ADVERTISEMENT

Crocs to close all manufacturing facilities, CFO resigning

all "company owned" manufacturing facilities. In other words, they aren't out of business, just outsourcing their manufacturing in toto.

Locally, Crocs is enjoying a bit of a renaissance as young girls are opting for Crocs or Birkenstocks as their casual fashion of choice. Yes, casual footwear has taken quite a drop.

e31.jpg

all "company owned" manufacturing facilities. In other words, they aren't out of business, just outsourcing their manufacturing in toto.

Locally, Crocs is enjoying a bit of a renaissance as young girls are opting for Crocs or Birkenstocks as their casual fashion of choice. Yes, casual footwear has taken quite a drop.

Pretty sure Ranger Dan just wanted to start another thread. Not really meant to discuss the topic.

LdN

I rented a small condo on vail a few years back. Crocs “stuff” everywhere. Eg rug in kitchen was crocs logo. Told guy that owns it was coming in to fix shower door that was rubbing low. Guy came in. Nice guy. Fixit guy kinda. Helped him adjust the door.

He told me that a friend approached him with the idea. He gave him what he had to spare...30k. Company eventually went public and he had one million shares. Told me he sold around $100 per share

What is that supposed to mean?
Let’s see, Ranger:
  1. You are obtaining advice on salary demands when leaving your current employer for a start up. When people are foolish enough to actually try to help, you consistently ask them to explain their answers in greater detail with a child-like naïveté that makes it clear that you are incapable of being a valued resource in a start up.
  2. You have been asking career advice on this board ad-nauseam forever
  3. You can’t buy a grill, chain saw or even a fu@king knife sharpener without posting a thread about it asking how to go about the task at hand
  4. All the while that you are considering a massive career change, you are binge watching two different TV series on the internet and are posting threads about them on a football message board. Are you on an extended vacation (or extended, unpaid leave)?
Maybe that’s what it’s supposed to mean? Dunno for sure, but that was an attempt at critical thinking rather than asking for more explanation like a daft 2 year old!

Let’s see, Ranger:
  1. You are obtaining advice on salary demands when leaving your current employer for a start up. When people are foolish enough to actually try to help, you consistently ask them to explain their answers in greater detail with a child-like naïveté that makes it clear that you are incapable of being a valued resource in a start up.
  3. You can’t buy a grill, chain saw or even a fu@king knife sharpener without posting a thread about it asking how to go about the task at hand
  4. All the while that you are considering a massive career change, you are binge watching two different TV series on the internet and are posting threads about them on a football message board. Are you on an extended vacation (or extended, unpaid leave)?
Maybe that’s what it’s supposed to mean? Dunno for sure, but that was an attempt at critical thinking rather than asking for more explanation like a daft 2 year old!

"get off my lawn"

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Let’s see, Ranger:
I’m not sure what poster this is who is who is hiding behind an alternate account, but I’m not impressed. I’ve been on this board for 20 years, give or take, and maybe have posted three or four career related questions. What about that makes you dislike me? Is it because I actually have a job, or that I have a decent career with options to consider? As for posts about movies and tv shows, I don’t think I’m an outlier, as there are plenty of posters who do the same... even the “godfather” of this board, Tom McAndrew. That was a reference to the movie Old School, by the way, I don’t recall posting much about chain saws, grills, and don’t ever recall discussing a knife sharpener, but I do comment on and inquire about all kinds of stuff. Again, many posters on this board do the same. I really don’t know why you dislike me, but guess that the real issue is the guy looking back in the mirror.

I brought that company back from its ashes, then I moved on ... I can't stay at and prop up every company in the world forever! Eventually these companies need to learn to walk on their own! :cool:
Does Fabian “Males-only Bud Light Cruise” Fabuloso still work there? Let’s all hope that he isn’t in charge of “domestic manufacturing”. :)

I brought that company back from its ashes, then I moved on ... I can't stay at and prop up every company in the world forever! Eventually these companies need to learn to walk on their own! :cool:

5 years ago you were one of the most regular posters, but now it’s a rarity to see you outside the test board. Was thread view really that important to you?
Also, why the handle change?

5 years ago you were one of the most regular posters, but now it’s a rarity to see you outside the test board. Was thread view really that important to you?

Not sure what you mean by "that important to you." I read that as you're thinking maybe I post less out of protest or something. That absolutely isn't true. If I wanted to protest, I wouldn't post at all. With that said, I honestly don't find this format as engaging as thread view. Furthermore -- and this is related to my last comment -- I don't have time to click on each topic to see if any conversations are evolving to where I might want to jump in, so when I swing by the board, I basically just scan to see if there are any new threads where the title interests me. If not, I go back to what I was doing in life. Five years ago, with thread view, you could drop in on the forum, and with a quick scan you could see the latest twists and turns of each sub-conversation, so the likelihood of spotting a conversation of interest was just much more likely.

That's all.

I've been a member at 247 since shortly after it started up, and I never really have gotten that active on the message boards for the same reason.

This isn't a problem on the test board, because I'm basically just there to troll. Lol

Also, why the handle change?

Just aligning my internet/social handles. I'm BoulderFish on all of the others, so I started posting under the same handle here.

How are you doing, my friend?

Not sure what you mean by "that important to you." I read that as you're thinking maybe I post less out of protest or something. That absolutely isn't true. If I wanted to protest, I wouldn't post at all. With that said, I honestly don't find this format as engaging as thread view. Furthermore -- and this is related to my last comment -- I don't have time to click on each topic to see if any conversations are evolving to where I might want to jump in, so when I swing by the board, I basically just scan to see if there are any new threads where the title interests me. If not, I go back to what I was doing in life. Five years ago, with thread view, you could drop in on the forum, and with a quick scan you could see the latest twists and turns of each sub-conversation, so the likelihood of spotting a conversation of interest was just much more likely.

That's all.

I've been a member at 247 since shortly after it started up, and I never really have gotten that active on the message boards for the same reason.

This isn't a problem on the test board, because I'm basically just there to troll. Lol

Just aligning my internet/social handles. I'm BoulderFish on all of the others, so I started posting under the same handle here.

How are you doing, my friend?

By “important to you” I didn’t mean protest, just that it impacted the frequency of your posting, which it did according to your explanation. I do miss the subject line one-liners of a thread view. It’s a shame that’s the case, who else on this board would provide us both video of (1) a timed 40, and (2) voting.

Doing well, thanks for asking. Heading to White Deer in about a month to play a couple rounds with my brother before the Kent State game. Hope all is well, happy trolling.

By “important to you” I didn’t mean protest, just that it impacted the frequency of your posting, which it did according to your explanation. I do miss the subject line one-liners of a thread view. It’s a shame that’s the case, who else on this board would provide us both video of (1) a timed 40, and (2) voting.

Haha -- Yeah, good times. On one hand, I miss participating more on the board, but on the other hand, life is crazy right now and so it's probably better that it's lessened as a distraction.

Doing well, thanks for asking. Heading to White Deer in about a month to play a couple rounds with my brother before the Kent State game. Hope all is well, happy trolling.

Nice. I'm jealous.

I'm starting down the home stretch of a MAJOR renovation to my house (demo'd the roof, added a second level, and renovating about 2/3 of the existing space). As soon as this is complete, two of my resolutions are to 1) Start playing golf again; and 2) Get home to visit my parents more often.

Do you still have family in Lewistown, and still get there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT