ADVERTISEMENT

chance

High scoring, energy draining and crowd pleasing match, between two very potent wrestlers.

Thanks for posting the video pure-s-curve.

Last edited:
Reactions: purescurve
Thanks; very entertaining match.

Chance has come a long way; gas tank is not quite there yet (or will that ever be a strong point for him?)

High scoring, energy draining and crowd pleasing match, between two very potent wrestlers.

Thanks for posting the video purescuve.
You are welcome. It should be pure-s-curve but I messed up signing up. It will not happen again.

Reactions: T J
Does anyone think that Chance has a shot at the 165 national championship this season?

Does anyone think that Chance has a shot at the 165 national championship this season?
IMar is just plain tough and at 165 he is going to be a freaking bull. Some believe IJordan will be a factor. I don't believe Jordan will be able to do anything with IMar. Vincenzo is going to be a serious threat. IMO much more capable of wrestling IMar than Jordan is.

My guess is if Chance ever gets to the point that he can wrestle hard as nails from start to finish, he has as good a shot at finishing at the top of the heap as anybody.

Well, you've got IMar, who would rank ahead of him at this point. And then there's Massa, Cenzo Joseph, a Jordan or two, and others I'm probably missing. So could Chance wrestle well, get something like a #4 or #5 seed, and then win a national championship. It happens, but not terribly often.

Getting away from John Smith and the dust bowl will help any wrestler.

Man, Chance looked tired after the first set of action in the 1st. He looks strong, but I gotta think he still has some conditioning issues. We'll see come season.

As much as I like Chance and his return to PA, until he fixes the gassing issue (whatever is causing it), he'll be lucky to AA. The last wrestler with gassing issues that finished high on the board will be the first time. He fixes that and there's no reason he can't compete with anyone not named IMAR.

I'm hoping for a positive new chapter for Chance. If he's healthy physically and mentally I think he can beat anyone, including Imar. Really I just hope he's healthy, and happy.

Reactions: purescurve
Training techniques have gotten better across the board in the past decade but in general, wrestlers who leave Top 10 teams to go to second tier teams don't improve their conditioning. With less high end training partners at second tier schools, their conditioning often gets worse ...

I hope the best for Chance but want to see him go 7 minutes hard before saying he will be an AA. I hope his past conditioning issue was just the weight cut and now he will be healthy and do very well.

Reactions: royboy
We are never gonna know what the whole story was with Chance, Smith and OSU. Weight, off mat issues, who knows. Rooting for the kid this year. All of that said I'll be shocked if he were to bear IMAR.

We are never gonna know what the whole story was with Chance, Smith and OSU. Weight, off mat issues, who knows. Rooting for the kid this year. All of that said I'll be shocked if he were to bear IMAR.

I smell a flow documentary some day.

Reactions: KFM74
Training techniques have gotten better across the board in the past decade but in general, wrestlers who leave Top 10 teams to go to second tier teams don't improve their conditioning. With less high end training partners at second tier schools, their conditioning often gets worse ...

I hope the best for Chance but want to see him go 7 minutes hard before saying he will be an AA. I hope his past conditioning issue was just the weight cut and now he will be healthy and do very well.

That's a very interesting point -- makes sense. Also emphasizes the importance of a strong overall room (and nowadays other great wrestlers who are out of college but training nearby and sometimes working with the college kids).

That's a very interesting point -- makes sense. Also emphasizes the importance of a strong overall room (and nowadays other great wrestlers who are out of college but training nearby and sometimes working with the college kids).
Kolat comes to mind and a few more. That said, your point is taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6
Kolat comes to mind and a few more.
Not sure Kolat became a better conditioned wrestler, but a smarter wrestler. Instead of destroying everybody in 90 secs or less he would grind them unrelentingly for 7 minutes or less. I remember him telling somebody (not sure who) he learned to pace himself without really letting up on his opponent.

Gas tank issues, can also be psychological, not having a thing to do with cardio, or anything else physically.

Not sure Kolat became a better conditioned wrestler, but a smarter wrestler. Instead of destroying everybody in 90 secs or less he would grind them unrelentingly for 7 minutes or less. I remember him telling somebody (not sure who) he learned to pace himself without really letting up on his opponent.
Zain comes across that way. Just a methodical beatdown that is less a flurry of activity than it is a grinding of the spirit.

Gas tank issues, can also be psychological, not having a thing to do with cardio, or anything else physically.

Agree...it's complicated...that's for sure, though there's plenty of experts on the forums. There are so many things going on, from a wrestler's psyche (confidence, distractions, stress, et al), to his fitness, to his physiological make-up (for instance: two people, built similarly, with similar habits, one is a world-class distance runner...the other can't catch his breath running 100 yards), it's hard to understand all the judgmental stuff that's said.

Yep. Getting out of that weight cutting factory in Stillwater, has made all the difference for Chance.
Little early to say isn't? I agree that I think he'll wrestle better at 165 and hope he AA's. But to say it's made all the difference is jumping the gun, I mean he wrestled one tournament where him and IMAR were the favorites to make the finals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT