ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball in to PSU for transfer Jalen Kimber, DB from Florida.

the "well-traveled" RS Junior Jalen Kimber.

from the Gator's bio:

2023: Started at cornerback in 11 games and played in all 12… Finished second on the team in pass breakups (5), had 23 tackles (18 solo), a pass breakup and fumble recovery… Made two solo tackles vs. No. 5 Florida State (Nov. 25)... Notched a pass breakup and quarterback hurry with three tackles at No. 9 Missouri (Nov. 18)... Had a pass breakup with five tackles at No. 18 LSU (Nov. 11)... Totaled two solo tackles vs. No. 1 Georgia (Oct. 28)... Registered four solo tackles at South Carolina (Oct. 14)... Broke up two passes and had two solo tackles vs. Vanderbilt (Oct. 7)... Made two solo tackles at Kentucky (Sept. 30)... Assisted on a tackle against Charlotte (Sept. 23)... Had a solo tackle and pass breakup vs. No. 11 Tennessee (Sept. 16)... Started at cornerback in the season opener at No. 14 Utah (Aug. 31) and tallied one assisted tackle.​
Looks like he was a high school All American and went to Georgia. He hit the portal and went to FL. He "committed" to portal to Louisville in December and looks like he may be flipping to PSU.

Great news. Should come right in and start opposite Harris.
I'm not so sure about that. Kimber is similar to Rucci & Fleming in the fact that their ratings as a prospect were higher than their ratings as a transfer. Kimber was a 4* 95 rating as a prospect but fell to a 3* 87 rating as a transfer (per 247).

Much like Grimes who chose MSU. He was a 4* 96 as a prospect but fell to a 3* 87 as a transfer.

I don't know how Fleming, Rucci, or Kimber will perform but they didn't live up to their original recruiting hype at previous schools and they seem to be looking for a school where they have a better chance to emerge.

Regardless, PSU needed CBs and Kimber is likely to see plenty of action. I'm just not convinced that he'll start. We'll see.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that. Kimber is similar to Rucci & Fleming in the fact that their ratings as a prospect were higher than their ratings as a transfer. Kimber was a 4* 95 rating as a prospect but fell to a 3* 87 rating as a transfer (per 247).

Much like Grimes who chose MSU. He was a 4* 96 as a prospect but fell to a 3* 87 as a transfer.

I don't know how Fleming, Rucci, or Kimber will perform but they didn't live up to their original recruiting hype at previous schools and they seem to be looking for a school where they have a better chance to emerge.

Regardless, PSU needed CBs and Kimber is likely to see plenty of action. I'm just not convinced that he'll start. We'll see.
Depth/competition!

His 24/7 profile page, multiple articles, and a personal tweet all have him as having already committed to transferring to Louisville in late December. Am I missing something?

His 24/7 profile page, multiple articles, and a personal tweet all have him as having already committed to transferring to Louisville in late December. Am I missing something?
You’re just not being diligent enough. With current mobility being what it is you have to check hourly to remain current on commitment data.

Yes, that's the 247 profile page I already mentioned. Despite the PSU crystal ball there's a big banner at the top saying he had committed to Louisville, and his timeline says he did so on 12/30. So has he decommitted from Louisville already? I know players flake on verbals all the time but I haven't seen that so much with transfer commitments since there's a shorter window on those as compared to signing LOIs.

Yes, that's the 247 profile page I already mentioned. Despite the PSU crystal ball there's a big banner at the top saying he had committed to Louisville, and his timeline says he did so on 12/30. So has he decommitted from Louisville already? I know players flake on verbals all the time but I haven't seen that so much with transfer commitments since there's a shorter window on those as compared to signing LOIs.
The fact that it simultaneously shows him committed to Louisville while having a current CB to PSU leads me to believe that his services are still in play despite his previous 'commitment".

I am making an assumption that those responsible for making this projection understand the procedure better than I so I'm taking their word that it is doable.

Well the coaches evaluated both Kimber and Grimes and made Kimber the priority. He started or played in 25 games over his career at Florida in the SEC.

You’re just not being diligent enough. With current mobility being what it is you have to check hourly to remain current on commitment data.
Commitment doesn't really mean committed and a 100% lock is not really 100%.

Whole new language and mentality. Someone earlier in the thread said "get used to change"- and I have. I don't pay attention until the guy is on campus and even then we could get "Storm Duck'd".

Not my cup of tea but the way of the world. Chhering for Julian Fleming, who has celebrated beating us 4 times, and some dude whp flips and flops colleges like "dates"at a middle school dance.

Becoming less appealing....

The fact that it simultaneously shows him committed to Louisville while having a current CB to PSU leads me to believe that his services are still in play despite his previous 'commitment".

I am making an assumption that those responsible for making this projection understand the procedure better than I so I'm taking their word that it is doable.
He just enrolled at PSU for a reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT