Such low expectations. What makes you think so little of PS that another coach wouldn’t be an improvement? It’s not like PS don’t have everything they need to be successful. Joe stayed too long and hurt recruiting but a young innovator of a coach could bring this team out of the offensive dark ages. Franklin is good recruiter but that’s his limit.

Do they all stick after this performance. Would you?

If he loses out, I would give him the boot at the end of the season. But not just for the losses, but some other things as well such as playing a significantly injured QB for an entire game.
I don’t think you get rid of a coach that has amassed the record that he has in the past 8 years: Three New Year’s Day bowls, three top ten finishes, at least two 11 win seasons, and that record includes the 2014 and 2015 post sanctions seasons. There’s certainly room for improvement, but compare his record to Harbaugh who had absolutely no sanctions to recover from. All in all he’s achieved a lot more than a lot of FBS coaches in that time span.

Breaking news...most of them aren't coming to PSU...

Such low expectations. What makes you think so little of PS that another coach wouldn’t be an improvement? It’s not like PS don’t have everything they need to be successful. Joe stayed too long and hurt recruiting but a young innovator of a coach could bring this team out of the offensive dark ages. Franklin is good recruiter but that’s his limit.

Do they all stick after this performance. Would you?

Why haven't recruits bailed on Notre Dame? Texas? North Carolina? Clemson? LSU? FSU?

These are all teams that have had bad losses this year (to different degrees), and yet are still in the top 15 in class rankings currently.

Do you all really think recruits bail after 1 bad loss? The answer is no.

I don’t think you get rid of a coach that has amassed the record that he has in the past 8 years: Three New Year’s Day bowls, three top ten finishes, at least two 11 win seasons, and that record includes the 2014 and 2015 post sanctions seasons. There’s certainly room for improvement, but compare his record to Harbaugh who had absolutely no sanctions to recover from. All in all he’s achieved a lot more than a lot of FBS coaches in that time span.
His floor has been good but it’s more and more looking like he has reached his ceiling.

Gotta pray Franklin starts recruiting some 5 star o-linemen

I would t fire him but I would certainly it have a discussion letting him know that losses to inferior opponents because, at least in appearance, his team was not prepared to play is not acceptable for the salary he and his staff are receiving. If he is going to push for upgrades and investments in the program he needs to hold up to his end of the bargain…..losing to inferior opponents and not handling your business properly against, bought and paid fir wins, is t going to cut it.

I would t fire him but I would certainly it have a discussion letting him know that losses to inferior opponents because, at least in appearance, his team was not prepared to play is not acceptable for the salary he and his staff are receiving.
So a sternly worded warning? 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

Reactions: PAgeologist
I would love to fire him... He would be an easy fire as there is so much collective evidence of him not doing well. James ..we are going to let you go...... He would come back and say well... this is one instance I can explain SC is hurt.. PJ is gone...and I would agree and nod.........I would then say James..its not about the galactic f up against Illinois..... and then I would unload on him with 20 example of poor coaching. When I was finished.. I would give him my notecard of examples. (Giving the notecard is the reality and facts he can review over and over.) I would ask for his keys and tell him to Go home... We will have your office things sent to your house and we will notify you of your final check deposit. A person from HR will be in contact with your regarding your benefit option.... I volunteer. I would fly from Costa Rica to fire him... buy Hey.. I am emotionally bankrupt with a iron heart.

Again, this was different. This is a defining loss for Franklin. Illinois is a TERRIBLE team. But they showed more heart and soul than PSU and wanted it more. Just completely and utterly a massive failure on Franklin’s part.

Reactions: Cpeplion and psu00
If I was the AD I would just hire 50 assistant AD’s.

Reactions: gslachta
Again, this was different. This is a defining loss for Franklin. Illinois is a TERRIBLE team. But they showed more heart and soul than PSU and wanted it more. Just completely and utterly a massive failure on Franklin’s part.
We said the same thing last year when we lost to Maryland. It's a really bad loss but it doesn't define CJF more than the high points — the Big Ten title, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Whiteout wins, top recruiting classes.

Reactions: Shadow99
If Brisker or Brooks holds onto their interceptions, Penn State wins, stays in the top-10, and all the national talking heads are hyping up the OSU/PSU game and the "will CJF bolt for LSU or USC" storylines.

Let's not go too crazy.

Terrible, embarrassing loss, but CJF is still our guy.
Don’t tell that to the clowns calling for his head. Another missed FG by Stout didn’t help either.

Yeah whatever. You guys have all the answers.

• Haha
I would love to fire him... He would be an easy fire as there is so much collective evidence of him not doing well. James ..we are going to let you go...... He would come back and say well... this is one instance I can explain SC is hurt.. PJ is gone...and I would agree and nod.........I would then say James..its not about the galactic f up against Illinois..... and then I would unload on him with 20 example of poor coaching. When I was finished.. I would give him my notecard of examples. (Giving the notecard is the reality and facts he can review over and over.) I would ask for his keys and tell him to Go home... We will have your office things sent to your house and we will notify you of your final check deposit. A person from HR will be in contact with your regarding your benefit option.... I volunteer. I would fly from Costa Rica to fire him... buy Hey.. I am emotionally bankrupt with a iron heart.
And stupid too.

He is bad. Oline and running game are not improving despite what the fanboys are saying.
And if Clifford doesn’t get hurt or Levis doesn’t transfer, they’re 7-0 sitting at #2 right now. But I know, a good coach wouldn’t have a QB get hurt or have the backup transfer and if he did, he’d have his backup playing like Tom Brady immediately.

We’d be on coach number 7 since Joe by now if these guys were AD.

• Love
Reactions: TheGLOV
No you wouldn’t and if you did and the next guy wasn’t as good, you’d be looking for another job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT