ADVERTISEMENT

Buddy needs one tix for this weekend ... anyone have a spare?

I'm sure your friend will be able to get a ticket from a scalper either outside the Beav pre-game or downtown the night before or during the day Saturday.
THIS.
If your friend just wants to get into the stadium, you'll have no difficulty finding one ticket, especially just before kickoff.

Reactions: OhioLion
You WILL have trouble before kickoff. The last few big games there were zero tickets for sale just before game. ZERO. I have had instances where friends, including a friend from Texas, could not get into a big game. For example there were no Pitt tickets available right before the game. Just a bunch of fans walking around with fingers in the air

You WILL have trouble before kickoff. The last few big games there were zero tickets for sale just before game. ZERO. I have had instances where friends, including a friend from Texas, could not get into a big game. For example there were no Pitt tickets available right before the game. Just a bunch of fans walking around with fingers in the air

My friend actually found a ticket on the ground that day. True story.

I've noticed this scenario, too - it isn't a matter of prices being too high, it's a matter of none being available. Everyone has their own risk tolerance threshold. If I really wanted to make sure I saw this game, I would buy my ticket in advance, even if I had to pay a premium. If I was okay with just showing up in SC and having a good time tailgating all day and night with a maximum price point in mind, then I would roll the dice and hope for a reasonably priced ticket outside the stadium on Saturday. But, I wouldn't count on that happening.

In other words, if the current on-line price level is acceptable to one's individual budget, I would buy now, rather than hoping I could show up Saturday and find one cheaper. If current prices are too high for you, you take your chances on both supply and pricing issues on Saturday. Maybe supply is reasonable and prices come down. It could easily go the other way, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT