ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs - Browns NFL Playoff game thread

Holy balls, man. Where was your team 3 years ago? 0 f
Where are they today?
Huge strides and pieces are in place to get better.

OL
I don’t care. 2016 we came within a rain delay of a World Series. Today, only two players remain. Baker of miles gets hurt next year we won’t even make the playoffs

I hate this wait till next year bullshit. There is no next year, ever

tenor.gif

Does suggest that Reid felt they had a decent chance of losing if they give ball back to Browns. I was most shocked they didn't punt because they could have pinned them deep (KC would have been punting from midfield).

Reactions: psu00
Thought that was a great game. What an ending. I can’t see KC going back to the Super-Duper Bowl without Mahomes, though.
Both KC and Buffalo looked a little shaky this weekend. I could see KC getting by Buffalo but I think Green Bay is just playing the best football right now.

Does suggest that Reid felt they had a decent chance of losing if they give ball back to Browns. I was most shocked they didn't punt because they could have pinned them deep (KC would have been punting from midfield).
Good point. KC just lost their CB. Browns needed aTD. And yardage is cheap in the middle of the field during the two minute drill. You go for the first down. If you fail you end up playing D in the red zone anyway

I was watching with my daughter’s boyfriend and I said they should go ahead and snap it because Cleveland isn’t ready, they don’t think they’re going to snap it. Great play call.

Reactions: Obliviax
I don’t care. 2016 we came within a rain delay of a World Series. Today, only two players remain. Baker of miles gets hurt next year we won’t even make the playoffs
And their division won’t get the NFC East draw next year which will make it a little tougher for all those teams.

Wow, six five stars and fourteen four stars.....and the only names I recognize are Morelli, Henne, and Clark. And that is even going down through the three stars. And I know Clark and Morelli only because they were Pen Staters.
I must watch way too much football then...lots of blasts from the past on that list.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Head hitting the ground

Jay Glazier reported that it was more of choking than concussion. He was tackled around the neck and I wondered if that was the case as Mahomes seemed fine in the tent and RAN to the locker to get checked out. I have had a similar look on my face when I have gotten light headed due to lack of oxygen for a couple of seconds. I have also been concussed numerous times and I thought the feeling of lack of oxygen was worse for being totally confused.

Jay Glazier reported that it was more of choking than concussion. He was tackled around the neck and I wondered if that was the case as Mahomes seemed fine in the tent and RAN to the locker to get checked out. I have had a similar look on my face when I have gotten light headed due to lack of oxygen for a couple of seconds. I have also been concussed numerous times and I thought the feeling of lack of oxygen was worse for being totally confused.
It was reported that he failed the concussion test in the locker room. It could be from choking, I guess, but why would one be concussed?

It was reported that he failed the concussion test in the locker room. It could be from choking, I guess, but why would one be concussed?

The last thing I would want to do the times I have had a concussion was to run within minutes of hitting my head. Mahomes ran to the locker room. Glazier reported that Mahomes was trying to get back into the game so that might be why he ran to try to prove he was fine. I am not sure what the NFL concussion test entails but I do know they look at the video tape of the play in question. They might have failed him based on the way he got up and looked, especially if he had a slight sign of possible concussion with the other tests. The report of Lamar Jackson being ruled out for concussion seemed quicker than the ruling for Mahomes so he might have been passing some of the tests before they ultimately ruled him out. It also looked like Jackson was knocked out laying in the endzone.

pretty classless tweet by the Chiefs after the refs missed a targeting call

SB.jpg

Possible Sleeper Hold?

Andy Reid basically said today that Mahomes is in the protocol because he was staggering. Also, there is speculation now that Mahomes might have spinal concussion symptoms like Sidney Crosby did years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT