ADVERTISEMENT

Brockington returns

Gotta believe he’s not coming back alone. Although he’s the one I thought was most likely to return. He already transferred and sat out a year. Unless he’s on track to graduate in May, I’m not certain he would have been immediately eligible.

I think Jones is gone for sure. Same with Wheeler. I’m not as certain about the others.

Reactions: bison13
True, but it's late in the cycle for the next (2021) class. Think it would be pretty tough for Coach Shrews to pull more than 1-2 rabbits out of the hat, if any.
With the number of coaching changes and HS seniors getting released, standard transfers from that turnover, upcoming grad transfers, etc., I’ll be very surprised if we’re not adding 4-5 new guys into the squad next year.

Any chance we can pick up one of these guys in the portal who can make an immediate impact?

We especially need some bigs if we’re going to become competitive. Harrar has a lot of other opportunities and could easily move on. But as some other posters have said, we could pick up a few recruits or portal transfers.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion
This is great news. Of all the players who entered the portal he would have been the biggest loss, IMO

Reactions: 81b&w
A fresh young coach with a good track record could excite some interest, so yes. Franklin did it
Lots of job openings and coaching changes in the last couple days. so places like Marquette and Texas will have players entering the portal and though unlikely, may take a shot here if the new coach goes after them.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Great, I think he can even get better in the right offensive set.
Brockington is a solid player. He's willing to take it inside and he's a very good FT shooter. Two areas where he needs to improve are 3 pt shooting and going to his right. It took a while but the league has finally learned to overplay his left hand.

Awesome news! Would love for Harrar to return and get a big or two either as incoming frosh or from the portal. They'd likely get PT right away.
Harrar is crucial. He doesn't replace the need for a PF who can score inside but he's a fierce competitor and team leader. Besides, we don't have anybody else at that position.

Brockington is a solid player. He's willing to take it inside and he's a very good FT shooter. Two areas where he needs to improve are 3 pt shooting and going to his right. It took a while but the league has finally learned to overplay his left hand.
He also needs to learn when to go to the hole and to go with control. He tends to force his drives and do so out of control.

Harrar is crucial. He doesn't replace the need for a PF who can score inside but he's a fierce competitor and team leader. Besides, we don't have anybody else at that position.
Abdou, after an off-season and OOC to get in the swing of it, is "another person" at that position. It would be GREAT for JH to return, but Abdou will be a solid backup to him, IMO. The guy has loads of raw potential.

Gotta believe he’s not coming back alone.

I think Jones is gone for sure. Same with Wheeler. I’m not as certain about the others.

I understand why Wheeler is very likely gone, having followed Ferry to PSU.

But why wouldn't Jones strongly consider coming back if some of his friends from the team return and he develops a relationship with Shrew during his contact with PSU's new coach and staff?

I understand why Wheeler is very likely gone, having followed Ferry to PSU.

But why wouldn't Jones strongly consider coming back if some of his friends from the team return and he develops a relationship with Shrew during his contact with PSU's new coach and staff?
Why wouldn't Harrah? He was interviewed and essentially said blue and white was in his blood and how much he absolutely loved the university.

Harrah & Wheeler were attached to the hip (including being roomies) during their time here, so if one returns, we could get both. Jones is a real quiet kid who fit in here very well. We shall see.

Harrah & Wheeler were attached to the hip (including being roomies) during their time here, so if one returns, we could get both. Jones is a real quiet kid who fit in here very well. We shall see.
Per a recent tweet, Jones is gone. Best of luck to him -- he has to have loads of interest and can go to a school that will definitely get him in the tourney. I can't fault him.

Per a recent tweet, Jones is gone. Best of luck to him -- he has to have loads of interest and can go to a school that will definitely get him in the tourney. I can't fault him.
The kid is from Alabama and they have a really good coach and team down there. It would not surprise me if he transferred there at all.

Reactions: psuguy43
Anyone have any idea about Noah Locke from Florida. Played here in md at McDonogh, a place we have a good relationship with from football.

Qudus wuhab is a big from northern Virginia who is leaving gtown. Had a great season under Ewing, not sure the issue but a better option than Mitchell in my opinion.

At this point there are lots of options out there. I’m excited to see who Shrews will bring in. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, however.

Harrar and Wheeler would be welcome additions to most top schools but there's a decent chance they wouldn't start.

Jones is from the South, and it would be very unsurprising if he transfers. Looking at his recruiting timeline on 247, after he decommitted from Memphis his other offers, besides PSU, were ECU and UMass. If he had an offer from one of the SEC schools would he had even been here in the first place? It is hard to say

The best possible scenario that I can see is Brockington, Lundy and Harrar all return, and the new coach has a lot of scholarships to use.

Reactions: psuguy43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT