ADVERTISEMENT

Cereal Thread

As a kid in Berks County we used to get our milk from the Oley Dairy in returnable bottles. It was the freshest, creamiest milk I've ever had. It was like liquid gold!
Used to love the run to Ashcombe in Mechanicsburg in the early 70’s with my grandparents, aunts and uncle in the ‘68 Chevy wagon. I still remember the sort of rectangular jugs with the orange plastic handles, and the plastic spout we’d put on them once home.

Wheaties straight up with skim milk. Breakfast of (Wrestling) Champions. No sugar added so your weight stays under control year round. That's the way I rolled as a kid and still enjoy them on occasion!

Thanks, Organic Valley is in this area for one producer. I knew that they were "organic" I just didn't realize that they had a "grass only" product. Enjoy.

Well, it must be a recent thing, because I was buying a different brand until recently. Like you, all I ever noticed was the availability of the "organic milk".

I'm a cereal nut! Can have it morning, noon, or at night. Growing up all my mom would buy was plain Cheerios and Corn Flakes (we'd add a ton of sugar when she wasn't looking). She caught me one time and poured the whole sugar bowl in and made me finish milk and all. Like any red blooded American, cereal then milk!
Anyway my go to's are:
1. Honey Nut Cheerios
2. Honey Bunches of Oats
3. Captain Crunch W/ Chrunchberries
4. Raisin Bran
5. CoCo Puffs
6. Froot Loops

Guys, thank you for opening me up to the world of vitamin d milk. How delicious it is.

Went for Trix on the next purchase because they say "Trix are for kids", and I like breaking the rules. I wonder if the individual pieces of fruits taste different from each other, or if they all taste the same.

Reactions: dunkej01 and tikk10
th

Your reply reminds me of the story about the 8 year old boy whose mother was making him breakfast.

Mother: "Would you like cereal or some of my homemade pancakes for breakfast?"

Boy: "Pass me the dam cereal!"

The mother immediately slapped him across his face and told him to go to his bedroom and reflect on what he had just said. An hour later, she calls the boy back down to the breakfast table.

Mother: "So, what lesson have you learned?"

Son: "Never to ask you again for any fk'n cereal, because you get violent when people don't eat your shitty pancakes!"

That's a rehash of a joke I heard in the early 70's
Wife to Husband: "Your kids are awful. They swear all of the time. I can't take it anymore."
Husband to Wife: "No problem. The next time one of them swears, slap him. They'll learn not to swear."
Next morning, kids come down for breakfast:
Wife to kids: "What would you like for breakfast?"
Kid#1: "Give me some of those f*king Cheerios"
Wife backhands the kid and he goes rolling across the kitchen floor. She beligerantly turns to kid #2 and asks:
"Okay, what do you want for breakfast?"
Kid#2: "You can bet your sweet ass I don't want any of your f*cking Cheerios"

Someone posted that they ate cheerios every morning with a banana and has been a key to their personal well being. As a 215 guy who can't make heavyweight now, I went out and bought a big box regular cheerios that next day and have been eating them every morning. And some people say nothing good comes out of a message board.

My grandparents only ever had puffed rice or Kixx, yukk, even with tons of sugar added!

After reading the post about Team Cereal above...

Pop-Tarts Crunch, Urkelos, Dunkin' Donuts Cereal, Berry Berry Kix, Nintendo Cereal System, Dino Pebbles, Mr. T Cereal, Smurf Magic Berries, Sprinkle Spangles, Cinnamon Mini Buns, Donkey Kong Junior, G.I. Joe, Freakies, Teddy Grahams Breakfast Bears, S'mores Crunch, C3PO's, Nerds Cereal, French Toast Crunch, Choco Donuts, Ice Cream Cones Cereal, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cereal, Waffle Crisps, Oreo O's, Rice Krispies Treats Cereal...

all are cereals that have met their demise. Frankly, don't remember most.

Ya'll know they make Sour Patch Kids cereal? Never tried it, but my athletes brought it up the other night and I about puked at the thought of it. They said it was pretty awful.

I'm a cereal nut! Can have it morning, noon, or at night. Growing up all my mom would buy was plain Cheerios and Corn Flakes (we'd add a ton of sugar when she wasn't looking). She caught me one time and poured the whole sugar bowl in and made me finish milk and all. Like any red blooded American, cereal then milk!
Anyway my go to's are:
1. Honey Nut Cheerios
2. Honey Bunches of Oats
3. Captain Crunch W/ Chrunchberries
4. Raisin Bran
5. CoCo Puffs
6. Froot Loops
https://magicspoon.com/products/variety-pack-cereal-case

Reactions: danoftw
Holy Crap! You guys are still talking about cereal! Give it a rest.....

btw Fruit Loops are the Best!!!!o_O

nGJmRCBTxzRxEBfC8

(Edit: Stuggling to insert image of Baby Sharks cereal, but haven't given up, yet.)

This just in. SMH. Don't have kids who'd be into it. Looks like Fruit Loops with marshmallows. Realize some prefer Malt-O-Meal while others distain marshmallows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT