ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching staff

I’ve been surprised there haven’t been more critics of Trautwein. OL has performed poorly under him. There has to be more questions about either scheme or coaching of the OL. Regarding scheme, I’ve been disappointed with Yurcich. The offense had NO rhythm or flow to it. Did Ciarocca underperform that badly or did JF just prefer Yurcich? Either way it hasn’t worked out. And on defense, that was a very disappointing performance by our Dline and LBs. Concern with Dline again after today ….. visions of the Illinois and Arkansas games last year. Not sure what the answer is to that …. good DTs are tough to get.

Reactions: psu00 and jham65
Defense was whooped at halftime after being on the field for 24 minutes in the first half! Offense is putrid and Yurcich is over rated. Has never shown any creativity at PSU. Never.

Someone posted several months back, "the only common denominator is Franklin". That post was spot on. Stop blaming the coordinators. Franklin's had 7 or 8 now between OC and DC and it's the same crap. It's plain as day, particularly on offense, that hi fingerprints are all over what's going on. Stop blaming coordinators and make CJF accountable!!!!! He's gotta go!! He can get us to 8-4 or 9-3, but that's it.

You guys have too much talent to be just another program. I do not mean to be rude but a talented team with an elite coach plays this Michigan team to the wire. Their offense is very traditional and bland
Yep, if you look at Michigan's previous B1G games, they had a far tougher time against Maryland, Indy and Iowa, PSU will have a very hard time against Maryland and Minnesota

Reactions: psu00 and WV Bruno
Someone posted several months back, "the only common denominator is Franklin". That post was spot on. Stop blaming the coordinators. Franklin's had 7 or 8 now between OC and DC and it's the same crap. It's plain as day, particularly on offense, that hi fingerprints are all over what's going on. Stop blaming coordinators and make CJF accountable!!!!! He's gotta go!! He can get us to 8-4 or 9-3, but that's it.
What is his actual buy out clause?

You guys have too much talent to be just another program. I do not mean to be rude but a talented team with an elite coach plays this Michigan team to the wire. Their offense is very traditional and bland
I would kill for traditional and bland. They push people around and have great runners. Talent plus mediocre coaching with soft finesse football makes you just another program. We have been for decades

Reactions: WV Bruno
This ^^
4 OCs
3 OL coaches
2 strength coaches

still can’t run the ball

1 common denominator

Franklin

Reactions: Nittany18 and psu00
Real simple - the way to beat UM is to have an offense to get up on them one or two scores and take them out of their running game. PSU doesn't have the offense to do that - obviously

The nature of Franklin's current contract goes back to when the school hired a university president to run cover for a corrupt BOT. It started there. After that it became precedent to hire on the basis of who provided comfort and protection from criticism. Performance would be way down on the list.

The school was willing to pay BIG for this new type of value system. Now they can find fans and boosters who agree with it. Good luck to them.

Forget about OSU and MI and top 10 teams, Franklin is 3-5 against Michigan State and 11-17 against top-25 teams. Enough said. I predict they finish this year 7-5 or 6-6.

Reactions: rrdd2021
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT