ADVERTISEMENT

concussion protocol during game - UM approach

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
Peters was hammered by Wisky player and has to leave. he had what looked like a very short check up and missed only one play. i have seen this a couple times with UM since Harbaugh has been there. it was my understanding that there was a fairly thorough check up that needed to occur usually under the tent. not following the correct protocol with Shane Morris was one of the reasons that Brady Hoke was fired. does Harbaugh have different criteria of handling players with potential for concussion?

UM players don’t have much brain matter to begin with, so it really isn’t that important because they don’t have much to save anyway.

Reactions: nittany dave
Peters was hammered by Wisky player and has to leave. he had what looked like a very short check up and missed only one play. i have seen this a couple times with UM since Harbaugh has been there. it was my understanding that there was a fairly thorough check up that needed to occur usually under the tent. not following the correct protocol with Shane Morris was one of the reasons that Brady Hoke was fired. does Harbaugh have different criteria of handling players with potential for concussion?
"How many fingers am I holding up"? Hey, that's how they did it back in Jimmah's day and he does everything else like they did back in the day. I bet he doesn't give water breaks during summer workouts either.

"How many fingers am I holding up"? Hey, that's how they did it back in Jimmah's day and he does everything else like they did back in the day. I bet he doesn't give water breaks during summer workouts either.
As long as the finger count is correct +/- 10, you are good to go with Hairball.

Reactions: nittany dave

Do you really think the shane morris situation had anything to do with why hoke was fired? I don't. The simple fact is that hoke didn't win nearly enough given the talent he recruited. He didn't beat Tosu. I doubt it, but behind the scenes, the gibbons/lewan fiasco might have also have been a factor.

Do you really think the shane morris situation had anything to do with why hoke was fired? I don't. The simple fact is that hoke didn't win nearly enough given the talent he recruited. He didn't beat Tosu. I doubt it, but behind the scenes, the gibbons/lewan fiasco might have also have been a factor.
I wonder if the catalyst was a compound event or a strange mixture? Whatever the matter, the reaction to the solution was highly combustible and all the elements led to the end point.

i just remember the Shane Morris incident being blown up like it was a scandal, and that it was proof that Brady did not care about his players - only winning at all costs.

i just remember the Shane Morris incident being blown up like it was a scandal, and that it was proof that Brady did not care about his players - only winning at all costs.

It didn't go over well at the time, but it didn't linger. michigan lost that game and too many others.

You may be right. I just am doubtful that it was a major factor.

I wonder if the catalyst was a compound event or a strange mixture? Whatever the matter, the reaction to the solution was highly combustible and all the elements led to the end point.
Why aren't you out in the elements tailgaiting? It must be nice to don your fowl:)-weather gear 15 minutes before kick-off and not miss a play.

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT