ADVERTISEMENT

BTN's obsession with Michigan is nauseating.

flameshockey26

Jan 12, 2011
Hagerstown MD
Made the mistake of turning on the pregame show this morning hoping to get a preview of Iowa vs Penn State. Been watching for about 30 - 35 min about 28 of those has been drooling over Michigan past and present. Everything Michigan does is great and we should all be aware that they are the greatest at everything in the world. Darboh is the greatest receiver they have ever had, Peppers is the greatest at every position he has lined up at. Also the only time they didn't talk about Michigan since I was watching was a quick blurb on JT Barrett and how he will lead OSU to victory today of a very tough highly ranked Nebraska team. Not a word on our game at all. I shouldn't be and I am not surprised but still strikes a nerve.

It's just a love fest du jour because they are in the driver seat for the playoffs. B1G has to work a hype engine to help them. Doesn't bother me. I just watch HGTV until kickoff.

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
They were like that even when UM was mediocre. Nobody should be surprised. The Big Ten exists merely to provide a stage for OSU and UM. The rest of us are just props.

Did they cover whether hairball wears boxers or briefs? What brand? Is it what woody hayes wore? Michael Douglas in Falling Down?

Yeah, I had to turn it off when they said who all was going to be on the show. It was like an infomercial for michigan

I understand they were at Michigan today and of course being the highest ranked team in the B1G they get the most coverage. But they brought back at least 3 former players and Lloyd Carr to interview about how great Michigan is. Interviewed the girls cross country team, to get them to say why Michigan is the greatest place on earth. They showed highlights of Charles Woodson to compare him to Peppers, praised Harbaugh for everything he has ever done.

I understand they were at Michigan today and of course being the highest ranked team in the B1G they get the most coverage. But they brought back at least 3 former players and Lloyd Carr to interview about how great Michigan is. Interviewed the girls cross country team, to get them to say why Michigan is the greatest place on earth. They showed highlights of Charles Woodson to compare him to Peppers, praised Harbaugh for everything he has ever done.
How long have you been watching BTN (Big Two Network)? No matter what the scores are, The Final Drive is at least 60% UM/O$U highlights with the remaining time spent on the other 12 (peon) schools. I'm surprised it took Nebraska this long (4 years?) to discuss returning to the Big 12.

They might be the best team in the country. Of course they're gonna get a lot of play. Hopefully we can get there, too.

The kid is a hell of a player, but Heisman Trophy? No way. The in studio hosts are driving this, probably at the behest of the conference.
The hype on Peppers is rediculous. Last week every game I watched was proclaiming Peppers scored on offense again. On a 3 yard run, wow.

Reactions: EPC FAN
It's just a love fest du jour because they are in the driver seat for the playoffs. B1G has to work a hype engine to help them. Doesn't bother me. I just watch HGTV until kickoff.

I actually think BTN favors Umich over tOSU to an extent. it is very clear. I do think that Peppers is deserving to go to NY for Heisman finalists - and see him going in first few players of NFL draft in the spring.

what makes me sick is BTN never calls out the UMich schedule, which is pathetic this year. they got 8 home games - how does that happen. they get a chance to get all the players in new positions comfortable by being in friendly confines. The Colorado game was looking like a UM loss until the CU QB went down - which was the key to the game for UM. BTN touts the score v PSU without saying we had no LBs left and a few other DEF starters out of the game. on ESPN even Fowler said that UM did NOT have to face the same DEF that tOSU was facing.

if UM had to play the Bama schedule they lose at least two games.

watch the referines in the tOSU game - just wait. they are going to do everything in their power to engineer a UMich win. there may be bias in every conference but none is as blatant as BIG to UMich. I think we are going to stomp them in HV next year baring major intervention.

UM is the main reason I would not mind seeing us leave for the ACC, even though that will never happen.

I agree with that. All other things being equal, the Big Ten always favors Michigan first. If they falter, they'll make do with tOSU, but they left their hearts in Ann Arbor.

The hype on Peppers is rediculous. Last week every game I watched was proclaiming Peppers scored on offense again. On a 3 yard run, wow.
Maybe if he does a Heisman pose like mush mouth he will win.

I've heard it said that if we win out and Michigan wins out Penn State likely goes to the Rose Bowl. That's a deal I'd take today. Much as I hate Michigan's guts. The suck ups at BTN have always fawned all over Michigan.

Alabama will destroy them. Not wishful thinking - just watch the athletes Saban throws out there.

Just like OSU would destroy PSU?

Alabama would be favored, but that would be a fantastic game. Harbaugh is every bit the coach that Saban is.

Feel free to save my post for future reference if they face off in the playoff.

Just like OSU would destroy PSU?

Alabama would be favored, but that would be a fantastic game. Harbaugh is every bit the coach that Saban is.

Feel free to save my post for future reference if they face off in the playoff.
Jimmah is a good coach, but still not at Saban's level. The next championship that Jimmah wins will be his first....Saban has to consistently expand his shelves to hold all of his trophies.

Plus Bama has better horses and WAY more depth, so I tend to agree that scum would get rolled in this game.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Jimmah is a good coach, but still not at Saban's level. The next championship that Jimmah wins will be his first....Saban has to consistently expand his shelves to hold all of his trophies.

Plus Bama has better horses and WAY more depth, so I tend to agree that scum would get rolled in this game.
Harbaugh took a 49ers team that had gone 7-9, 8-8, and 6-10 prior to his arrival, and went 13-3 in his first year (loss in NFC title game). Went 11-4-1 the following year and lost by 3 in the Super Bowl. Went 12-4 and lost in the NFC title game the year after that. Final season went 8-8. Prior to that NFL stint, he had tremendous success at Stanford (beat #1 USC in 2007 as a 41-point underdog, also had the only BCS bowl win in program history), and UC San Diego. Now, he's dominating at UM.

Saban has had even more success at LSU and Bama, and has a much better resume than Harbaugh. However, it doesn't mean that Harbaugh isn't as good of a coach as Saban. Saban's just been around longer. That's what UM fans need to worry about--will Harbaugh get an itch to try to win a SB. I think Michigan wins the Natty this year.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope that the Nits get a rematch :)

He won't get it cause he defense, but in what I have seen, he is the best and most consistent player in Col;ege football. The kid is a player and makes big plays everywhere he plays.

The QB at Washington may be the other one I would think deserves it over Peppers.

He won't get it cause he defense, but in what I have seen, he is the best and most consistent player in Col;ege football. The kid is a player and makes big plays everywhere he plays.

The QB at Washington may be the other one I would think deserves it over Peppers.
So the QB at Louisville gets no consideration? 7 TDs in a game....AGAIN!!! Peppers will get invited but this is (has been) a 1 horse race.

The BTN tailgate pregame was live from Michigan yesterday and Michigan is the B1G's best chance of being in the playoff. Makes sense that the BTN would have interviews and special segments in the can as they prepare for the live program.

I live two towns away from where he does in NJ and know someone that knows him and his family. He was all set to come to PSU until the sanctions hit. His mom loved BOB and the proximity to their home. A shame we didn't get him.

They might be the best team in the country. Of course they're gonna get a lot of play. Hopefully we can get there, too.
And when we do, what do you think they'll talk about? Child abuse scandal... allegations that Paterno was aware for decades... assistant coaches knew... McQueary gets 7 million... oh, and here's a couple of good football plays.

LSU is underperforming, but they are filled with natural talent. Maybe that explain it a little bit.

Rivalry game. Michigan doesn't have the talent up and down their roster to match up with Bama. Just my opinion, but I don't see any team in the b1g that can go toe to toe with the Tide.
Yes, they do. And the B1G is a much better conference than the SEC this year. Much better.

The big plays have amounted to 44 tackles, 3 sacks and 0 interceptions on defense. On offense a whole 153 total yards and 3 TDs with one TD on returns.

He's great, but those aren't close to Heisman numbers. Woodson in his year had 7 interceptions and similar offensive numbers. You'd think a DB would have at least 1 pick. And don't give me the "they avoid him" argument - like OCs lived to challenge Woodson and Deion Sanders who both racked up picks.

And then there's Suh who wrecked shop and didn't win. He finished 4th.

The big plays have amounted to 44 tackles, 3 sacks and 0 interceptions on defense. On offense a whole 153 total yards and 3 TDs with one TD on returns.

He's great, but those aren't close to Heisman numbers. Woodson in his year had 7 interceptions and similar offensive numbers. You'd think a DB would have at least 1 pick. And don't give me the "they avoid him" argument - like OCs lived to challenge Woodson and Deion Sanders who both racked up picks.

And then there's Suh who wrecked shop and didn't win. He finished 4th.
he's a linebacker

he's a linebacker
Various sites say he's a LB/DB hybrid. I don't watch UM games except snippets and highlights so You've got me there.

That said, let's go with LB. 31 solo tackles after 9 games (44) total is not exactly lighting up the stat sheet. Sean Lee, for example, would rack those numbers up in 3 games (exaggerating a bit - jr year -138 total tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 pick).

I know he's great but the Heisman talk is ridiculous unless he was generating much bigger numbers on offense.

Last edited:
Various sites say he's a LB/DB hybrid. I don't watch UM games except snippets and highlights so You've got me there.

That said, let's go with LB. 31 solo tackles after 9 games (44) total is not exactly lighting up the stat sheet. Sean Lee, for example, would rack those numbers up in 3 games.

I know he's great but the Heisman talk is ridiculous.
Im not making the argument he should win, just thought you should know which position he plays. With that said, he is an unbelievable and impactful player regardless of his stats.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Im not making the argument he should win, just thought you should know which position he plays. With that said, he is an unbelievable and impactful player regardless of his stats.
No doubt and I know that stats never tell the whole story. I'm just glad he's so good that there's no way he's staying for his senior year - get him the hell out of the league! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT