ADVERTISEMENT

Cults

RB-Old

Jan 22, 2020
I logged out to take a look at this forum out of curiosity to see what the countless people I've ignored are saying. To say I'm shocked would be a massive understatement. I don't even want to mention the specifics but it really got me thinking about cults and the lack of morals of the people that lead them. If you're successful at brainwashing people it's bad enough but to keep feeding them more and more insane bullshit is next-level evil. These poor people could just be happily living their lives but for some reason (money) cult leaders purposefully drive them crazy to the point that they commit atrocities and ruin their lives.

It's not everyday but every now and then sane people look at the news and think to themselves "How different would the world be right now if one man who lost an election would have just done what every other election loser did and concede?" Would it really have cost him? Couldn't he have just announced his candidacy and gone back to having racist rallies to sell hats and bilk morons? Did he really have to incite violence when he knew what would happen to the poor fools who were loyal to him?

Look at another cult in America, the NRA. Couldn't they tone down the rhetoric just a tad? They know that nobody is coming for their guns and even if the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines were banned they'd still sell millions of other types of guns. Do they really need to push the "from my cold dead hands" narrative? It gets people killed all the time and they keep doubling down on it. And when it comes to guns it's not just the NRA, it's the GQP as well. What good can possibly come from wearing an AR-15 pin after a school shooting? What if Democrats put on box-cutter pins after 9/11? They'd have been (rightfully) thrown out of congress but the GQP doesn't even blink while their members wear them while outright calling for civil war/secession.

I get it that life is not easy for everybody in America but the solution will never be to scare people and trying to drive them nuts with conspiracy theories. Just this week a certain senator claimed that Democrats are going to make it illegal to drink more than two beers a week. These same people have claimed that Democrats are also going to: take away hamburgers, gas stoves, windows (yes, the former guy said that Biden would make having windows in buildings/houses illegal) and countless other things that no sane person would ever believe. At the end of the day who does this help except the politicians and their donors themselves. Scaring some poor yokel in Oklahoma into buying ten guns and thousands of rounds of ammo isn't good for anybody. That money would be better utilized to pay bills, take vacations, pay for college or basically anything other than doomsday prepping.

I'm sure that there are parties on both sides that realize that keeping Americans divided is good for business but there are plenty of Democrats who as least look to help them along the way. They're also the only party who practices civility, just look at President Biden's comments about McConnell the other day. It's the same with his handling of the situation in Florida, he offered assistance without name calling or insults. Can the cult members not see that civility and compromise are the only way forward and that the lies they're told to keep them mad will never get them anything but more misery?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News