ADVERTISEMENT

College GameDay thread

OSU%20Pepperspray%20text.0.jpg

sprays_self_in_the_face_with_mace-300x165.gif

Jesus christ....i just turned on game day, and within 30 seconds I hear about Paterno getting fired, and the Sandusky atrocities

Reactions: JJTopp99
Jesus christ....i just turned on game day, and within 30 seconds I hear about Paterno getting fired, and the Sandusky atrocities

Rece is going to explain "We Are", and then immediately starts to rehash Sandusky "atrocities"..... He couldn't explain his rear end out of a bathroom. This is why I was less than enthusiastic about any ESPN presence on campus.

Last edited:
I’ve been catching bits of it on my phone while my son is at hockey practice. I must have missed that part. Why did Davis take over for Fowler anyway?

Explanation of Wally Triplett's experience, the Miami game cancellation, the Cotton Bowl vs SMU with Penn State's team decisions to all play as a team, the origin of the WE ARE PENN STATE chant and the WE ARE statue, were very good.

From Wiki -

Along with Dennie Hoggard, Triplett was one of the first African-Americans to take the field in a varsity football game for Penn State. During the 1946 season, Penn State's Nittany Lions team voted to cancel a regular-season game at the University of Miami, rather than compromise by not bringing their black players. (Miami, like other southern schools at the time, refused to compete against integrated schools unless they left their black players at home.)[2]

In 1948, Triplett became the first African-American to play in the Cotton Bowl Classic, catching the tying touchdown in Penn State's 13-13 tie with Southern Methodist University.[3] It has been suggested Penn State's now-famous "We Are Penn State!" stadium cheer has its origins in SMU's request for a meeting to protest the participation of Penn State's two black players (Triplett and Hoggard). Team captain Steve Suhey was said to have responded, "We are Penn State. There will be no meetings."[citation needed]

Triplett also co-founded the Gamma Nu chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha while at Penn State.[3] Triplett returned to Penn State on November 11, 2015 to meet with Coach James Franklin and the team after their bye-week scrimmage.[citation needed]

Reese ended the piece saying he bets you'll think differently about Penn State from now on when you here that We Are chant. Very positive piece IMO
Just saw Creamery shot on GD with different flavors. It seems the peach flavor is now called “Peachy Pollack”. Was Peachy Paterno replaced/vanquished? Can anyone confirm??
WTH??

Just saw Creamery shot on GD with different flavors. It seems the peach flavor is now called “Peachy Pollack”. Was Peachy Paterno replaced/vanquished? Can anyone confirm??
WTH??

It was Peachy Paterno over the indiana game weekend. It is still Peachy Paterno on the Creamery web site.

WTH??

It is still Peachy Paterno. All the names on the glass doors had to do with Gameday. One flavor was named differently for Desmond, one for Kirk, etc.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT