ADVERTISEMENT

CB and WR Recruiting 2025

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
We have two CBs committed, Xxavier Thomas, 247 88 rank and Omari Gaines, 247 86 rank. Any other more highly ranked guys we are looking at?

For WR, Lex Cyrus out of Harrisburg looks to be a good prospect. 90 rating by 247, #5 player in PA, #199 nationally. 247 says he is "warm" on PSU. Do we land him soon? Not big at 5'10 165 but looks fast on tape. Who else looks promising for us??

We have two CBs committed, Xxavier Thomas, 247 88 rank and Omari Gaines, 247 86 rank. Any other more highly ranked guys we are looking at?

For WR, Lex Cyrus out of Harrisburg looks to be a good prospect. 90 rating by 247, #5 player in PA, #199 nationally. 247 says he is "warm" on PSU. Do we land him soon? Not big at 5'10 165 but looks fast on tape. Who else looks promising for us??
He's not just fast on tape. He was one of PA's premier sprinters last year. Multiple times under 11 flat for the hundred, including a PR of 10.45. He has game breaking speed. Don't know how his route running or hands measure but he can absolutely fly.

He's not just fast on tape. He was one of PA's premier sprinters last year. Multiple times under 11 flat for the hundred, including a PR of 10.45. He has game breaking speed. Don't know how his route running or hands measure but he can absolutely fly.
Oh that is cool. 10.45 100 is smoking. Could be a Hamler type guy for us. He seemed to be really shifty and elusive from what I saw, albeit part of that is the competition. Really hope he becomes a Nittany Lion.

For WR, we were in James Ffrench's top group when he committed to Bama, but since his de-commitment it's apparently an OSU-FSU battle. No chance there.

Shaun Terry from Ironton, OH is one of those kids I wouldn't be surprised to see us in on. Probably looking at Kentucky, Pitt, Cincinnati, and schools like that, but he's a burner. Josh Johnson is another WR from Ironton who has visited Penn State. Not many big offers.

2025 isn't a great WR class nationally, but our WR recruiting needs to get a hell of a lot better.

For WR, we were in James Ffrench's top group when he committed to Bama, but since his de-commitment it's apparently an OSU-FSU battle. No chance there.

Shaun Terry from Ironton, OH is one of those kids I wouldn't be surprised to see us in on. Probably looking at Kentucky, Pitt, Cincinnati, and schools like that, but he's a burner. Josh Johnson is another WR from Ironton who has visited Penn State. Not many big offers.

2025 isn't a great WR class nationally, but our WR recruiting needs to get a hell of a lot better.
We have gotten some guys who are mid 4 stars but do very little. Saunders, Evans, Wallace to name a few.

Oh that is cool. 10.45 100 is smoking. Could be a Hamler type guy for us. He seemed to be really shifty and elusive from what I saw, albeit part of that is the competition. Really hope he becomes a Nittany Lion.
Speed isn't everything. Still waiting for Kaden Saunders and Evans to break out.

We have gotten some guys who are mid 4 stars but do very little. Saunders, Evans, Wallace to name a few.
I wouldn't write Saunders off just yet. But yes......it's a combination of two things. Other than Parker Washington, our WRs haven't really developed beyond their expectation, and we're not recruiting stud WRs. It all came home to roost last season, and there will be more of the same in future seasons if we don't up our recruiting and development.

Maybe if we could get a “ good “ wide receiver coach things could change this guy never did anything at Virginia so why did James hire him here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT