ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting COMMITMENT: 2025 four-star QB Bekkem Kritza commits to Penn State

What am I missing on that graphic? I assume that the 44th best player in the state of Colorado for that cycle isn’t actually a 4 star.

Is one of them in PA?

I've seen CA on his info as well. He's visited us 3-4 times. Pitt once. Offers from A&M and Washington.
Born in Arizona and family moved to Colorado when he was in fifth grade, spent freshmen year in Colorado, sophomore year in California and junior year (this season) started in Florida but moved back to Colorado in late September.

Born in Arizona and family moved to Colorado when he was in fifth grade, spent freshmen year in Colorado, sophomore year in California and junior year (this season) started in Florida but moved back to Colorado in late September.
If he moved to Colorado in September, how did he play in Florida this season? That’s a long commute

He talked of thinking very highly of and trusting Franklin. Good to see / read.

Seems like a good fit for Chip Kelly’s offense.

Reactions: NedFromYork
He talked of thinking very highly of and trusting Franklin. Good to see / read.

Seems like a good fit for Chip Kelly’s offense.
Chip is going to be fired this week. Multiple articles mention him as the number one player in the state of Colorado. He did put up over 3500 yards as a freshman starter and brother is a top 2027 DE.

Last edited:
Can he take off and run? Didn’t see any of that in the highlight clip I watched.

Franklin can't seem to find an OC that can read his mind and run the offense as he did when he was an OC earlier in his career. Seems the final solution to this turnstyle position is for Franklin to be the OC along with being head coach. Franklin seems to make the biggest bogus call anyway, such as going for 4th and 7, going for 2 in the first half,...... I believe there are 1 or more other college teams that have that setup.

Lots of positives to this setup including:
- positive to the staff as the $1.5-2.0 million saved could be used to keep Diaz and other top coaches now on the staff.
- positive to the fans as Franklin would have to really take responsibility for the the performance of the offense and if continues to flounder maybe, just maybe Franklin would get replaced.

I don't understand this commit or the timing of this commit all things considered
why? The kid is smart to commit to a school and a culture he likes. UM will probably have a new HC next year. And if tOSU loses to UM, they may very well have a new HC next year as well. Ta&m will have a new HC and if the rumors are true, Colorado may as well. Also Boise State. USC. And that is just the HCs, we haven't even begun to talk about all of the O/D Cs that will be playing musical chairs in a couple of months. Plus, the term "commit" is no longer accurate. If he balls out his senior year, he can decommit and go play for somebody else.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
What am I missing on that graphic? I assume that the 44th best player in the state of Colorado for that cycle isn’t actually a 4 star.

I think the brother comment is his friend, TK Cunningham (our current commitment, TA, his brother is a teammate of Kritza). But maybe there is another brother and I missed it.
Yes I misread that…

Am I the only one that sees this commitment as "saving a spot"? I don't expect him to ever end up on campus unless better offers don't come along.

Are we happy about this? I cannot tell from some of the comments. I certainly am ecstatic!!

Am I the only one that sees this commitment as "saving a spot"? I don't expect him to ever end up on campus unless better offers don't come along.

The recruiting people seem to be in "we took him? Ok..." mode considering 3 of the other 4 we a) seem to want and b) are higher rated are still on the board. That's my read. Nothing I've seen public.

That said, it's also believed this is a 2 QB class.

And a third: strange for a QB to verbal when his future OC and QB coach gets axed the same weekend you just visited.

Reactions: LandoComando
The recruiting people seem to be in "we took him? Ok..." mode considering 3 of the other 4 we a) seem to want and b) are higher rated are still on the board. That's my read. Nothing I've seen public.

That said, it's also believed this is a 2 QB class.

And a third: strange for a QB to verbal when his future OC and QB coach gets axed the same weekend you just visited.
I think he's smart. He's in the 2025 class so expects to be on the team from what, 2025 to 2029?

How many power 5 colleges do you think will have the same OC and/or QB coach by 2029?

Reactions: lazydave841
I think he's smart. He's in the 2025 class so expects to be on the team from what, 2025 to 2029?

How many power 5 colleges do you think will have the same OC and/or QB coach by 2029?

Very good point. And with the portal, nobody is stuck or forced to sit out a year anymore.

Grunk 100% sticking with us as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeParulz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT