ADVERTISEMENT

Delco boy Joe Klecko in the hall

He played for Temple anchoring the first good team they had in years. They played at Penn State on a national televised game. Midway through the first quarter there was a long time out. Klecko asked the ref why the game was delayed and the ref said “Time out for television commercials. Welcome to the big time, kid”.

He played for Temple anchoring the first good team they had in years. They played at Penn State on a national televised game. Midway through the first quarter there was a long time out. Klecko asked the ref why the game was delayed and the ref said “Time out for television commercials. Welcome to the big time, kid”.
He illegally played semi pro in Aston before Temple. Fortunately it was so small time the NCAA didn’t ban him

Was in London for the week and fell behind the news.

Love to see Joe Klecko in the HOF. Chester boy, and his father was a friend of my grandfather - two tough truck drivers in the days before power steering, but my grandfather was about a foot shorter.

Klecko was a force - only guy named to the Pro Bowl at all 3 DL positions.
I know a guy who played at Temple, with Joe. He told me Joe played football in the fall, then drove truck most of the rest of the year.Academic integrity at it’s finest.

I know a guy who played at Temple, with Joe. He told me Joe played football in the fall, then drove truck most of the rest of the year.Academic integrity at it’s finest.
At least he was doing something productive. You had guys at A&M and other Southern schools watching sprinkler systems and getting paid

Great player and local story. Grew up rooting for him. His name turned a little sour when he got caught up in an insurance fraud scheme inthe early 90s. I knew one person who I played Little League with who also plead guilty.

Why would an NFL player mess around with a scam like that? Likely because of the people he knew and/or grew up with.

None of that diminishes his talent as a player.

Great guy. Used to bounce at the Anvil Inn in Kennett Square during the off season. His son Dan was also a really good guy. Just down to earth people.

Reactions: NedFromYork
MV5BZTA0OTBkMzUtNDNjYy00MjcwLThmZDktN2JiMmQ0OWU3N2M5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

images

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT