ADVERTISEMENT

Cool day at Work today

lionsnphils

Sep 20, 2008
I am an elementary principal. Today our staff and students gave me an early boss's day gift. We had an assembly scheduled. I spoke as part of the assembly and then a teacher brought me a chair and asked me to sit down. She then referenced filling someones bucket and the school was going to fill my bucket. I was given a PSU bucket and a student from each class read a note that said something nice and put it in the bucket. The last student "struggled" to read her note and asked me to help her read it. It was from the staff saying some nice things and said there was a gift. It was a YETi mug with PSU logo and my name on it with two PSU-MSU tix inside. I was speechless with sweaty eyes.
I feel I am truly blessed with the most awesome staff and students possible.
When i thanked them I quoted JVP. Many our students face very challenging situations. I explained to them the meaning of the banner in our school office that says " Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things".

great story all-around. First, I commend you for being a role model, and doing something to help younger generations -- especially ones that "face very challenging situations." Second, what a nice move by the staff at your school. Third, kudos to CJF and staff, as well as PSU, for being a part of the celebration. Fourth, what a great quote to put in the office of your school. Lastly, congratulations on quoting JVP while thanking the assembly.

Keep up the great work, and here's hoping you have a great time at the MSU game!

I am an elementary principal. Today our staff and students gave me an early boss's day gift. We had an assembly scheduled. I spoke as part of the assembly and then a teacher brought me a chair and asked me to sit down. She then referenced filling someones bucket and the school was going to fill my bucket. I was given a PSU bucket and a student from each class read a note that said something nice and put it in the bucket. The last student "struggled" to read her note and asked me to help her read it. It was from the staff saying some nice things and said there was a gift. It was a YETi mug with PSU logo and my name on it with two PSU-MSU tix inside. I was speechless with sweaty eyes.
When i thanked them I quoted JVP. Many our students face very challenging situations. I explained to them the meaning of the banner in our school office that says " Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things".
Thanks for sharing, and, for your contribution to the development of young people. Your posting history is indicative of a frequent visitor and occasional poster. Please don’t be shy with your posts in the future. We most certainly want a recap of your day at the MSU game.

Great story! Thanks for sharing! It's inspiring that you have the opportunity, every day, to make a child's life better. Sounds like they have wonderful role models at your school - enjoy the game!

Reactions: LionJim
Zig- I've been on the site for about 2 decades, back when it was hosted by Plotit( or something like this). We would get e-mails stating that there were updates. I remember posting during the Rashard Casey days.
Ive had a coup,e handles-got new computers and didnt remember login/passwords etc. so i got new handle. PSU 81 was from my hometown, NittanyBill was my baseball coach. So, ive been reading for a long time. Used to post, but some people dont get sarcasm and started calling names. I just decided to stop posting. Now i just smile when reading some of the catfights on here

That's awesome, thank you for sharing. I have little doubt this would've occurred if you weren't the type of person who earned it, so thank you for being such a great representative of our school, but more importantly, thank you for being a positive influence on so many young lives. You make people like me feel small for what little we do for our community, but you should be proud of that.

Zig- I've been on the site for about 2 decades, back when it was hosted by Plotit( or something like this). We would get e-mails stating that there were updates. I remember posting during the Rashard Casey days.
Ive had a coup,e handles-got new computers and didnt remember login/passwords etc. so i got new handle. PSU 81 was from my hometown, NittanyBill was my baseball coach. So, ive been reading for a long time. Used to post, but some people dont get sarcasm and started calling names. I just decided to stop posting. Now i just smile when reading some of the catfights on here
I understand about the name calling, and your aversion to it. I cannot claim that I am above it all, yet, mostly I try to engage in enjoyable intellectual/irreverent discourse. I also can confirm that some sniveling, whining maggot(s) have actually used their relationship(s) with moderator(s) to prevent me from replying to their posts just for disagreeing with them.

I mostly enjoy the irreverent aspect of this board but some politically correct dickheads have made it a challenge to remain engaged. SORRY! Enjoy your very well earned weekend at the MSU game.

Congrats. You've got a tough job (this coming from a dad of a 12 year old). It's nice that people appreciate the job you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT