ADVERTISEMENT

Cael spotted at the Iowa game

Matt Millen did color for the game on the BTN Network. He referenced the atmosphere at the game as that of a PSU vs. Iowa wrestling match. He also worked Cael and Tom Brands into the discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
That pic has been used a ton...even last year. Franklin and Cael have a good relationship & I'm sure it's a friendly dig with respect sprinkled in.

That pic has been used a ton...even last year. Franklin and Cael have a good relationship & I'm sure it's a friendly dig with respect sprinkled in.
I don't know about friendly dig, but I do know this: those cards are used to call plays, so they're kinda important. Of the 85 scholarship athletes + however many walk-ons, there are possibly only 4 good HS wrestlers on the team (Brandon Smith, Jan Johnson, Ryan Monk, Tom Devenney). Maybe some others wrestled without much success. Most didn't wrestle. But every single one of them knows who Cael is.

Maybe the specific pic used was a little friendly dig (and, well, the pic is pretty funny now), but using his image was about instant recognition.

Last edited:
Reactions: lionlover
Just got home from the game. The handful of Iowa fans we talked with were all big rasslin fans too. Lots of fun banter.

With today's weather high 50s and sunny we could have broken the attendance record.

Just got home. Incredible atmosphere tonight. Talked to a group of Iowa fans close to our tailgate after. They are huge wrestling fans. Very complimentary about their experience at the game and our wrestling program. Plan on meeting up with them at nationals. Good time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT