ADVERTISEMENT

?? Can a white politician never understand/relate to blacks??

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
I've been hearing a lot of people saying this or something like it an awful lot recently. The commentators are mostly black/progressive types who also feel white males are a major problem and will never be 'inclusive' or part of a 'diverse' population. Now I find myself thinking and wondering if those black/progressives understand or have empathy for white people/candidates.
This topic and permutations of it are becoming quite common not only in politics but in every day life. Why is it ok for a candidate to support 'special' funding for HBCs while not just saying all colleges should be supported? Isn't it racist to have a financial preference for one racial group over another?
Just some things I ponder. Are older people more set in their ways than younger people. Have I or others changed political views drastically as I get older, and at 71 will I or should I change?
Lastly, being a die hard free speech advocate why do some people object to the use of certain words, like n i g g e r? I feel if you don't like the use of a word or phrase just don't use it in your speech but allow others the same freedom of speech you expect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News