Dem senators vote to keep sending money to fossil fuel companies

pawrestlersintn

Jan 26, 2013
So much for global warming...

"The Senate rejected an amendment by Sen. Bernie Sanders for the fifth time Sunday morning, this time on stripping benefits for fossil fuel from Democrats' social spending and tax bill. The vote was 99-1.

"My amendment would eliminate all of the provisions in this bill that would benefit the fossil fuel industry, including opening up to 700 million acres of public lands and water for oil and gas drilling," Sanders, I-Vt., said. "There is a reason why BP and Shell, some of the largest oil companies in this country, are supporting this bill, and it is not a good reason.""

junior1

May 29, 2001
So much for global warming...

"The Senate rejected an amendment by Sen. Bernie Sanders for the fifth time Sunday morning, this time on stripping benefits for fossil fuel from Democrats' social spending and tax bill. The vote was 99-1.

"My amendment would eliminate all of the provisions in this bill that would benefit the fossil fuel industry, including opening up to 700 million acres of public lands and water for oil and gas drilling," Sanders, I-Vt., said. "There is a reason why BP and Shell, some of the largest oil companies in this country, are supporting this bill, and it is not a good reason.""
a lot of unique characters are supporting this bill...are they not supporting it for good reasons?