ADVERTISEMENT

Commentator: "Joe Paterno 'lynched' over Sandusky silence, but not Weinstein friends"

So true. Unfortunately, but can’t believe it’s simply conservative vs. liberal but wouldn’t be shocked. The Sandusky Scandel still is so perplexing since so much of it now seems like fake news. But why? That will probably never be answered. And by whom?

Reactions: RussianEagle
I only watched this once last night, but if I recall correctly he said that JVP "was supposedly silent" or something like that. The guy obviously knows the depravity of the media so I wouldn't count him as a hater at this point.

Reactions: 91Joe95
At least Weinstein preyed on adults. The interesting question is whether Hollywood will turn on the child predators they have thus far protected. Merv griffin liked barely legal boys. How deep will Hollywood go?
There have been rumors for years about Pedos in Hollywood who prey on young actors - Corey Feldman has alluded to it for years and stated that it was a major reason for the drug problem his friend Corey Haim had and was a contributing factor in his death - he has been afraid to name names due to the power and influence these people have - Hollywood is full of hypocrites.

Reactions: Grass and WeR0206
There have been rumors for years about Pedos in Hollywood who prey on young actors - Corey Feldman has alluded to it for years and stated that it was a major reason for the drug problem his friend Corey Haim had and was a contributing factor in his death - he has been afraid to name names due to the power and influence these people have - Hollywood is full of hypocrites.
Corey Feldman is a coward who STILL refuses to come out. Although Rose McGowan took hush money and was scared and terrified to speak for years, at LEAST she had the courage to come out and speak the name. Cannot say the same for Corey.

Joe wasn't silent. He reported the incident to higher ups at the university who are responsible for dealing with such issues.

Did any of these Hollywood types report what they knew to the Academy or to the BOT at Weinstein's company?

Plante is actually pushing the media bs further and some dummies here are applauding him. Unfortunately, reading and listening comprehension are rare skils.

Reactions: Phil's Rug
Corey Feldman is a coward who STILL refuses to come out. Although Rose McGowan took hush money and was scared and terrified to speak for years, at LEAST she had the courage to come out and speak the name. Cannot say the same for Corey.
Oh, by the way, Feldman doesn't have the balls to say it, but the name is David Geffen.

Oh, by the way, Feldman doesn't have the balls to say it, but the name is David Geffen.

She also supposedly told Amazon founder Jeff Bezos about Weinstein concerning a TV show/film deal and he said, 'where's the proof?' SMH.

Hell, Bruce Willis' name is in the damn court docket in a related law suit, spelled out right there in black and white, he bought over 5,000,000 dollars worth of presents for Zac Efron BEFORE Efron was of legal age.

Swept under the rug.

The dirty little not so secret of our time is that the Rule of Law and ordinary standards of decency no longer apply to and are not enforced for those with the right kind of power, wealth, and connections – particularly if they hold politically correct viewpoints on various hot-button issues. Weinstein was protected for decades. He’s being thrown under the bus now only because the Powers That Be have been left with no choice.
Being "thrown under the bus" implies you don't deserve the blame. Weinstein deserves what he is getting and so shouldn't be characterized as being thrown under the bus. JoePa was thrown under the bus.

The MSM does not find it interesting to follow news stories on people on "their side," no matter how disgusting.

Joe Paterno was not only Not part of the liberal elite, he was a traditional guy who preached values, standards, and responsibility - all things they hate - so he was gleefully taken down despite a lack of any evidence.
20294404_10155608225889283_6384084521295050958_n.jpg

Plante is actually pushing the media bs further and some dummies here are applauding him. Unfortunately, reading and listening comprehension are rare skils.
I believe Plante went on to say that because Joe was a Republican/Conservative with deep ties to Reagan/Bush Sr., that the Liberal media was the one that CRUSHED Joe!

Back in 2011 Plante was very fair to Joe and PSU. As I recall, no condemnation, just a let's wait and see what the truth is. I seem to recall that he was as fair as anybody I saw/heard in media. For those that don't know he has a radio show on WMAL in DC.

I only watched this once last night, but if I recall correctly he said that JVP "was supposedly silent" or something like that. The guy obviously knows the depravity of the media so I wouldn't count him as a hater at this point.

Kind of like Sara Ganim accusing JoePa of a "mountain of denial" when Joe was, of the at least 12 & possibly nearly 20 people who knew of the 2001 shower incident in its immediate aftermath, the only one to even remotely support McQueary's testimony.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
S
At least Weinstein preyed on adults. The interesting question is whether Hollywood will turn on the child predators they have thus far protected. Merv griffin liked barely legal boys. How deep will Hollywood go?

You should have said, "So far, it appears that Weinstein only preyed on adults"

Do you honestly believe a creep as depraved & sick as Weinstein would care if a girl were 18 (and adult), or 16-17 (a minor). I do not. Personally, I believe it's just a matter of time before we hear a female claim that Weinstein preyed upon her when she was just 16 or 17.

I was listening to a radio show the other day and they addressed this very topic. The guest was a "hollywood insider". His prediction was that within the next 1-2 weeks we will hear of claims about minors.

The media does seem to look away from scandals involving underage boys, as long as the perpetrator is openly gay and not a religious leader (i.e. Bryan Signer, Harvey Milk) The absolute freak out over Jerry Sandusky and subsequent condemnation of Joe Paterno was the result of Sandusky appearing to be a heterosexual guy and the 10-year old boy in the shower myth caused by Eshbach's fraudulent grand jury report.

Reactions: denniskembala
S

Do you honestly believe a creep as depraved & sick as Weinstein would care if a girl were 18 (and adult), or 16-17 (a minor). I do not. Personally, I believe it's just a matter of time before we hear a female claim that Weinstein preyed upon her when she was just 16 or 17.

I was listening to a radio show the other day and they addressed this very topic. The guest was a "hollywood insider". His prediction was that within the next 1-2 weeks we will hear of claims about minors.

He allegedly propositioned a 17 year old Kate Beckinsale who got away by saying she ‘had to go to school’ The next day.

Sadly, not sure what difference it will make. Roman Polanski raped an underage girl and gets applauded by Hollywood every other year or so. The guy is a good director, but what difference does that make? Sandusky was a nifty DC, but wrong is wrong. Weinstein will still get his Lifetime Achievement Award someday when the dust settles.... :(

Last edited:
The media does seem to look away from scandals involving underage boys, as long as the perpetrator is openly gay and not a religious leader (i.e. Bryan Signer, Harvey Milk) The absolute freak out over Jerry Sandusky and subsequent condemnation of Joe Paterno was the result of Sandusky appearing to be a heterosexual guy and the 10-year old boy in the shower myth caused by Eshbach's fraudulent grand jury report.
Neil Rogers was a Miami radio icon. Openly gay. Late in his career he would do shows from Amsterdam (where he would live for a few months) and brag about the boys he would be with. No one batted an eye.

S

Agree. But so far they are all over 18.

Sadly, not sure what difference it will make. Roman Polanski raped an underage girl and gets applauded by Hollywood every other year or so. The guy is a good director, but what difference does that make? Sandusky was a nifty DC, but wrong is wrong. Weinstein will still get his Lifetime Achievement Award someday when the dust settles.... :(

Per Gwenneth Paltrow, she was assaulted by Harvey but then THANKS Harvey FiRST in her Oscar award speech the next year. With shiite so fluid and confusing as these types of situations, how can anyone blame Joe for Jerry’s shiite. Joe actually called his boss and the campus police about what he heard sketchily from mcqueary

Per Gwenneth Paltrow, she was assaulted by Harvey but then THANKS Harvey FiRST in her Oscar award speech the next year. With shiite so fluid and confusing as these types of situations, how can anyone blame Joe for Jerry’s shiite. Joe actually called his boss and the campus police about what he heard sketchily from mcqueary
She was a "Harvey girl" and everyone knows it. The same with Jennifer Lawrence.

They have to claim something other than the truth because everyone knows about their connection to him.

I have no doubt he assaulted plenty of women. That said, a whole lot of them did things happily to become stars.

Reactions: kevina001
I like that Plante is trying to make the analogy, but believe he is incorrect for a couple reasons:

1. Like others mentioned above. Joe DID report it. If Plante had taken 2 seconds to research the court documents (those testimonies done under OATH... not the BS stories in the Freeh Report that had no subpoena power). He would have seen that MM admitted under oath that Joe did have him report his story up to Schultz and Curly. I believe MM stated under oath that Joe set up a meeting for him with Curly and Schultz and then advised MM to tell them exactly what he told him. That is not exactly the same as keeping it quite and trying to hush it like these hollywood mimbos and bimbos.

2. It COULD be a "republican" thing, but I do not believe so, I think it was more about the self preservation of power & wealth. I believe there were some very powerful and very wealthy people involved who did not want JS coming back to them. You had wealthy business owners, political leaders, CEOs, leaders of industry .... and these people basically put the wheels in motion to mis-direct the simple minds of the morons in the media to focus on Paterno. They knew that if they offered up Paterno that he was a sensational angle that would generate ratings, magazine sales, and Internet clicks. Plus, it would take any attention away from them.

Problem is that was not the media narrative the media wanted to spin (or was directed to spin). I have a theory that 90% of the American public are too stupid and/or too busy to really investigate news and think on their own. These 90% simply get their ideas formulated by what they are told by the television and the news media. If the news media were given the directive to paint Joe as a "hero" for informing his boss, for setting up a meeting for MM with the AD and Head of Campus Security and then advising MM to tell these guys exactly what he thought he saw/heard.... then 90% of the American people would be living with the narrative that Joe was a hero. Instead, they decided to paint the opposite narrative.

Problem is that was not the media narrative the media wanted to spin (or was directed to spin). I have a theory that 90% of the American public are too stupid and/or too busy to really investigate news and think on their own. These 90% simply get their ideas formulated by what they are told by the television and the news media. If the news media were given the directive to paint Joe as a "hero" for informing his boss, for setting up a meeting for MM with the AD and Head of Campus Security and then advising MM to tell these guys exactly what he thought he saw/heard.... then 90% of the American people would be living with the narrative that Joe was a hero. Instead, they decided to paint the opposite narrative.

The PSU BOT gave the media their narrative. They fired Joe with a late night phone call, without allowing him to tell his side of the story, and without the benefit of any kind of investigation. Who would do that to an employee after 61 years of service if they didn't know he was 100% guilty?

Reactions: Mixolydian
The PSU BOT gave the media their narrative. They fired Joe with a late night phone call, without allowing him to tell his side of the story, and without the benefit of any kind of investigation. Who would do that to an employee after 61 years of service if they didn't know he was 100% guilty?

Anyone who is afraid of having their life destroyed by being called "pedophile enablers", that's who.

The BOT's behavior is despicable (especially for "corporate leaders"), but understandable.

Reactions: Mixolydian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT