ADVERTISEMENT

Can we finally agree Franklin is a Fraud

I've been trying to overlook Franklin's coaching gaffs in the past but today there is no excuse for that STUPID 2 point conversion attempt in the 1st half. You never do that early in the game. And it got worse from there. Franklin stunk today. Drew Allar stunk today.

We are wasting TOP talent. Given our talent, both OSU and UM were winnable games.

I've been trying to overlook Franklin's coaching gaffs in the past but today there is no excuse for that STUPID 2 point conversion attempt in the 1st half. You never do that early in the game. And it got worse from there. Franklin stunk today. Drew Allar stunk today.

We are wasting TOP talent. Given our talent, both OSU and UM were winnable games.
Totally winnable. But some of the coaching decisions are total head scratchers. Still trying to figure out why the 2-point attempt after the 1st half TD

He’s very limited as a head coach. Can somewhat compensate due to his charisma and recruiting ability, but that’s it.

At least any future agent-led sniffing for raises by threatening to leave are pretty much empty threats now.

Was winnable sure. They are better. We are not deep at WR and have a pro style QB. I mean seriously it’s really the coaches?

James Franklin

James Franklin, the head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions, has a contract that guarantees him an annual compensation of $7 million from 2022 through 2031123. This includes a yearly base salary of $7 million, retention bonuses of $500,000 each year, and a $1 million annual loan for life insurance4. The total value of his contract, signed in late 2021, is $82,500,000, as long as he stays in town2. This does not include performance incentives2. If Penn State fires him without cause, the university will owe him every penny he is owed for the remainder of his deal in base salary, supplemental pay, and life insurance loan2. With nine years left on his contract, that means Franklin is guaranteed a total of $76,500,000 if he is fired today2.

Look at it this way: Fire him right now. Who is going to hire him?

I'll hang up and listen.

Only one explaination...he's retarded....no offense intended to those truly mentally handicapped.
Not so much retarded as he just suffers brain lock under pressure. So many of these gaffs come when TIMELY decisions have to be made. He would be better served to take time outs in critical situations rather than make STUPID f**king game changing errors.

Not so much retarded as he just suffers brain lock under pressure. So many of these gaffs come when TIMELY decisions have to be made. He would be better served to take time outs in critical situations rather than make STUPID f**king game changing errors.
You are right - and only the confusion of the team forced to call time out in the first half and make the right decision to punt.

Watching this former walk on at Utah running innovative and creative plays is very frustrating. Penn State’s is so vanilla. Did they even pitch to a RB once to try the outside?
Said that before when they found a way to beat USC

And the problem with his assinnine decisions always seems to come in big games - mostly OSU and Michigan

Reactions: psu00 and Psubiomed
He’s very limited as a head coach. Can somewhat compensate due to his charisma and recruiting ability, but that’s it.

At least any future agent-led sniffing for raises by threatening to leave are pretty much empty threats now.
Have to chuckle at your "charisma" comment. I have stopped watching any of his press conferences since he's so "rote" in his responses he wears me out....
As the face of the program he's good. As an in game coach, and this is from day one, he's been in over his head. Without some of the assistant coaches over the years this team would be more like 60% win ratio.
If Diaz leaves, this program could end up struggling for the foreseeable future. The additions coming to BIG present a lot more challenges than does 2 games a year.

Hate to say it but I half expect a real team letdown and take another lose in next two weeks. Sure hope not but that's kinda our mo

Watching this former walk on at Utah running innovative and creative plays is very frustrating. Penn State’s is so vanilla. Did they even pitch to a RB once to try the outside?
Watching 5-4 Florida against 6-3 LSU. The Florida QB is hitting quick slants on the money hitting the receiver in stride. The offense has flow and moves the ball. Even lower level teams have a more seamless somewhat affective offense than you see at PSU.the Penn St offense is painful to watch.

The only games I’ve seen as incompetent on offense is when you start seeing Pitt vs Syracuse type teams.

Watching 5-4 Florida against 6-3 LSU. The Florida QB is hitting quick slants on the money hitting the receiver in stride. The offense has flow and moves the ball. Even lower level teams have a more seamless somewhat affective offense than you see at PSU.the Penn St offense is painful to watch.

The only games I’ve seen as incompetent on offense is when you start seeing Pitt vs Syracuse type teams.
I’ve been saying this seemingly forever. I watch other games and do not see anyone, nobody have as much problem sustaining drives like PSU. Going 3 and out all game long is a thing of the past just about everywhere else , and it doesn’t matter who is calling our plays or who the qb is. Same crap every year

Reactions: psu00 and Grass
I’ve been saying this seemingly forever. I watch other games and do not see anyone, nobody have as much problem sustaining drives like PSU. Going 3 and out all game long is a thing of the past just about everywhere else , and it doesn’t matter who is calling our plays or who the qb is. Same crap every year
And remember other than the MD gsme last week, this offense was not very good all year.

Was winnable sure. They are better. We are not deep at WR and have a pro style QB. I mean seriously it’s really the coaches?

Yes, it is the coaching IMO.

It’s been a decade. 10 flippin’ years and this is the result, (with multiple players/ OCs/DCs etc)-

1-9 vs Ohio State
3-7 vs Michigan
4-5 vs Michigan State

8-21 overall against the top 3 teams in the BT east.

Not even averaging 1 win a year against those 3. There needs to be a serious attitude and expectation change in the program.

The worse part about going for two in the first half is that Franklin doesn't learn from his prior mistakes. Recall 2019 when we went into Minnesota with each team 8-0. We fell behind early and Franklin panicked, going for two still early in the game. if he had just kicked the extra points, we would have been in position to have won the game at the end of the 4th quarter with just a field goal. Egregious mistake. If Franklin truly believed that "points will be at a premium" as he stated in the post game presser, then why not take the sure single points? I am dumfounded.

Yes, it is the coaching IMO.

It’s been a decade. 10 flippin’ years and this is the result, (with multiple players/ OCs/DCs etc)-

1-9 vs Ohio State
3-7 vs Michigan
4-5 vs Michigan State

8-21 overall against the top 3 teams in the BT east.

Not even averaging 1 win a year against those 3. There needs to be a serious attitude and expectation change in the program.

You are so correct. I can’t think of any other blue-blood high-profile program that keeps a head coach for 10 years when that coach loses 80% of his games to rival programs (Ohio State and Michigan). Mind boggling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT