ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't take long, like Clockwork the annual excuse of the other teams stacking the box as a reason why our rushing offense struggles so much.....

PennsylvaniaPride

Jan 4, 2002
Seems like other teams have not respected our QB this century, so they try to make our QB beat them. They "stack the box" and that's why PSU can't run against an FCS team. Fortunately for PSU, Clifford is having a monster season thus far. However, will that hold up against the better teams in the Big 10? We now know that Wisconsin isn't one of those better teams this year. (The #1 key to beating Wisconsin this is simply letting Mertz self destruct) How is Wisconsin and Iowa able to run every year despite having no great athletes on the outside? What are they doing better in the development of their OLineman? I mean during their good years they run against stacked boxes all the time. They almost notify teams of the play before its run and still get yards. Hate to say it, but I'm starting to question our S&C for our olineman. Can't be coaching as PSU has 3 for 4 different Oline coaches during Franklin's tenure. Can't be recruiting a PSU recruits olineman better than most schools....other than having a bunch of guards playing tackle. That's been a issue since sanctions.

It's the only thing holding this team back. (Unless you are worried about dline depth) 1st and goal from inside the 10 against a FCS and PSU can't run it in. Numerous 4th down conversion this year failed since their is no push. Lots of tackles for losses and negative plays. What gives?

On the bright side this team is 4-0 and ranked #6. Who would have though? Lots of teams are struggling on offense this year and our main rival is struggling on D. Big 10 is for the taking this year. Irony is I think most fans were worried about Clifford and not our running game coming into the season.

Big Ten Champs or Bust....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News