ADVERTISEMENT

Censoring of Franco's Speech

StinkStankStunk

Oct 11, 2010
http://onwardstate.com/2016/06/10/a...d-for-withholding-franco-harris-speech-video/

800-548-5466
That is the number for the PSU AA
Take 3 minutes today - like, right NOW would be a good time - and let them know what you think.

"Because there was a mixed reaction, we’ve decided not to release the video…we don’t want to do anything to further divide the Penn State family" ...... Paul "The Big Red Bow-Tie-Wearing Dog" Clifford

Seriously?

How pathetic is that?

Now, I feel quite confident that Paul Clifford, himself, had very little to do with that piece of PRAVDA nonsense (we all know who pulls the strings of guys like Paul C) but how can anyone put their names to such crap?

"Mixed reaction"?
First of all, any issue that DOES draw a "mixed reaction" should be EXACTLY the type of issue we SHOULD be debating and discussing. Does anyone remember what the purpose of a University is?
Secondly, the "mixed reaction" was "mixed" only in that Eric Barron, Mimi Coppersmith, Paul Clifford and a handful of party functionaries were embarrassed that the OG Scoundrels (whom they serve/cavort with) were called on the carpet for their actions.

A little news flash for your Paul Clifford:

When one party (the Scoundrels of the PSU BOT) rapes, defiles, and prostitutes another (The entire PSU community - including the entire Alumni base).....the "divide" has occurred. :)
Hopelessly trying to muzzle, stifle, and smother those speaking out for righteousness does not "heal".

In particular, Paul Clifford had asked that he be judged on his actions - claiming he was his "own man"......well, thus far Paul, the judges score is a 0.0.

Now, go ask the Boys what your next "independent" actions should be (Ira Lubert's cell number was included in your emergency first aid package, you should have received it during orientation).

Last edited:
“It was something we never intended to distribute in the first place,” he said, adding that the Alumni Association doesn’t typically record events like these or publish videos.

So we paid for a video that only "very special people" were ever going to be allowed to view? Good enough for the big screens, but nobody else can ever see it? That is interesting.

Last edited:
http://onwardstate.com/2016/06/10/a...d-for-withholding-franco-harris-speech-video/

800-548-5466
Take 3 minutes today - like, right NOW would be a good time - and let them know what you think.

"Because there was a mixed reaction, we’ve decided not to release the video…we don’t want to do anything to further divide the Penn State family" ...... Paul "The Big Red Bow-Tie-Wearing Dog" Clifford

Seriously?

How pathetic is that?

Now, I feel quite confident that Paul Clifford, himself, had very little to do with that piece of PRAVDA nonsense (we all know who pulls the strings of guys like Paul C) but how can anyone put their names to such crap?

"Mixed reaction"?
First of all, any issue that DOES draw a "mixed reaction" should be EXACTLY the type of issue we SHOULD be debating and discussing. Does anyone remember what the purpose of a University is?
Secondly, the "mixed reaction" was "mixed" only in that Eric Barron, Mimi Coppersmith, Paul Clifford and a handful of party functionaries were emberrassed that the OG Scoundrels (whom they serve/cavort with) were called on the carpet for their actions.

When one party (the Scoundrels of the PSU BOT) rapes, defiles, and prostitutes another (The entire PSU community - including the entire Alumni base).....the "divide" has occured. :)
Hopelessly trying to muzzle, stiffle, and smother those speaking out for righteousness does not "heal".

In particular, Paul Clifford had asked that he be judged on his actions - claiming he was his "own man"......well, thus far Paul, the judges score is a 0.0.

Now, go ask the Boys what your next "independent" actions should be (Ira Lubert's cell number was included in your emergency first aid package, you should have received it during orientation).

LOL, Awesome post.

Reactions: malanoce

800-548-5466

Seriously?

How pathetic is that?

"Mixed reaction"?
Secondly, the "mixed reaction" was "mixed" only in that Eric Barron, Mimi Coppersmith, Paul Clifford and a handful of party functionaries were emberrassed that the OG Scoundrels (whom they serve/cavort with) were called on the carpet for their actions.

When one party (the Scoundrels of the PSU BOT) rapes, defiles, and prostitutes another (The entire PSU community - including the entire Alumni base).....the "divide" has occured. :)
Hopelessly trying to muzzle, stiffle, and smother those speaking out for righteousness does not "heal".

At this point, I am guessing that they are more embarrassed by their "mixed reaction" (which is now on tape) than they are about the content of the speech itself.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and BBrown

The REAL Penn State Family is not divided...WE ARE united and continuing the March for Truth...The Alumni Association leadership, serving as a mouthpiece of a portion of the BOT that will never qualify as real Penn Staters, are most definitely on the other side, BUT they are not part of a divided family....they are a cancer that will be cured.

So the Alumni association now censors based on what they think is "divisive".

A quick look on their site blog shows story #1 is talking up John Amaechi (sp?). Their Facebook page talks about admitting Jesse Arnelle and Joel Meyers on June 4 (IIRC) into the 'distinguished alumni club' and even has their pics at the event. Didn't the AA also just honor Cynthia Baldwin a few weeks ago?

These are the acts of an alumni association who is supposedly soooo concerned about 'others' being divisive?

As an aside, they have a blog from Barron on their site talking about his reaction to campus protests nationwide.
Quote from Barron-

"We have to stand up for discussing difficult issues, and we must always stand up for free speech......"

Doesn't that just describe how he and the BoT have handled, (and continue to handle), the alumni and opposing views? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree with not supporting the speech. The speech came across as pretty dang insensitive.

Free speech is one thing, supporting the speech you don't agree with is another

Who was the guy here telling us for awhile what a great Penn Stater clifford was and how we needed to give him a chance because we would see positive results?

The REAL Penn State Family is not divided...WE ARE united and continuing the March for Truth...The Alumni Association leadership, serving as a mouthpiece of a portion of the BOT that will never qualify as real Penn Staters, are most definitely on the other side, BUT they are not part of a divided family....they are a cancer that will be cured.

Well no, really, the family is divided. Minus board censorship, this place is a prime example. Those psu fans that agree with the majority of the public in regards to the Sandusky stuff have been run off from this site. People here couldn't handle hearing from fellow fans that disagreed with them.

This post will be another example of the division. I will be attacked by the same typical posters here that are hell bent on minimizing the Sandusky affairs in regards to psu.

Reactions: getmyjive11
Well no, really, the family is divided. Minus board censorship, this place is a prime example. Those psu fans that agree with the majority of the public in regards to the Sandusky stuff have been run off from this site. People here couldn't handle hearing from fellow fans that disagreed with them.

This post will be another example of the division. I will be attacked by the same typical posters here that are hell bent on minimizing the Sandusky affairs in regards to psu.

Look at what the cat dragged in........

Go suck on a tailpipe :)

Like I said, the reactions to my post are all going to be full of hatred. These people want to run off any posters that don't support the singular narrative.
Internet-Troll.jpg

Like I said, the reactions to my post are all going to be full of hatred. These people want to run off any posters that don't support the singular narrative.

You'd sound more credible if in your previous post you didn't state that you're in favor of banning and censoring speech with which you don't agree.

Reactions: Ski and 91Joe95

If you ever had a post in support of anything PSU, you might not get run off for supporting one narrative. You're the most obvious troll on this board, and that's saying something. If a story came out that PSU should be burnt to the ground, you would support it and say you only want what's best for "our" university.

Reactions: Ski and 91Joe95
o: Penn State Alumni Association

cc: alumni networking

“While we respect the opinions offered by this year’s Lion’s Paw Medal recipient, they were out of place at this event,” Clifford said. “The Alumni Association neither endorses nor opposes the content, but we can’t ignore the mixed response expressed by many in attendance and the distraction from the other honored guests in attendance, as well as from our 50th Reunion Class and Penn State Pioneers. Because there was a mixed reaction, we’ve decided not to release the video…we don’t want to do anything to further divide the Penn State family.”

As with any other controversial publication, those who do not like the content are free to not view the video, but my dues and the dues of every other PSAA member helped pay (directly or indirectly) for the event which means those of us who do want to see the video have the right to do so.

I recall that alumni had to file a lawsuit when the PSAA’s leaders, in violation of the organization’s bylaws, tried to keep Jim Smith and Elizabeth Morgan off the ballot last year. Will it be necessary for PSAA’s members to explore a class action lawsuit to gain access to the Franco Harris video? As for dividing the Penn State family, the decision by PSAA’s leadership to tell us what we can and cannot see is presumptuous and over the line, and I personally consider it a deliberately hostile act that invites and even requires a response in kind such as what I just described. In addition, of course, donations to PSAA should be out of the question until the so-called leadership recognizes that its purpose is to serve its members rather than lord it over them and tell them what they should and should not see or hear.

I agree with not supporting the speech. The speech came across as pretty dang insensitive.

Insensitive to whom--Joel Myers, Mimi Coppersmith, and Marianne Alexander? I know they have as much right as anybody else to show up at these events, as they also paid their association dues, but they should realize by now that they are as welcome as skunks at a perfume manufacturers' convention.

Insensitive? Surely you jest. Especially after all the bile spewed from the sports media and the sewage that has flowed across our social media streams these past 4 plus years.

However, Paul Clifford is off-tangent and off target speaking of "decisive" being the issue. That's not the issue.

The issue is that crappy dumpster that Frank Fina & Tom Corbett wheeled up to campus and set on fire at the steps of Old Main to rage away. The issue is that the PSAA walks past this dumpster every day and it doesn't seem to bother them.

Our decision-makers in Old Main, on the BoT and on the PSAA have sprayed an $8.5 million dollar can of FREEHbreze on it to try to rid the stench. No such luck. They've stood out there and did a lot of #HANDWAVING with lots of documents that say what they say to try to clear the air. Nope - that didn't work either. Ignoring it, going in the back door and keeping the office windows closed hasn't helped.

What's next? Attractive shrubbery and screening?

Until these decision-makers haul off that smoldering, stinking industrial-sized trash container from campus and ship it back down to Harrisburg where it rightfully belongs, it will only attract flies, vermin and sports writers.

So you can see why the Alumni and the larger Penn State family are complaining about this eyesore. Enough is Enough.

The metrics from PSAA sponsored surveys show that your opinion is in the vast minority.

Every time I read a post saying that Franco's speech was "divisive," I'll respond with the same question: Wasn't it considered divisive to publish an interview with an old uppity white woman where she states that the alumni trustees make the board dysfunctional? Doesn't this by extension state that any alumnus who cast a vote for any one of the 9 current alumni trustees have issues as well? Doesn't it also mean that any alumnus who has dared to question the actions or motives of any of the OGBOT is also dysfunctional?

I'd like Mr. Clifford to state why calling a substantial percentage of the alumni "dysfunctional" wouldn't be considered divisive.

Every time I read a post saying that Franco's speech was "divisive," I'll respond with the same question: Wasn't it considered divisive to publish an interview with an old uppity white woman where she states that the alumni trustees make the board dysfunctional? Doesn't this by extension state that any alumnus who cast a vote for any one of the 9 current alumni trustees have issues as well? Doesn't it also mean that any alumnus who has dared to question the actions or motives of any of the OGBOT is also dysfunctional?

I'd like Mr. Clifford to state why calling a substantial percentage of the alumni "dysfunctional" wouldn't be considered divisive.

everyone's homework for the weekend:

look up the term "Gaslighting" as it applies to abusive relationships

this is what Clifford (and by extension the OGBOT) is doing to the alumni through Franco's speech

Franco was basically the kid saying dad is a drunk and needs help. How dare he!

The only ones mixing the reaction are the ones who feel guilty.
LOL The Frank Sheeran in me just came out reading this. Were there Five non-standing O people? IIRC Marianne had left the building, Eric, Mimi, Joel, and Kay, Yep the Count Five!

Reactions: simons96

Interesting you couch it in terms of "fans". That's the modus operandi of the OGBOT and by extension the lame media and its lemming public.

So let me FIFY slightly: The differences are not between "fans".

We/They are: between people educated at this country's best institutions of higher learning, (mostly stakeholder alumni but not all-plenty of non-alums across the country that also do not follow media like lemmings) These people use their education and take their civic duties seriously.

Between these and the lemmings.

We/They are: people who believe in due process, fact, logic, analysis, and not blindly jumping to conclusions without evidence, and abhor scapegoating and pathetic governance.

We/They are: people who learn the facts, study the laws, teach themselves about predators, and have amassed a wealth of information that shows the "court of public opinion" narrative advanced by the OGBOT etc, is detrimental to saving children from predators.

In short, the "scapegoating", "expedience", PAYOFF to make it all go away process helps NO CHILD to be protected in future. All it does it make the "court of public opinion" believe in fairytales and unicorns that it "happened over there" (because THEY are bad) and can never "happen over here". (Because WE are good)

No, it is not "minimizing the Sandusky affairs in regards to PSU. The bulk of it is NOT connected to PSU. It is connected to a Children's Charity called the Second Mile that had poor policies and procedures and did not really serve children. It is connected to the abysmal capabilities of PA's Child Services, County, State, etc. to perform their jobs properly.

It needs to be fixed. And it won't be fixed by pretending it was all about PSU and "football".

Which do you really want to be? A court of public opinion lemming who helps no child in any community? Or, one of the above people who want to fix the real problems? FTK

And oh by the way, don't forget: the BOARD as it was has been found to be extremely dysfunctional. Its governance needs a re-haul.

So make your own choice. Be a lemming, or be one for positive change. If it makes you run away, ok. Just don't complain about those who want to make things better.

Last edited:

What is really comical is how certain posters attack some of their own who hold similar views but who may post something that has certain trigger phrases which bring out the immediate Pavlovian response. This board would make a fascinating case study in mob psychology.

Reactions: Cruising Route 66
What is really comical is how certain posters attack some of their own who hold similar views but who may post something that has certain trigger phrases which bring out the immediate Pavlovian response. This board would make a fascinating case study in mob psychology.
Is this "mob psychology";

Go screw yourself, you circle-jerking shit stain

Does that count?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT