ADVERTISEMENT

Class Action Park

jmorovich

Apr 28, 2015
If you have HBOmax I highly recommend this documentary. Living in Jersey I’ve always heard the stories of this “theme park”. My wife had actually been to it. Such an insane story.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
I can only assume this movie is about Traction Park. It was like that movie with Johnny Knoxville but somehow more dangerous. It was awesome LOL.

I can only assume this movie is about Traction Park. It was like that movie with Johnny Knoxville but somehow more dangerous. It was awesome LOL.
We used to reach back on the go karts and pull on the throttle cable and those things would fly! Lol! Good times jumping off those cliffs and the rope swings into the freezing water were priceless memories.

Probably went there about 10 times as a kid growing up in allentown. That place was insane. My brothers and I used to love it there. Jumping off those cliffs...... you had to get the fuk out of the way as soon as you came to the surface because somebody was coming down right on top of you lol. The lifeguards barely paid attention. That place was mayhem. Epic. I miss it.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I wanted to go there badly as a kid but my parents would never take me. We lived 30 minutes away from Knoble’s and went there a ton, but Action Park always had me with those commercials.

That alpine slide looks nuts!

If you have HBOmax I highly recommend this documentary. Living in Jersey I’ve always heard the stories of this “theme park”. My wife had actually been to it. Such an insane story.

Is this a new doc or the one from a few years ago?

Looks like it's new. It says it's "the first-ever feature-length documentary to explore the legend, legacy, and truth behind a place that long ago entered the realm of myth." Was there an earlier one? What was it called?

Looks like it's new. It says it's "the first-ever feature-length documentary to explore the legend, legacy, and truth behind a place that long ago entered the realm of myth." Was there an earlier one? What was it called?

It was a youtube video maybe? Definitely not feature length. I believe it ran about 45 mins.

It was the precursor to them reopening the park as Action Park a few years back.

LdN

Yeah as stated above brand new. Just released this past Thursday I think. It really is worth the hour and thirty minutes. Dives into Mulvihill’s past and how he acquired the land and basically told the town of Vernon to go eff themselves. Some sad parts when they discuss one of the deaths. For the most part a wild doc on a park run by teenagers with rides designed by people who were not engineers!

Yeah as stated above brand new. Just released this past Thursday I think. It really is worth the hour and thirty minutes. Dives into Mulvihill’s past and how he acquired the land and basically told the town of Vernon to go eff themselves. Some sad parts when they discuss one of the deaths. For the most part a wild doc on a park run by teenagers with rides designed by people who were not engineers!

I will watch.

That said most of the rides did not need engineers. The alpine slide was just a park version of what we would do down hills in town on our powell peralta skateboards.

It was the loop waterslide that never opened everyone loves to discuss.

The alternatives to action park were driving without seatbelts or taking jumps with skateboards and bmx bikes without helmets.

One trip there we had 7 people in a 1970s station wagon one light was out and noone wore seatbelts.

Just a different era.

LdN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT