ADVERTISEMENT

Daton Fix Suspended

Not sure if this affects his NCAA eligibility. Last I heard, Smith did not want him to shirt this year. Said he needed the season in order to compete in Freestyle. Even if this changes his mind are you eligible for Oly redshirt if you are suspended?

It was reduced from 4 years to one because his father said it was his "water" infused with banned anabolic substances and Daton drank it by accident. What kind of world do we live in when you can't even trust the water in your fridge to be water in your fridge?

Reminds me of the classic W.C. Fields quote. He was known for drinking heavily on set......always claiming it was Grapefruit Juice. One day he took a drink from his thermos.....spit it out and screamed "Who the F#@k put grapefruit juice in my....... grapefruit juice? Too funny :)

Last edited:
Wow -- that story makes the Miguel Tejada B12 Shot excuse look honest:
The panel found that Fix ingested ostarine by drinking from a water bottle, which contained a supplement mixture as well as ostarine that his father had prepared for himself but left in the family's refrigerator. Fix explained he was unaware that his father had added ostarine to the supplement mixture.

From WebMD:
is an investigational drug that has not yet been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is part of a class of drugs called selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs). Some supplement companies have included ostarine in products for bodybuilding.

Ostarine is used by mouth to improve athletic performance and for involuntary weight loss in people who are very ill, also known as cachexia or wasting syndrome. But there is very little good scientific research to support these uses.

From the hearing transcript. Not a good look for OSU and Chris Perry, your neighborhood pharmacist.

4.Mr. Fix was unaware at the time that his father, Derek Fix, had been using ostarine (under the name “MK-2866”) every day beginning in late December 2019 or early January 2020. Derek purchased the ostarine online approximately two weeks earlier on the advice of his friend ,Chris Perry. According to Derek, he stored the ostarine in his garage refrigerator and would take the ostarine either sublingually or mixed in water bottles with “Vasayo” drink mix.

From the hearing transcript. Not a good look for OSU and Chris Perry, your neighborhood pharmacist.

4.Mr. Fix was unaware at the time that his father, Derek Fix, had been using ostarine (under the name “MK-2866”) every day beginning in late December 2019 or early January 2020. Derek purchased the ostarine online approximately two weeks earlier on the advice of his friend ,Chris Perry. According to Derek, he stored the ostarine in his garage refrigerator and would take the ostarine either sublingually or mixed in water bottles with “Vasayo” drink mix.
So Mr. Fix is the Mrs. Clemens in this story.

How pathetic is dad

Reactions: vhsalum

MK-48 is the US Army Special Operations "Super SAW" machine gun.

Imagine the guns MK-2866 must get you.

Rubbish.
Cover for the kid.
I remember when Cam Newton’s uncle got $250,000. Said he didn’t give any to Newton and gee wis everything was fine. Liar, liar.....
or do you remember when a large amount of cash fell out of the travel baggage of a Kentucky basketball coach, who said he always traveled with a massive amount of cash. He was Kentucky’s primary recruiter, as I recall.

Not sure if this affects his NCAA eligibility. Last I heard, Smith did not want him to shirt this year. Said he needed the season in order to compete in Freestyle. Even if this changes his mind are you eligible for Oly redshirt if you are suspended?
If I am not mistaken, you are suspended from NCAA competition if you are suspended by USADA. Thought I remembered hearing that with the Zahid situation, for which there is still nothing official.

Reactions: liex26
If I am not mistaken, you are suspended from NCAA competition if you are suspended by USADA. Thought I remembered hearing that with the Zahid situation, for which there is still nothing official.
Correct.

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=102666#result (search for WADA)
18.4.1.4.7 Non-NCAA Athletics Organization's Positive Drug Test. The Board of Governors shall authorize methods for drug testing any student-athlete who has disclosed in the student-athlete statement (see Bylaw 12.7.2.1) that he or she has had a positive drug test administered by a non-NCAA athletics organization that has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code. A student-athlete under a drug-testing suspension from a national or international sports governing body that has adopted the WADA code shall not participate in NCAA intercollegiate competition for the duration of the suspension. (Adopted: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, Revised: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05, 10/30/14, 6/19/17)

So his dad is a doper and puts doped water in the frig for anyone to drink??? Sure, makes perfect sense......sarcasm meter is at a 10/10.
How’s that for integrity and character? Nice life lessons from Mr Fix and the OKSt coaches. OkSt, molders of...mold, and mice

Not a good look all around. I am wondering why Mr. Fix would throw Perry under the bus if the whole excuse is just a lie? Why not make up another story? The retired cop in me feels like something isn't being told here . . . .

Not a good look all around. I am wondering why Mr. Fix would throw Perry under the bus if the whole excuse is just a lie? Why not make up another story? The retired cop in me feels like something isn't being told here . . . .
I imagine that a lie from whole cloth wasn't possible, and that the story needed to comport to already known facts.

Putting aside that seemingly all positive drug test excuses strain credulity and involve third parties acting innocently and above board, I have trouble believing that an athlete of Fix's stature was somehow unaware of what he was ingesting.

Reactions: lionlover
Why make up some lame excuse, is it getting his suspension reduced?

He isnt beating Spencer, or TG for that matter, roids or no roids.

My teacher once caught me cheating on a test. I got out of that jam by having my dad say that he dressed up and went to school as me without my knowledge and cheated on the test that day. My dad is the best! :)
DNA test?

Reactions: PASLP2
Why make up some lame excuse, is it getting his suspension reduced?

He isnt beating Spencer, or TG for that matter, roids or no roids.
He did get it reduced from 4 years to one, starting last February. A slap on the wrist if there ever was one.

Who’s dad is into bodybuilding so much, he needs juice like that? Doesn’t make sense to me.

That said. Daton beat Gilman last WTT, so it’s definitely possible.

Always lie with the maximum elements of truth possible, while still maintaining the lie at the core. Liar's 101.

It’s a very bad look and embarrassing for all involved. I would think that if Coach Smith believes anyone associated with his wrestling program was/is knowingly helping his athletes take PED’s they will he fired. Relative or not.

With you on this ... highly doubt we have all the facts.

Been surfing through old bookmarks, stumbled across this in my Tony Rotundo bookmark. Figured it was only right to bring it here & ask you fine folk if you'd mind entertaining the rest of us with, say, a Caption Contest?

19CMWNCAAF23985-X2.jpg

Been surfing through old bookmarks, stumbled across this in my Tony Rotundo bookmark. Figured it was only right to bring it here & ask you fine folk if you'd mind entertaining the rest of us with, say, a Caption Contest?

19CMWNCAAF23985-X2.jpg

Here.......Drink this. You won't have to wrestle first semester.

19CMWNCAAF23985-X2.jpg
Drink this! And stop telling me it tastes funny.

I imagine that a lie from whole cloth wasn't possible, and that the story needed to comport to already known facts.

Putting aside that seemingly all positive drug test excuses strain credulity and involve third parties acting innocently and above board, I have trouble believing that an athlete of Fix's stature was somehow unaware of what he was ingesting.

So bringing in chris perry does what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT