ADVERTISEMENT

Caps pens

Bobrovsky is horrible. Should be an interesting Pens-Caps series. Guessing Pens in 6 but you just never know.
The Leafs-Bruins game was great tonight btw

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Huge caps fan. I just can’t pick the caps till they finally break through.

Sigh.....

Reactions: Nit16
Crazily enough I have somehow missed what happened to geno. What happened?

Tried to take out Lehtera early in Game 5 and when they both hit the ice, Lehtera kinda landed on Geno with Geno in a bad position. They called it lower body and I'd guess by the way he fell that it might be a groin issue.

4 in a row for the Caps, 3 of them on enemy ice. That's pretty good.

I was hoping to play CBJ - one of these years the Caps HAVE to break through, right? Pens torture Holtby on a routine basis but with Ovie, Ovechkin, Bakstrom, Kuznetsov - the Caps have a lot of firepower. I do think Trotz is a goof, however. WAS-CBJ was kind of a battle of the goofs.

On a positive note though (@LionJim), the trend is our friend.

Bobrovsky is horrible. Should be an interesting Pens-Caps series. Guessing Pens in 6 but you just never know.
The Leafs-Bruins game was great tonight btw
Agree with this...Washington enters red hot after winning 4 straight, yet how can they not be at least a little hung up with the mental block that is the Pens?

As for the east, won’t be shocked to see Toronto come all the way back to beat the Bs. Boston is Philly with a slightly better goalie.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Huge caps fan. I just can’t pick the caps till they finally break through.

Sigh.....

Unlike the Flyers respect all the way around for Caps. They’ve paid their dues. If the Pens don’t win the Caps winning would be well deserved. I believe the Pens have kept the Caps from winning at least one Cup. Caps have been Top 5 franchise for a while and deserve a Cup. Like the Steelers running into Brady and the Patriots the Caps ran into Mario and then Crosby/Malkin. Rooting hard for Pens but unlike the wannabe Flyers and their birdbrain fans good luck and have a great series with friends and family.

Tried to take out Lehtera early in Game 5 and when they both hit the ice, Lehtera kinda landed on Geno with Geno in a bad position. They called it lower body and I'd guess by the way he fell that it might be a groin issue.
Ouch. Caps Fan but love the way geno has matured over the years ears. Hope to see him back.

As to the upcoming series I am not particularly optimistic. I think caps are just a good but not great team but they do have character. D is probably just a little too exploitable for pens high octane o.

And Trotz is not a goof. High quality person but one who coaches a system a year or two beyond its expiration date.

Unlike the Flyers respect all the way around for Caps. They’ve paid their dues. If the Pens don’t win the Caps winning would be well deserved. I believe the Pens have kept the Caps from winning at least one Cup. Caps have been Top 5 franchise for a while and deserve a Cup. Like the Steelers running into Brady and the Patriots the Caps ran into Mario and then Crosby/Malkin. Rooting hard for Pens but unlike the wannabe Flyers and their birdbrain fans good luck and have a great series with friends and family.
All well and good, but if the Caps ultimately break through and win a Cup, what would become of the classic Ovechkin/White Russian joke???

Thx for the kind words.

Yea, I don't see how any Caps fan can be optimistic about their chances given their playoff history. I'd love to see them win but I have my doubts. If the Caps could have played every playoff game on the road, they'd have won 2 cups by now. Home ice is the worst fate for that team. The numbers probably don't back that up but it sure seems that way.

As an Islanders fan with nothing else to do this time of year besides wait for the news that John Tavares is not re-signing with the team, I am looking forward to this series. Should be a good one.

Caps pens :confused:

4_Bic_Cristal_pens_and_caps.jpg

Ouch. Caps Fan but love the way geno has matured over the years ears. Hope to see him back.

As to the upcoming series I am not particularly optimistic. I think caps are just a good but not great team but they do have character. D is probably just a little too exploitable for pens high octane o.

And Trotz is not a goof. High quality person but one who coaches a system a year or two beyond its expiration date.
Goof is probably too strong. He's just been so lackluster in the playoffs with both the Preds and the Caps.

Heard it was an ankle. He didn’t practice today.

Caps are getting goals from guys who aren't wearing the number 8. If that actually continues they almost could have a chance.

I wasn't impressed with the Blue Jackets defense or goaltending in the series against the Caps. There were a lot of sloppy turnovers or failures to advance the puck out over the blue line that led to scores for the Caps. In fact, I was surprised at how much more efficient the Pens were deep in their own ice than both the Caps or BJs. But, that could be the competition. Well see. It looks to me that the Pens is the best pure hockey team in the east (Nashville looks very physical). But that is why the games are played.

I wasn't impressed with the Blue Jackets defense or goaltending in the series against the Caps. There were a lot of sloppy turnovers or failures to advance the puck out over the blue line that led to scores for the Caps. In fact, I was surprised at how much more efficient the Pens were deep in their own ice than both the Caps or BJs. But, that could be the competition. Well see. It looks to me that the Pens is the best pure hockey team in the east (Nashville looks very physical). But that is why the games are played.

You can take the goalie out of Philadelphia but you can't take Philadelphia out of the goalie :) Bobrovsky is absolutely awful on the big stage. Absolutely horrible. What gives the Caps a chance IMO is that Murray hasn't been consistent. I do think the Pens are still the best in the east but they definitely need Geno & Hagelin (PK) to make another SC final run. The west is stacked. San Jose and Nashville should be the favorites but that Winnipeg team is big and scary while Vegas plays great defense. Can't wait for round 2. Game 7 between Boston-Toronto should be great.

You can take the goalie out of Philadelphia but you can't take Philadelphia out of the goalie :) Bobrovsky is absolutely awful on the big stage. Absolutely horrible. What gives the Caps a chance IMO is that Murray hasn't been consistent. I do think the Pens are still the best in the east but they definitely need Geno & Hagelin (PK) to make another SC final run. The west is stacked. San Jose and Nashville should be the favorites but that Winnipeg team is big and scary while Vegas plays great defense. Can't wait for round 2. Game 7 between Boston-Toronto should be great.
Predictions for round 2?

I haven’t seen Winnipeg play much this year, but wow are they impressive. I think they knock out the preds. I also like the sharks to oust Vegas.

In the east, it’ll take a huge mental effort for the caps to beat the Pens, and I don’t think that they will be up for the challenge. I think Toronto beats the Bs and then takes TB to 7 games, only to just fall short of the conf championship.

Of course what the hell do I know?!?

Last edited:
Predictions for round 2?

I haven’t seen Winnipeg play much this year, but wow are they impressive. I think they knock out the preds. I also like the sharks to oust Vegas.

In the east, it’ll take a huge mental effort for the caps to beat the Pens, and I don’t think that the will be up for the challenge. I think Toronto beats the Bs and then takes TB to 7 games, only to just fall short of the conf championship.

Toronto is such a crazy hockey market. They were celebrating a game 6 win like it was the Stanley Cup.

Predictions for round 2?

In the east, it’ll take a huge mental effort for the caps to beat the Pens, and I don’t think that the will be up for the challenge. I think Toronto beats the Bs and then takes TB to 7 games, only to just fall short of the conf championship.

Pens in 6--the experience of winning 2 Cups will help the Pens just like the pressure of getting past the second round will hurt the Caps. Holtby has to be elite for the upset...can he be that guy?
Lightning in 7 regardless of the opponent but that series is going to be amazing
Jets in 6--very impressed with the Jets. Nashville will have to get more out of their top 2 lines to win that series.
Sharks in 5--I think the insane Vegas run finally ends. I'm very impressed with the Sharks so far. That Anaheim team wasn't anywhere as bad s they looked. The Sharks, Pens & Jets are the three teams I didn't think Vegas could beat.

I think Boston wins tomorrow but it's a coin toss

Reactions: TheGLOV
They’re not gonna say - lower body, though I read he was seen walking around the practice facility with no boot/cast/etc.
There is video of him skating this morning with white non-contact jersey. Suspect probably a groin injury. Just glad he didn't snap his leg or tear in his knee.

Caps in 5, maybe 6

Pens D is awful and Murray lets in way to many soft goals. Wilson will also injure a Pen early in the series.

Caps in 5, maybe 6

Pens D is awful and Murray lets in way to many soft goals. Wilson will also injure a Pen early in the series.
Pens are the Cap’s kryptonite...Washington will win a game or two (probably tonight with no 71/62), but that’s all.

Pens D gets an unwarranted bad wrap...it’s not great, but it’s certainly good enough considering the makeup of the entire team.

Murray has a game or 2 that can be head-scratchers, but he’s as mentally tough as it gets.

Pens in 6.

I would like the Pens chances in this series better if Letang was on another team. His assignment breakdowns have almost single handedly given away game #1....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT