ADVERTISEMENT

Deja Vu All Over Again

Big 0

Jun 28, 2001
This year reminds me of 1999. Highly ranked as the season was past midway and then the wheels fell off after a tough, heartbreaking 1 point loss. Team lost it’s mojo after that loss and never really recovered. That’s why today’s loss seems to be a carbon copy of the 1999 season. After a tough loss, there was no passion, energy, or confidence and the team just seemed to be going through the motions. The team didn’t rebound at all. I am very disappointed. It’s looks like it’s probably going to be tough sledding for the rest of the season I’m afraid.

Yes, but we are not losing another game the rest of the year.

This year reminds me of 1999. Highly ranked as the season was past midway and then the wheels fell off after a tough, heartbreaking 1 point loss. Team lost it’s mojo after that loss and never really recovered. That’s why today’s loss seems to be a carbon copy of the 1999 season. After a tough loss, there was no passion, energy, or confidence and the team just seemed to be going through the motions. The team didn’t rebound at all. I am very disappointed. It’s looks like it’s probably going to be tough sledding for the rest of the season I’m afraid.

The '99 team gave up. This team didn't lose today or last week from lack of effort. Can't duplicate the situation of this game with the weather, field conditions and over 3 hour delay delay on the road coming on the heels of an that game in Columbus.

They're doing the best they can with the limitations of the roster...and of course, I'm talking about the situation in the trenches.

In spite of all of that, we have 2 losses by 4 points on the road to ranked opponents. It's frustrating but we're still a work in progress in the biggest difference making position on the field. Fixing the OL and DL can only be done with talent and experience. 12 of 16 OL on roster are freshman and sophomore eligible. The 3 deep on defense has 2 seniors. I'd make the argument the team is doing some amazing things in spite of those limitations.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
The '99 team gave up. This team didn't lose today or last week from lack of effort. Can't duplicate the situation of this game with the weather, field conditions and over 3 hour delay delay on the road coming on the heels of an that game in Columbus.

They're doing the best they can with the limitations of the roster...and of course, I'm talking about the situation in the trenches.

In spite of all of that, we have 2 losses by 4 points on the road to ranked opponents. It's frustrating but we're still a work in progress in the biggest difference making position on the field. Fixing the OL and DL can only be done with talent and experience. 12 of 16 OL on roster are freshman and sophomore eligible. The 3 deep on defense has 2 seniors. I'd make the argument the team is doing some amazing things in spite of those limitations.
Work in progress...give it a break

I attribute it to 2 road games in succession. Some pinhead (or Barry Alverez) wanted to keep PSU down when this year’s schedule was formulated.

Barry is quietly, yet deeply embedded in the B1G hierarchy.

I attribute it to 2 road games in succession. Some pinhead (or Barry Alverez) wanted to keep PSU down when this year’s schedule was formulated.

Barry is quietly, yet deeply embedded in the B1G hierarchy.
I guess PSU is the only Big 10 team that had to play 2 road games inn a row.

Reactions: psu2016
I'm sure coming back to the Bev will be nice. The real question is will anyone show up to support the team. Or do we see an half empty stadium.

If that stadium is half empty, that's all on us then. I know we're all upset here, but if we're gonna walk away from supporting a team that can go 10-2 in two years following scholarship sanctions, then we really are spoiled brats.

I guess PSU is the only Big 10 team that had to play 2 road games inn a row.
They are the only team required to play two successive road games against two of the best teams in the conference. I hope I sufficiently clarified that for you.

If you think this year’s PSU conference schedule was “coincidental”, you might be beyond naive’.

Last edited:
If that stadium is half empty, that's all on us then. I know we're all upset here, but if we're gonna walk away from supporting a team that can go 10-2 in two years following scholarship sanctions, then we really are spoiled brats.

I plan on being at the last three games. Am I disappointed ? Sure, but I am no Bandwagon Jumper.

They are the only team required to play two successive road games against two of the best teams in the conference. I hope I sufficiently clarified that for you.

If you think this year’s PSU conference schedule was “coincidental”, you might be beyond naive’.
How is our schedule that much different that other teams in the east?
PSU - bye week, Michigan, @OSU, @SMH
OSU - bye week, PSU, @Iowa, MUS
They have 3 touch games in a row. MSU opened Big 10 play with road games @Iowa and Michigan but according to you the Big 10 was out to get us with the schedule

How is our schedule that much different that other teams in the east?
PSU - bye week, Michigan, @OSU, @SMH
OSU - bye week, PSU, @Iowa, MUS
They have 3 touch games in a row. MSU opened Big 10 play with road games @Iowa and Michigan but according to you the Big 10 was out to get us with the schedule
I found it interesting that you only cited two teams, one of which is your own (OSU - which has two home games in the span you cited).

Please get back to me when you have studied the 2017 schedules for the other B1G teams, especially those in the East.

Stop making excuses. We had a double digit lead for most of the OSU game and blew it. Ten point favorites today and blew it.

I found it interesting that you only cited two teams, one of which is your own (OSU - which has two home games in the span you cited).

Please get back to me when you have studied the 2017 schedules for the other B1G teams, especially those in the East.
What do you mean one is my own team. I am a PSU alum. I am sick of listening to people make excuses when we lose that the Big 10 or the refs or whoever are out to get us.

We were not the better team on the field today. MSU made plays when they needed them and PSU didn't.

What do you mean one is my own team. I am a PSU alum. I am sick of listening to people make excuses when we lose that the Big 10 or the refs or whoever are out to get us.

We were not the better team on the field today. MSU made plays when they needed them and PSU didn't.
You are an OSU troll.

EXACTLY!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT