ADVERTISEMENT

bwi is dead, long live bwi (pennstate)!

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Until today, Ye Olde College URL was still working. Today, we must shirk the vestiges of the past and embrace our new rivals overlord. I wonder how many times (a day) I will see the error:

Invalid subdomain: bwi

Before my tired synapses warm up to the idea. A few dozen at least.

Phew. Man, I had to backdoor my way in here. This has the possibility of really fouling up KYPSW. I was like...
Content Cat Typing GIF

So, did I. I am headed out of this unmanaged cess pool of a board and over to the other 1 permanently. BWI Rivals or Nittany Nation is dead in so many ways.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: tack8 and Ski
Yeah, took a wee bit of finagling, but I managed to find my way in and reload my avatar.

Last edited:
I got it. At least I thought enough to just eliminate the "bwi." and the main rivals site still loaded with the drop down to navigate to specific schools, and I saw the "bwi" was now "pennstate".

Reactions: Ski
Yeah, took a wee bit of finagling, but I managed to find my way in a reload my avatar.
For others: go to Account details. Your avatar area will be blank and you need to move your cursor around until it's showing a link to something; then click to open a window to reload your avatar.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
Does anyone know if they really check license plate numbers for prepaid parkin @ BJC ? I can’t take the vehicle that has the plate number I entered. And ParkMobile will NOT allow to change/add another license plate number in Settings. Grrrrr

Does anyone know if they really check license plate numbers for prepaid parkin @ BJC ? I can’t take the vehicle that has the plate number I entered. And ParkMobile will NOT allow to change/add another license plate number in Settings. Grrrrr
I seriously doubt it, I think you just need to get past the parking guys with the scanner. At least that is what I am doing.

Reactions: golfer1922
I have seen them in the lot beside the new Dickinson building. They have a mobile camera system that reads plates and cross-references against registered plates. I don’t know how strictly they manage it, but I have seen it in action. That’s why it’s head-in parking only, so the camera can read plates.

I have seen them in the lot beside the new Dickinson building. They have a mobile camera system that reads plates and cross-references against registered plates. I don’t know how strictly they manage it, but I have seen it in action. That’s why it’s head-in parking only, so the camera can read plates.
For event parking or just normal parking?

Reactions: Creek Side
For event parking or just normal parking?
I saw them on a weekday, but it was also an “event” in that the Penn State surplus department was having a gigantic auction which overwhelmed all the nearby lots. I really don’t know how they manage/prioritize enforcement, but the technology tips the scales more to their side.

Until today, Ye Olde College URL was still working. Today, we must shirk the vestiges of the past and embrace our new rivals overlord. I wonder how many times (a day) I will see the error:

Invalid subdomain: bwi

Before my tired synapses warm up to the idea. A few dozen at least.
I've often suspected my IT department hates me and is monitoring my every move. In an effort to smoke out the mole they blocked this site knowing full well that my productivity would increase from the engineering equivalent of 2-1 decisions to TF's if there was no distraction at hand. My perseverance paid off however, using my superior Googling abilities I was able to navigate the lawless cyberspace cloud and mine the new URL. And here I am. I'm back!

I had no issues getting in, from home or work. :) Haven't checked the avatar yet though.

Thank you, sir! I would've still been lost without your tip over on ON3. I couldn't find a way in either on my phone or computer until you showed me the key. Still baffled by Rivals' unannounced switcharoo.
Yes not how Ohio State would have handled the switcharoo. ;)

I posted in the other site asking what happened. I am glad it’s up and running. Bad timing doing it the day of the first BIG dual of the season!

Reactions: Creek Side
So, did I. I am headed out of this unmanaged cess pool of a board and over to the other 1 permanently. BWI Rivals or Nittany Nation is dead in so many ways.
Say what? Pretty sure it was either a simple glitch, or an overnight update.

The new “pennstate” URL launched when Nittany Nation took over, and On3 bought the Blue-White Illustrated brand. They had had BWI set up as an alias, so our old bookmarks, etc. would still work, but it looks like the alias is now gone. I’m not certain why the avatars disappeared, but my guess is that the Amazon service that hosted them is looking for the old URL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT