ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson at #4!!!

I'm more shocked ND is #3, who the hell have they played? On top of that, the CFP committee not choosing O$U in the top #4 is surprising.
ND pounded Michigan State in their building, and also took USC and NC State, both ranked teams, behind the woodshed. So they do have "quality" wins.

Aliquippa could beat pitt. And then they would offer all their 1 stars. Did you really?
Lets hope the Committee does not agree with you. The point was not that Pitt was a good team, although they are better than you suggest. Pitt recently beat a Duke team on the road that crushed Northwestern. The point was that this is not the same old Syracuse. This season the Orange beat Pitt for the 1st time in 5 years. In the most recent CBS Power Rankings they rank above 7 BigTen teams. They are a solid team that is getting better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mixolydian
Total speculation.....no way of knowing how either team would play. If the teams played ten times it would probably go 4-6 or 5-5 or 6-4.
You're a lot higher on Oklahoma than I am. Have you seen them actually play in the last month? I'll say this...if OU makes it through balance of their schedule unscathed, then they deserve to get in. But, it's not happening (and yes, this is pure speculation).

I'm of the opinion Penn State would beat Syracuse by 4 TDs and I'm sure most would agree.
Not if they looked at Syracuse objectively, but forget about Syracuse. Clemson played a tougher overall schedule and beat 2 top 14 teams, one on the road. We haven't even beaten 1 in the top 25. They deserve to be ahead of us and that is why the Committee put them there.

Last edited:
You're a lot higher on Oklahoma than I am. Have you seen them actually play in the last month? I'll say this...if OU makes it through balance of their schedule unscathed, then they deserve to get in. But, it's not happening (and yes, this is pure speculation).

It’s a combo being higher on OU and not as big a fan of tOSU. I still think we made the Buckeyes look a lot better on Sat than they really are.

Big game with OU - OSU on Sat. Obviously hoping OSU wins for PSU’s sake. But obviously more hoping PSU takes care of business first!

Not if they looked at Syracuse objectively, but forget about Syracuse. Clemson played a tougher overall schedule and beat 2 top 14 teams, one on the road. We haven't even beaten 1 in the top 25. They deserve to be ahead of us and that is why the Committee put them there.
We'll just have to disagree.

Howie, objectively look at Syracuse. Beyond that, Clemson has beaten 2 of the Committee's top 14 teams, one on the road. We have beaten no one in the top 25.
Michigan was 17 with the #1rated D at the time we beat them. Ratings change every week so don’t rely on that only.

How much would we beat Iowa by? I'm sure most would agree it wouldn't come down to the final play.
What was Iowa's record versus top 5 teams at home at night again? Bottom line is the comittee is still human and the bias will exist there. OSU got trucked by Clemson last year and the after effect of that is being felt this year by both teams IMO. No way a road loss to SU or OSU is on the same page, but the committee said it was. Not worried though as every team ahead of PSU has a much tougher road to go so if they win out, they deserve it. If PSU doesn't win out, they didn't deserve it.

I'm more shocked ND is #3, who the hell have they played? On top of that, the CFP committee not choosing O$U in the top #4 is surprising.

ND played UGA and lost by one. I imagine the committee was quite delighted to put UGA ahead of 'bama in the first ranking. Mind you, I'm not saying it was wrong to do so, just that the committee was thrilled to have a reason to make ND #3.

Reactions: Nittanyplayer#12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT