ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Kolov Tourney in Bulgaria

jmadden1998

Jan 26, 2017

Men’s Freestyle​

61kg: Devan Turner

• Rd 16 - 4-0 loss to Stilyan Iliev (BUL)
61kg: Thomas Gilman

• Rd 16 - 6-1 win over Yaroslav Hurskyy (UKR)
  • Quarters - 11-1 loss to Kaise Tanabe (JPN)
61kg: Nathan Tomasello

• Rd 16 - 9-6 loss to Nika Zakashvili (GEO)
79kg: Devin Skatzka

• Prelim - 5-3 win over Otari Adeishvili (GEO)
  • Rd 16 - Forfeit win over Iakub Shikhzhamalov (ROU)
  • Quarters - 10-0 win over Yerkhan Abdazov (KAZ)
  • Semis - 10-2 win over Eugeniu Mihalcean (MDA)
79kg: Michael Kemerer

• Rd 16 - 3-1 win over Isaiah White (USA)
  • Quarters - 11-6 loss to Eugeniu Mihalcean (MDA)
79kg: Isaiah White

• Prelim - 8-1 win over Mihail Georgiev (BUL)
  • Rd 16 - 3-1 loss to Michael Kemerer (USA)

The Gilman match was interesting. Showed how important his power advantage is for him. The Japanese wrestler matched it and then the athleticism and technical advantage became overwhelming. Total ass-kicking.

I think that has interesting implications for a future match with Spencer who is probably the only domestic 57 kg who won't have a strength disadvantage.

Reactions: jmadden1998
The Gilman match was interesting. Showed how important his power advantage is for him. The Japanese wrestler matched it and then the athleticism and technical advantage became overwhelming. Total ass-kicking.

I think that has interesting implications for a future match with Spencer who is probably the only domestic 57 kg who won't have a strength disadvantage.
We saw the same thing in the world finals last year. I didn't see today's match, but I had a feeling the 61kg field wasn't going to be an easy one for Thomas.

To an extent, Fix gave him the same issues right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT