ADVERTISEMENT

Coach hires are a crap shoot...turns out CJF is a three pointer from half court!

emrtmakesshiteup

Oct 17, 2012
Exceptions are hiring a name brand, e.g. lien urby! One could be a great interviewee but not so much a coach. Yeh, CJF had a decent stint in the SEC but perhaps Vandy's drastic improvement correlated with some down years for other teams. Having said that, CJF success starts with the fact that he is a GREAT CEO. I mean the guy has a pulse for the PSU administration, the AD, the fans, the legacy, etc. Always says the correct thing. I can't say the players love him but, I am reasonably sure they don't hate him. I especially like how he hugs them after big plays. I rented a house with four players and I will tell you, they obsessively hated Joe, who obviously was a great coach. I guess that part has zero bearing on success other than possibly recruiting. Last but not least, holy moly, check out his record since he's been here!

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Exceptions are hiring a name brand, e.g. lien urby! One could be a great interviewee but not so much a coach. Yeh, CJF had a decent stint in the SEC but perhaps Vandy's drastic improvement correlated with some down years for other teams. Having said that, CJF success starts with the fact that he is a GREAT CEO. I mean the guy has a pulse for the PSU administration, the AD, the fans, the legacy, etc. Always says the correct thing. I can't say the players love him but, I am reasonably sure they don't hate him. I especially like how he hugs them after big plays. I rented a house with four players and I will tell you, they obsessively hated Joe, who obviously was a great coach. I guess that part has zero bearing on success other than possibly recruiting. Last but not least, holy moly, check out his record since he's been here!
I think that's right....all of the saviors over the years (herman, harbaugh, and while it's early, scott frost) have not lived up to expectations. Off the possible candidates (obviously saban, meyer, and swinney were not realistic candidates), hard to think we could have gotten a better coach.

I think you statement would come off better as an 'if-then' statement
Because I am not sure hiring a coach is a crap shoot

Hiring a head coach is a big risk, look at what happened to the once great programs of FSU, Florida, and Texas due to poor hires.
And look at Michigan, with the millions they gave Harbaugh he has not performed up to expectations.
Franklin has more than exceeded expectations. They hit a home run when they hired him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT