ADVERTISEMENT

Disgusted to be a Penn Stater right now

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
So I go on Twitter and look at both James Franklin's and Herb Hand's accounts and see what people are saying to them and it's pathetic. Making fun of Hand's weight and so on. I haven't looked at Hack or Donovan's accounts, but can only imagine.

It's only a stupid football game. Why would any fan, especially ours stoop that low.

I don't feel sorry for CJF and other coaches concerning criticism of the teams performance... they are big boys and know what they signed up for. If they are going to take the atta boys when the team does well, then they need to suffer the spears and arrows as well. Of course, the people who escalate things into personal attacks are scum. If you think someone is a bad coach, then talk about performance on the field. Someone's weight shouldn't come into it at all.

I'm a little torn with the potential comments towards Hack and other players. These are amateur athletes and are trying hard. I'm sure Hack would prefer throwing touchdown to being sacked. He's either making mistakes or not being put in the situation to succeed. That being said, as a leader, Hack gets the accolades for having such a great FR season and the projections as a top draft pick. Maybe he should shoulder some of the criticism (not personal) as well.

Reactions: psu00
So I go on Twitter and look at both James Franklin's and Herb Hand's accounts and see what people are saying to them and it's pathetic. Making fun of Hand's weight and so on. I haven't looked at Hack or Donovan's accounts, but can only imagine.

It's only a stupid football game. Why would any fan, especially ours stoop that low.

This is the same fanbase that sent vile and disgusting letters to Mike Cooper when Joe named him the starting QB, and similar to Wally Richardson and Michael Robinson. We have our group of nitwits and knuckleheads.

Are personal attacks really coming from fans? Or trolls...

Nothing about the performance is their job is too far at the moment. They just lost to Temple. This is horrendous.

Reactions: BBrown

Part of the problem appears to be that at least at some level you derive your self-worth from what anonymous people on social media say about other people.

Reactions: WDLion
Are personal attacks really coming from fans? Or trolls...

Nothing about the performance is their job is too far at the moment. They just lost to Temple. This is horrendous.
Do you really think it is Rutgers, Maryland, Pitt, WVU fans tweeting our players and coaches??

My guess is that it is not...

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
It's not right!!

But you can call me and heckle me all you want for about $4 million per year....

Reactions: bmw199

I agree that personal attacks are out of line. I also believe players and coaches should stay off social media. It brings out the worst in people. Anyone who believes this fan base is any better than any other fan base is beyond delusional.

Meh... CJF is using social media as a major tool for recruiting. The flip side of that is that it also exposes him to the criticisms - fair or not. These guys are making big $$$. They can handle it. If they can't, they'll move on

Personal attacks are never ok and those who think they are just as bad as those making them. I don't care how much they make.

This is the same fanbase that sent vile and disgusting letters to Mike Cooper when Joe named him the starting QB, and similar to Wally Richardson and Michael Robinson. We have our group of nitwits and knuckleheads.
Not to mention tossed piss balloons at tosu's marching band. What a bunch of toady cultists are we!!!

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
Coaches know they are surrounded by idiots. A crushing loss is, however a good time for the better grounded supporters to stand behind their team. This may take longer than some anticipated. I think JF is in it for the long haul. Saturday may have been his come to Jesus moment. Every coach experiences it. You realize that compromise is not getting it done. When you are forced to realize that you cannot please everyone, you go back to your basic beliefs and principles. I think he was biding his time with Hack. It is a bad marriage that neither asked for. I would be surprised if some major changes are not in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT