ADVERTISEMENT

Buckeye fans chant “Beat Penn State” after Nebraska game

Not so sure bucks want a week off right now everything is clicking for them, it's easy to lose momentum when having a week off

Sorry, Nits but you are a rival but not THE Rival. However, the game in two weeks is THE game of the year -- so far. If Ohio losses, the team has no chance of achieving its goal. If Ohio wins, then the journey continues. As far as "we're in their heads" and the "off week comes at a bad time," I think Urban Meyer knows a few things about handling an off week and getting ready for a big one. See you in two weeks. Both sides should buckle up for this one.

Sorry, Nits but you are a rival but not THE Rival. However, the game in two weeks is THE game of the year -- so far. If Ohio losses, the team has no chance of achieving its goal. If Ohio wins, then the journey continues. As far as "we're in their heads" and the "off week comes at a bad time," I think Urban Meyer knows a few things about handling an off week and getting ready for a big one. See you in two weeks. Both sides should buckle up for this one.
You guys are gonna crush us like a size 13 shoe on a ripe grape. :(

So Buckeye fans were chanting for Nebraska to beat Penn State in a game to be played between the two teams two weeks after the OSU-PSU game?

That does not make sense.

PSU isn't a rival in the sense that Michigan is, and never will be. There's too much history to ever take that position. PSU is a rival in the sense that it is a competitive team that in recent history and at least for now is someone who stands I the way of what OSU would like to accomplish. It's much the same way MSU has been the past several years, Wisconsin was during the Tressel era, Alabama is due to the two coaches and the recruiting battles they've been in, and Clemson would be if the Buckeyes faced them again.

It's not a rivalry out of tradition, but one out of respected accomplishment and recent game results.

Reactions: BarkleyPSU1
I could never envision a Penn State fan referring to our school as "Penn". Also, I was quite impressed with how Urban handled the off week(s) and got the team ready for the big one last January against Clemson.

Reactions: NedFromYork
PSU isn't a rival in the sense that Michigan is, and never will be. There's too much history to ever take that position. PSU is a rival in the sense that it is a competitive team that in recent history and at least for now is someone who stands I the way of what OSU would like to accomplish. It's much the same way MSU has been the past several years, Wisconsin was during the Tressel era, Alabama is due to the two coaches and the recruiting battles they've been in, and Clemson would be if the Buckeyes faced them again.

It's not a rivalry out of tradition, but one out of respected accomplishment and recent game results.
Clemson would be what? Laughing?
31-0
#eyetest

I could never envision a Penn State fan referring to our school as "Penn". Also, I was quite impressed with how Urban handled the off week(s) and got the team ready for the big one last January against Clemson.
BOOM!

We are in their heads. One of their players was quoted as saying their coaches have been working on Penn State for weeks.
Well they've had time. All they've had is The Little Sisters of the Poor to roll over the past month, allowing them to run up their eye test stats. Coaches were bored and needed a real football team to think about.

Reactions: denniskembala
True Dat Brother. Here come the BUCKS!!!! Ain't gonna be pretty for the nits

Who crushed your brain?
I gotta call em' as I see em'.
mr_magoo_by_makinita.jpg

MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN,

Clemson would be what? Laughing?
31-0
#eyetest

The point being, if OSU faced them again and managed to win. I didn't think I needed to explain that but obviously in your case I did. Yes, at this point it is not a rivalry between OSU and Clemson, any more than there wasnt a rivalry between Ohio State and Oregon in 2014. If Oregon and OSU met again in 2015 or 2016 in the playoffs and the Ducks won, then that would establish a Rivalry.

By the way, the 31-0 doesn't bother the Buckeye fans in any great detail. That's what happens when you won a National Championship in the last 4 years, have been in 4 National Championship Games the last couple of decades, and know the odds are at least even that you'll be in the playoffs again within the next half decade.

We are in their heads. One of their players was quoted as saying their coaches have been working on Penn State for weeks.

Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ve been doing the same. We took this week off apparently and as we know...Franklin is only think about Michigan Michigan Michigan

YAWN......whatever. That's as Old and crusty as this original Mid-West conference used to be. You're welcome for being brought back to East Coast relevance which is relevance personified, anyway.

I can't even take your seriously since you're from Pittsburgh which probably means you are either one of the smart ones to "just say no" to Pitt and move on......or hopefully for you, you're a mid-western transplant. Otherwise, it's just kind of sad isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT