ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone watch SNFootball last night? A PSU Love-In

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
The announcers couldn't say enough good things about Saquon who came up big in a clutch drive. Overall he had 88 yards rushing and 33 in receptions. For the Commanders, Jahan Dotson had 4 receptions for 105 yards. One of those was a fantastic catch over a defender. He, by far, let both teams in reception yardage.

Collinsworth keeps saying how Dotson did this all the time in college, that he LOVED watching him play college ball, and knew he'd be a great WR in the NFL.

Hard to believe the "Skins QBs don't throw to him more often. I'm pretty sure he was only targeted 5 times. Barkley looked great.

The announcers couldn't say enough good things about Saquon who came up big in a clutch drive. Overall he had 88 yards rushing and 33 in receptions. For the Commanders, Jahan Dotson had 4 receptions for 105 yards. One of those was a fantastic catch over a defender. He, by far, let both teams in reception yardage.

Collinsworth keeps saying how Dotson did this all the time in college, that he LOVED watching him play college ball, and knew he'd be a great WR in the NFL.

We could sure use a Dotson or next year. Or a Hamler. Or a Godwin. Or a Robinson.

Imagine Barkley behind at least an average oline and Dotson paired up with at least an average qb. They are successful, despite their less than optimal surroundings in the NFL.

Hard to believe the "Skins QBs don't throw to him more often. I'm pretty sure he was only targeted 5 times. Barkley looked great.
Dotson and McLaurin both had 6 targets to lead the team--that feels right. They're a balance offense--he's not going to see double digit targets unless they're down big. McLaurin caught all 6 of his targets--I was actually expecting McLaurin to lead the team in targets

On a side note, just a horribly officiated game. Anyone who doesn't believe that games are influenced (or even fixed) doesn't have a clue.

The 'skins had the ball on the six inch line down 8 with 00:30 to go in the game. The ref called illegal formation when the WR wasn't on the LOS and cover the OT. The WR pointed to his spot twice and nodded to the official. The official will tell them if they are up close enough. So the "skins scored a TD, ready to go for two, when the refs called the five yard penalty. On the next play, the defender literally grabbed the WR from behind, wrapping his arms around the defender, before the ball arrived and they called nothing. Even the in-house ref commentator said he didn't know how they could call a "technical" violation like illegal formation on one play and not call a blatant PI call the very next play.

FkUGYzzXwAAC08J

On a side note, just a horribly officiated game. Anyone who doesn't believe that games are influenced (or even fixed) doesn't have a clue.

The 'skins had the ball on the six inch line down 8 with 00:30 to go in the game. The ref called illegal formation when the WR wasn't on the LOS and cover the OT. The WR pointed to his spot twice and nodded to the official. The official will tell them if they are up close enough. So the "skins scored a TD, ready to go for two, when the refs called the five yard penalty. On the next play, the defender literally grabbed the WR from behind, wrapping his arms around the defender, before the ball arrived and they called nothing. Even the in-house ref commentator said he didn't know how they could call a "technical" violation like illegal formation on one play and not call a blatant PI call the very next play.

FkUGYzzXwAAC08J
I wanted the Giants to win but that was a horrendous no PI call. Just incompetent officiating at its worst. And yes the ticky tack not at the line of scrimmage call was pure horse crap.
As you mentioned, the Washington WR was even trying to proactively prevent it as he checked with the official as they were lined up. Really bad look for the refs.

Dotson looked great and they should have looked for him when they were trying to punch across the tying TD (with EP). I guess he is their #3 guy but he has to be close to their 1 and certainly 2 guy. And always satisfying to see Saquon with a big game!

FkUGYzzXwAAC08J
On that same play at the end the Giants DE was poked in the eye holding ip for an instant so the refs missed illegal hands to the face on the offense as well. It should have been offsetting penalties and redo the down.

FkUGYzzXwAAC08J
I understand officiating is not great in any league, but why in the world would the NFL “fix” a game to get the Giants to win? And the Jacksonville-Giants game was the worst officiated game I’ve seen in decades with every call going against the Giants and many of them on the final drive for the Jaguars when they were going for the win. So why would the NFL try to fix a game for the Jaguars to beat the Giants but then turn around and fix a game for the Giants to beat Washington? It just doesn’t make any sense. I get that calls will likely go in favor of the top teams (like Philly this year), but why the Giants?

Reactions: PSU Lion 2000
I understand officiating is not great in any league, but why in the world would the NFL “fix” a game to get the Giants to win? And the Jacksonville-Giants game was the worst officiated game I’ve seen in decades with every call going against the Giants and many of them on the final drive for the Jaguars when they were going for the win. So why would the NFL try to fix a game for the Jaguars to beat the Giants but then turn around and fix a game for the Giants to beat Washington? It just doesn’t make any sense. I get that calls will likely go in favor of the top teams (like Philly this year), but why the Giants?
Have you read any news about Washington’s owner?

Have you read any news about Washington’s owner?
Yes, but there were no questionable calls two weeks ago when they played each other, so do they only fix home games? Maybe the refs just got tired of their coach’s non stop whining the entire game.

Yes, but there were no questionable calls two weeks ago when they played each other, so do they only fix home games? Maybe the refs just got tired of their coach’s non stop whining the entire game.
I am not a DC fan but I saw what I saw. Fixed or completely incompetent. The illegal formation wasn’t a judgement call. You could see the WR check with him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT