ADVERTISEMENT

CaptainSidneyReilly

Howie'81

Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
West Orange, NJ
Hey, I just happened upon this. Can anyone tell me for sure if this is CaptainSidneyReilly from the Panther Lair? I think it's him.
giphy.gif

Update, so the good old Cap' can read this.

PSU verbals with Pitt offers

*According to the Rivals Database*

2014 Class

1 Saeed Blacknall
2 Antoine White
3 Noah Beh
4 Marcus Allen
5 Daquan Worley
6 Troy Apke
7 Troy Reeder

2015 Class
8 Kevin Givens
9 John Petrishen
10 Nick Bowers
11 Shareef Miller
12 Daquan Kelly
13 John Reid
14 Irvin Charles
15 Jonathan Holland
16 Brandon Polk
17 Juwan Johnson
18 Andre Robinson
19 Jake Cooper
20 Ryan Buchholz
21 Saquon Barkley
22 Kamonte Carter
23 Ryan Bates

2016 Class
24 Shaka Toney
25 Cameron Brown
26 Ellison Jordan
27 Will Fries
28 Michal Menet
29 Alex Gellerstadt
30 Danny Dalton
31 Zechariah McPhearson
32 Connor McGovern
33 Miles Sanders

2017 Class
34 Desmond Holmes
35 Jonathan Sutherland
36 Michael Miranda
37 Robert Martin
38 CJ Thorpe
39 Yetur Matos
40 Damion Barber
41 Sean Clifford
42 Fred Hansard
43 KJ Hamler
44 Donovan Johnson
45 Lamont Wade
46 Ellis Brooks
47 Tariq Castro-Fields

2018 Class
48 Justin Shorter
49 Zack Kuntz
50 Chris Bleich
51 Charlie Katshir
52 Jesse Luketa
53 Ricky Slade

Pitt verbals with Penn State Offers

2014 Class
1 Alex Bookser

2015 Class
2 Jordan Whitehead

2016 Class
3 Rashad Weaver
4 Damar Hamlin
5 Aaron Mathews
6 Amir Watts

2017 Class
7 Paris Ford
8 Charles Reeves
9 Carter Warren

Final Tally
James Franklin vs. Pitt since hired as PSU coach

53 of 62 commonly offered recruits between PSU and Pitt verbaled to PSU

James Franklin vs. Pat Narduzzi since they have been at PSU and Pitt respectively

46 of 54 commonly offered recruits between PSU and Pitt verbaled to PSU

11rem2.gif

One sure way to tell: Find out if the picture was taken in his parents house. If it was, it's him alright. By the way, have you noticed that like you never see Clark Kent and Superman together you never see Corporal Radar O'Riley and Gridiron sage post together.

The Captain is the Liars RutgersAI - but AI doesn't come off as such a tool bag - maybe because he is bat sh#t crazy and it's hard to rag on him - plus he has never been a douche about PSU.

Reactions: dshumbero
I am ban from the Lair bc Chris Peak is soooo sensitive, so I don't visit their website anymore, but I don't think CaptainSidney is that bad. He loves pitt, but there is some rationale behind his post. My opinion.

Franklin recruiting vs. The Duzz

franklin.gif

You're right about recruiting results. Now as far as the only results that
REALLY matter, namely those on the scoreboard..... Oh, that's right those
results don't matter because recruiting trumps all. I'll listen more
attentively if and when PSU wins in the fall. In the meantime enjoy the
recruiting wins...I'll enjoy Franklin's 0 -1 on field record while you
enjoy the overwhelming recruiting record.

Reactions: _fugazi_

Sanctions era is over. We have normal depth and good roster distribution across the classes for the first time. Ass kicking era has begun.

I am ban from the Lair bc Chris Peak is soooo sensitive, so I don't visit their website anymore, but I don't think CaptainSidney is that bad. He loves pitt, but there is some rationale behind his post. My opinion.

Personally, I don't believe you should be banned since I enjoy open forums. It's only
a message board, and posters should be able to freely swing away at each other. BTW, many posters on the Lair complain about being banned here....somehow I haven't been
banned (yet? LOL). I try and remain objective here and can take the ribbing that comes my way. I also don't hate PSU and see the value of more than one successful Div 1 team
in this state,
You mentioned Capt. Sidney...he actually posts positively about PSU on the Lair.

Sanctions era is over. We have normal depth and good roster distribution across the classes for the first time. Ass kicking era has begun.

You certainly do have "normal depth and good roster distribution" and you'll undoubtedly be favored this fall...but then again Clemson had all that and MUCH, MUCH more (National Champs this year as I recall). Now, not sayin" we'll do the same against
psu, but do you REALLY believe that Narduzzi is quaking in his boots and that he'll bring
a team to Happy Valley that's deathly afraid. You're fortunate that Franklin will be FAR
more cautious than you.

Would anyone be interested in a contest to guess when Pitt gets their first verbal this year? I'll start off by picking June 1.2017.

You hang onto that win and cherish it forever, enjoy knowing that you almost blew a big lead and had to hang on for dear life to keep that win. I'll enjoy our 11 win season and trip to the Rose bowl.

I love how the Captain critiques ever post on the Lair.He truly loves his Coach Pat and he does no wrong in the great Captain's eyes!I think thats really a picture of the Captain correcting Steel Curtains 40 times on Pitts Lightning Offense.Steel says they have 10 players running under 4.4 40s but the Captain says there is only 9.I had some good conversation with him under another name on the Lair before Chris decided he didn't like my honest opinions on Pitt.

You hang onto that win and cherish it forever, enjoy knowing that you almost blew a big lead and had to hang on for dear life to keep that win. I'll enjoy our 11 win season and trip to the Rose bowl.

Try following the thread (Reading Comp 101 maybe?). Yes...I will hang on to THAT win,
the win over Clemson. The win over PSU was no big deal, we were favored.

2014 Class

1 Saeed Blacknall
2 Antoine White
3 Noah Beh
4 Marcus Allen
5 Daquan Worley
6 Troy Apke
7 Troy Reeder

2015 Class
8 Kevin Givens
9 John Petrishen
10 Nick Bowers
11 Shareef Miller
12 Daquan Kelly
13 John Reid
14 Irvin Charles
15 Jonathan Holland
16 Brandon Polk
17 Juwan Johnson
18 Andre Robinson
19 Jake Cooper
20 Ryan Buchholz
21 Saquon Barkley
22 Kamonte Carter
23 Ryan Bates

2016 Class
24 Shaka Toney
25 Cameron Brown
26 Ellison Jordan
27 Will Fries
28 Michal Menet
29 Alex Gellerstadt
30 Danny Dalton
31 Zechariah McPhearson
32 Connor McGovern
33 Miles Sanders

2017 Class
34 Desmond Holmes
35 Jonathan Sutherland
36 Michael Miranda
37 Robert Martin
38 CJ Thorpe
39 Yetur Matos
40 Damion Barber
41 Sean Clifford
42 Fred Hansard
43 KJ Hamler
44 Donovan Johnson
45 Lamont Wade
46 Ellis Brooks
47 Tariq Castro-Fields

2018 Class
48 Justin Shorter
49 Zack Kuntz
50 Chris Bleich
51 Charlie Katshir
52 Jesse Luketa
53 Ricky Slade

2014 Class
1 Alex Bookser

2015 Class
2 Jordan Whitehead

2016 Class
3 Rashad Weaver
4 Damar Hamlin
5 Aaron Mathews
6 Amir Watts

2017 Class
7 Paris Ford
8 Charles Reeves
9 Carter Warren

Final Tally

James Franklin vs. Pat Narduzzi since they have been at PSU and Pitt respectively

11rem2.gif

What about the 2018 pitt verbals?

Doesn't Duzzy have ANY???????????????

Will he have to wait until next January and try and pick through the leftovers and try and flip a few Fordham and Kent State verbals again???????

If pitt/Duzzy don't have even 1 2018 verbal, that would seem to mean their 2018 "class" is ranked last, whatever number that is. Quite a difference between FIRST and LAST.........

I love how the Captain critiques ever post on the Lair.He truly loves his Coach Pat and he does no wrong in the great Captain's eyes!I think thats really a picture of the Captain correcting Steel Curtains 40 times on Pitts Lightning Offense.Steel says they have 10 players running under 4.4 40s but the Captain says there is only 9.I had some good conversation with him under another name on the Lair before Chris decided he didn't like my honest opinions on Pitt.

Actually you're basically right, especially when it comes to Steel. In fact most Pitt posters on the Lair, do not take Steel's over exuberance on everything Pitt seriously.

Don't be fooled! He will bury you with kindness but in the last line, the steak knife still goes in your back. Read between his lines he will act like he is killing you with kindness but in the end, he's just killing you..

Reactions: Howie'81
What about the 2018 pitt verbals?

Doesn't Duzzy have ANY???????????????

Will he have to wait until next January and try and pick through the leftovers and try and flip a few Fordham and Kent State verbals again???????

If pitt/Duzzy don't have even 1 2018 verbal, that would seem to mean their 2018 "class" is ranked last, whatever number that is. Quite a difference between FIRST and LAST.........

OK. let's not get crazy here because your OC came from Fordham. We're no worse
at this point than we were last year in recruiting. PSU will almost always out recruit us and we will finish strong as we did this year. We like our recruiting under Narduzzi and this year's class proves it. Was it as strong as PSU's?...of course not. But then again,
I'll take the field results and give you the recruiting results.

Reactions: _fugazi_
Try following the thread (Reading Comp 101 maybe?). Yes...I will hang on to THAT win,
the win over Clemson. The win over PSU was no big deal, we were favored.

If it wasn't a big deal, how come your loser coaches have those stupid keychains? I don't recall seeing one made for the Clemson win.

You guys are parodies of college football fans, which makes sense, since your program is a parody of one, as well.

Reactions: Phil's Rug
OK. let's not get crazy here because your OC came from Fordham. We're no worse
at this point than we were last year in recruiting. PSU will almost always out recruit us and we will finish strong as we did this year. We like our recruiting under Narduzzi and this year's class proves it. Was it as strong as PSU's?...of course not. But then again,
I'll take the field results and give you the recruiting results.

You'll take finishing unranked vs a conference championship and top ten final ranking? It would have been the 2nd time in 35 years Pitt won over 10 games.

SPitters believe Duzzi will simply poach all of Ohio State and Alabama's players at the last minute before the 2018 LOI signing day. That's his strategy. No worries.

If you look at Barkley's amazing run, at the 40 yard line, he is literally surrounded and boxed in by four USC defenders like the middle dot on a dice showing five and yet not one of them lays a finger on him.

If it wasn't a big deal, how come your loser coaches have those stupid keychains? I don't recall seeing one made for the Clemson win.

You guys are parodies of college football fans, which makes sense, since your program is a parody of one, as well.

I was speaking for myself obviously. What the coaches do with key chains has nothing to do with what I've been saying throughout this thread. It started with mention of the Clemson win which I said was BIG. when the PSU win was brought up. I mentioned it wasn't a big deal" ..and to me it didn't compare to the Clemson win. I don't speak for our coaches anymore than you speak for yours. (my guess is they're more than happy that you don't).

Will you enjoy Pitt's conference championship? Oh wait, that was Penn State...that's the scoreboard that matters in the real world.

These poor schmucks know what is coming. Look at their recruiting, and ours. Look at how often we are on national television, compared to them. Look at the bowls we now go to, and compare that to their annual visit to the Car Care Bowl.

They won last year, and it still did nothing for them. No recruits, no prestige, no respect. Imagine how bad it will be after they crash and burn next year. Even Carnegie Mellon will look down their noses to them. Particularly since CMU does have their own stadium.

Reactions: Mudge1026
Chescat I told the Captain back in August that PSU would go 3-1 with Pitt and 2016 was their win.I'll stick with my prediction of 3-1.I also told the Captain that Narduzzi threw the kitchen sink at PSU and didn't leave much n his pocket for the ACC games! You were the better team in Sept than PSU was and you won, congrats on the win.The Great Captain is the only person I know that is personal friend of every Big Donor at all the P5 schools,amazing!!!The Captain greatest quote is "Franklin can't make halftime adjustments thats why he'll never beat any of the Big 3 in the Big East!"I think we did OK in the second half of games this year and by the way OSU and Mich State went down!

Reactions: Howie'81
To any Pitt posters on here, I just felt it necessary to tell you that I truly believe all of your mothers are pigs.

H2MYNUTSACK

Now, getdafugouttaheeeeerrrreeeeee.

That's what you have to fall back on? LOL..Baiting you guys is so easy. LOL

It's not a laughing matter. Your mother is a pig and you spend all your time posting on another teams message board? Priorities, man. Straighten your pig mother out and just remember..... It's not your fault. Its not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault.

Reactions: dshumbero

Heh. Can you expound on your recruiting success, both earlier this month and last season? Is it true you've pretty much given up on recruiting in Pennsylvania, because it would be embarrassing to even make it look like you are trying? It is further true that Pitt is running a distant third for the Raines kid from Quip, behind us and WVU?

Not trying to bait you, of course. Baiting Pitt fans is darned near impossible.

2014 Class

1 Saeed Blacknall
2 Antoine White
3 Noah Beh
4 Marcus Allen
5 Daquan Worley
6 Troy Apke
7 Troy Reeder

2015 Class
8 Kevin Givens
9 John Petrishen
10 Nick Bowers
11 Shareef Miller
12 Daquan Kelly
13 John Reid
14 Irvin Charles
15 Jonathan Holland
16 Brandon Polk
17 Juwan Johnson
18 Andre Robinson
19 Jake Cooper
20 Ryan Buchholz
21 Saquon Barkley
22 Kamonte Carter
23 Ryan Bates

2016 Class
24 Shaka Toney
25 Cameron Brown
26 Ellison Jordan
27 Will Fries
28 Michal Menet
29 Alex Gellerstadt
30 Danny Dalton
31 Zechariah McPhearson
32 Connor McGovern
33 Miles Sanders

2017 Class
34 Desmond Holmes
35 Jonathan Sutherland
36 Michael Miranda
37 Robert Martin
38 CJ Thorpe
39 Yetur Matos
40 Damion Barber
41 Sean Clifford
42 Fred Hansard
43 KJ Hamler
44 Donovan Johnson
45 Lamont Wade
46 Ellis Brooks
47 Tariq Castro-Fields

2018 Class
48 Justin Shorter
49 Zack Kuntz
50 Chris Bleich
51 Charlie Katshir
52 Jesse Luketa
53 Ricky Slade

2014 Class
1 Alex Bookser

2015 Class
2 Jordan Whitehead

2016 Class
3 Rashad Weaver
4 Damar Hamlin
5 Aaron Mathews
6 Amir Watts

2017 Class
7 Paris Ford
8 Charles Reeves
9 Carter Warren

Final Tally

11rem2.gif

The only real recruiting victories Pitt has are bookser, Whitehead, Hamlin, and Ford. They had commitable offers throughout the process. All Pittsburgh kids who did not want to leave home. Mathews was told he could play wr at Pitt. Reeves and Warren never had the opportunity to commit. Possibly Watts is a win. Chris Peak will count all the late contact flips psu tried last year in desperation time. Head to head it's not close

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT