ADVERTISEMENT

Delgado to HWC

WildTurk

Jul 25, 2011
Glad to see him keeping the dream alive. Good addition to the room for Iowa imo. Perry already doing work! Keep it rolling!

My thought is.. How much leg diving will he continue to do? Something about its hard to teach an old dog new tricks? We shall see

I wonder about that as well. That move enabled him to achieve a lot of success in folk, though it drove fans of his competitors crazy. I remember thinking that while it worked in folk, he would be penalizing himself by trying it in free.

Chris Perry use to drive fans (and opponents) crazy with his stalling and wrestling at the edge. Many were surprised that when forced to do otherwise, he didn't need that technique to win. Perhaps Delgado will do something similar. I don't recall the leg diving being as big a part of his arsenal in HS and early in college, so the potential is there.

Reactions: lionlover
Hahaha. As long as DonHawkeye weighs in with details on Stallgado's "mid six figure deal" with the HWC.
New tack by DonHawkeye. He is now quoting specifics. $200k over 4 years plus insurance. Not exactly what I would term "mid six figures" but close enough for horseshoes.

To borrow from PapaBearSlim, Mark Hall's guarantee must have hit 7 figures, or at least close. And imagine what DT is pulling in right now. The slush fund must be pulling in returns that rival Madoff Investment Securities.
Earlier this spring Cael was seen consulting with:
billions_204_342-r.jpg

New tack by DonHawkeye. He is now quoting specifics. $200k over 4 years plus insurance. Not exactly what I would term "mid six figures" but close enough for horseshoes.

To borrow from PapaBearSlim, Mark Hall's guarantee must have hit 7 figures, or at least close. And imagine what DT is pulling in right now. The slush fund must be pulling in returns that rival Madoff Investment Securities.
Earlier this spring Cael was seen consulting with:
billions_204_342-r.jpg

I have watched wizard of lies twice now and it still boggles my mind how that whole thing went down.

PS - I owned that megadeath shirt in the 80s. shame I wore it out.

good luck to him, but I do not see him making much noise in FS..IMO

Agree unless he changes his style drastically. He's a very talented wrestler so he may be able to pull it off. Remains to be seen. Meanwhile he is a benefit to the Iowa team just as a workout partner for their lightweights.

The jump over the top and grab ankles move that worked for him won't work under the new Gullibon/Heil rule.

The jump over the top and grab ankles move that worked for him won't work under the new Gullibon/Heil rule.

Since that is an NCAA rule and Delgado is not in college any more that rule won't matter. What will is the exposure rules in freestyle which will be even more punitive to Delgado's favorite move than the new NCAA rule.

Since that is an NCAA rule and Delgado is not in college any more that rule won't matter. What will is the exposure rules in freestyle which will be even more punitive to Delgado's favorite move than the new NCAA rule.
My point was that his style isn't necessarily the best to bring in to teach/work out with college wrestlers since it's no longer feasible given the new rules.

My point was that his style isn't necessarily the best to bring in to teach/work out with college wrestlers since it's no longer feasible given the new rules.

Agreed, not to mention it isn't feasible (in fact quite a bad move) in freestyle. Delgado will have to change his tactics drastically to be successful as a competitor and as a coach.

diving is still allowed... he just has to figure out how not to expose his back for extended periods of time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT