ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Keen Vs. Reba, Brooks & Dunn, NFR

Idahopennstatefan

Feb 21, 2018
So my wife and a friends wife conspired to get their stuck in the mud husbands out of the office. The girls bought tickets to a Reba-Brooks & Dunn concert for the 6th and tickets to the NFR on the 7th in Las Vegas. I then realized it is the same week as Cliff Keen Invite. Will be within walking distance of the CK-Invite. At least Penn State isn't there.... Currently weighing the consequences of watching wrestling alone instead of concerts and rodeo with my wife. :p

Damn, I am going to miss her. :eek:

If its an outdoor concert, I would be looking for ANY excuse to get out of it.

Plan C would include doing CKLV during the day, and concert later (assuming concert is in the evening)

Plan D would include at least 2 roofies (3 if your co-worker doesnt like wrestling)

If its an outdoor concert, I would be looking for ANY excuse to get out of it.

Plan C would include doing CKLV during the day, and concert later (assuming concert is in the evening)

Plan D would include at least 2 roofies (3 if your co-worker doesnt like wrestling)
Lol

Must ... resist ... obvious jokes ...
Jefe is master of his domain!
I do not have that kind of will power.;)
Eerie is:
giphy.gif

So my wife and a friends wife conspired to get their stuck in the mud husbands out of the office. The girls bought tickets to a Reba-Brooks & Dunn concert for the 6th and tickets to the NFR on the 7th in Las Vegas. I then realized it is the same week as Cliff Keen Invite. Will be within walking distance of the CK-Invite. At least Penn State isn't there.... Currently weighing the consequences of watching wrestling alone instead of concerts and rodeo with my wife. :p

So...the "stuck-in-the-mud husbands" reference is yours, right? I'd go with my wife to the concert, and watch the wrestling later on Flo.

Am I the only one that would do that?

Two of my sons' birthdays fall around the holidays. In December 2006/January 2007, one of them decided they wanted to take a bunch of friends to the movies for their birthday. When we arrived at the theater, the boys decided to see something that I had zero interest in. I shuffled in behind them, waited until they, and Mrspa, were settled into their seats, and promptly turned around, and went to see Rocky 6 in an adjacent theater, leaving Mrspa to kid duty.

She still brings that up from time to time. I suggest you stick with MrsIdaho.

All funny stuff aside: been to all of them. NFR is a beer drinking good time. An audience which is loaded with eye candy and a far cry from the sausage party at CKLV. Win for NFR

Reba....meh...but Brooks and Dunn? Multiple time entertainers of the year. Go.

flo the wrestling later....there is a CKLV next year.

So...the "stuck-in-the-mud husbands" reference is yours, right? I'd go with my wife to the concert, and watch the wrestling later on Flo.

Am I the only one that would do that?
I like Reba and Brooks and Dunn so the concert would be fine. I like my wife happy, so I am going to whatever she wants to do. Because I can't help myself I am probably sneaking as much from phone as possible.

I would go with my wife but she would let me off the hook and send me to CKLV to watch wrestling instead. If you asked her if this is true, she would respond...

Well it's like this. If you have any brain cells at all, spend time with your wife. I can hear the comments now. Well, I went out of my way to plan a concert and the biggest rodeo in the world for my husband and he actually blew me off for a wrestling tournament. This is a no brainer.

Hope your wife is sleeping and you are watching some warm ups. Getting up early to watch wrestling in vegas is hard but can be done. :)

So I caught a few early rounds of CKLV while Sleeping Beauty was sleeping. Hit the Rodeo and Concert, fountains and such. Tour of Hoover dam complete with standing where Clark Griswald was on the face of the dam in LV Vacation. Listened to Penn dual on the drive home. Perfect weekend.... Except for getting lost and the backside of the strip. Country boy got more education that he wanted. :eek: Best sign of the night, "Adult Toys Rental" (Where is the spewing emoji?) I'm guessing that is was an old sign that at one time said "Adult Toys Video Rental." But the the video was burned out.

The sign probably was either or. Best sign I ever saw was in front of a nut processing facility and said " We accept pecans in the rear"

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
The sign probably was either or. Best sign I ever saw was in front of a nut processing facility and said " We accept pecans in the rear"
I have cast my vote on the one that appeared in the fudge shop window on the Wildwood boardwalk back in the 60s that read; "We beat it, you eat it". Behind it stood a college age athlete with a huge smile as he stirred a massive copper kettle of hot fudge.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT