ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Urbas . . .

jmppsu424

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2008
Any idea where this State College 195 lb. wrestler is headed?

From Penn Live:

"The match set up to allow a showdown at 195 pounds between State College’s Cole Urbas, who is ranked No. 1 in the state and 4 in the country, and Donovon Ball, a fifth-place state medalist ranked No. 5 in the state by PA Power Wrestling.

Urbas stormed his way to a 15-2 major decision with a series of impressive takedowns and a first-period tilt for three nearfall points. It was a dominant showing for Urbas, who has his sights set on the top of the state podium after finishing second and third in his past two PIAA tournaments. The win over Ball showed just how close he might be to that goal.

“It’s not often that I encounter a tough, respectable opponent like Donovon,” Urbas said. “Of course, I respect all my competitors, but he has a lot of experience and I’m honored that Cedar Cliff was kind enough to have us down here for this dual meet and get some good matches in.”

Urbas’ package of speed, power and length at 6-foot-4 was even better than advertised and revealed plenty of small issues for Ball to smooth out between now and the state championships.

That was the point of seeking out the matchup with one of the nation’s best in the first place.

“He’s very good,” Ball said. “There’s definitely a lot of stuff I need to work on. That’s why we wanted to see that matchup, to see what little things I need to improve on. You can’t just fix it all in one day. So the next few weeks, when we get that individual time at practice, I’ll work on things here and there."

Reactions: danoftw
Flo and Intermat both show Urbas as committed to Penn. And, to be clear, both Flo and Intermat rank Urbas as #4 in the 195 lb weight class (vice P4P).

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT