ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly ND

crayfish67

Oct 30, 2016
His press conference got kind of ugly with a reporter, though I dont understand some of the wisdom of the questions they ask but he sure is a hot head that doesnt win enough to get away with it. He knows his butt is on the line. I also heard of a lawsuit about a covered up rape/sexual assault on a player that transferred. I am still wondering how Kelly and AD survived the death in the high lift incident and how well that was covered up from hearing much about it.

His press conference got kind of ugly with a reporter, though I dont understand some of the wisdom of the questions they ask but he sure is a hot head that doesnt win enough to get away with it. He knows his butt is on the line. I also heard of a lawsuit about a covered up rape/sexual assault on a player that transferred. I am still wondering how Kelly and AD survived the death in the high lift incident and how well that was covered up from hearing much about it.
Kelly is a worthless POS.
brian-kelly-scremaing-2_original_original_original_original_display_image.jpg

Reactions: Ski
Notre Dame has made it a point to go anti-Ty Willinhams lately with arrogant, douches like Kelly and " wanna see my super bowl rings".

They need to go young, energetic, good recruiter, salesman. IMHO, a DJ Durkin buyout from the turtles would set them on the right path. He seems level-headed enough.

I am still wondering how Kelly and AD survived the death in the high lift incident and how well that was covered up from hearing much about it.
$M$O$N$E$Y$!!!!!
ND paid the family of that student manager TONS of it! As in, "there, that should just about settle the loss of your son after the STUPID decision of our football coach!"

Declan Sullivan's family's ties go back many decades with ND and to my knowledge and looking over articles, never sued ND. There may have been a quiet settlement. ND had to pay a $42,000 fine to the State of Indiana.

I love Brian Kelly. He keeps Notre Dame stuck in mediocrity year after year. If they hired a good head coach they could capitalize on their recruiting and really compete. I say keep Kelly there forever

Reactions: Ski and step.eng69
That was the most embarrassing thing is that the Bulldog fans somehow got their hands on 40,000 tickets! Even the ND fans are selling out this program. What does that tell you? Boy ND has had a slew of bad coaches since Holtz.... Davie, Willingham, Weiss, Kelly. Those guys cashin, though, and don't do much of anything else afterwards...

Reactions: JoeFi
His rebuke was pretty tame and she deserved it. She started off by talking about last year's 4-8 season. Had nothing to do with the game against Georgia. Guess South Bend has its own version of David Jones.

Reactions: step.eng69
What's even better is to listen to ND fans...which I have to do where I work...they make it sound like getting rid of kelly is the answer. That if the ND job opens up the greatest coaches in the game are gonna drop everything and come there. One guy was convinced had they told Tom herman that Kelly was gonna be canned he would not have taken the Texas gig. These 2 particular jack asses are convinced Chris Pederson would crawl thru snow naked from Washington to coach at ND. If you look on their website today they are convinced Stoops will give up retirement to come there. Kelly may very well be as good as its gonna get.

His rebuke was pretty tame and she deserved it. She started off by talking about last year's 4-8 season. Had nothing to do with the game against Georgia. Guess South Bend has its own version of David Jones.
maybe...but we haven't gone 4-8 in a long long time. And, I would guess our coach wouldn't survive that unless there were extreme circumstances. At ND, the two QB's who had eligibility couldn't wait to leave.

maybe...but we haven't gone 4-8 in a long long time. And, I would guess our coach wouldn't survive that unless there were extreme circumstances. At ND, the two QB's who had eligibility couldn't wait to leave.
Actually it wasn't really that long ago that we were about that bad in four out of five seasons, and the coach survived even though he and his staff were the reasons.

Actually it wasn't really that long ago that we were about that bad in four out of five seasons, and the coach survived even though he and his staff were the reasons.

Agree...but different time, different era. That HC and staff had also won a couple of MNC's as well.

If the ND job is so desirable then why does the coaches list look like this over the last 20 years?

Davie, O'Leary, Willingham, Weiss, and Kelly.

That's embarrassing.

Reactions: TheGLOV
If the ND job is so desirable then why does the coaches list look like this over the last 20 years?

Davie, O'Leary, Willingham, Weiss, and Kelly.

That's embarrassing.
I thought Davie and Willingham were actually pretty decent

Reactions: TheGLOV

I'm no Kelly fan, but the reporter was being a Delta Bravo and deserved the response IMO.

ND has lost 100 games over the last 20 years. They had Ara, Devine, Faust, and Holtz before that. Those guys lost 89 games in 31 years. Needless to say the trend line for ND football has been going down.

ND is going to have a really tough time remaining independant , Their schedule is so random but the $$ from NBC and being lost in the past . The campus isnt that great . I have friends and friends of them , lots of people go tailgate and never go to games and really don't care hence all the GA red in the stands. I am watching the local replay of the game and wow a lot of red. ND does look better than last yr and Kelly actually doesnt look that red himself today. They used t

That whole incident was so ridiculous, I have been on campus where it happened and first on any day those lifts were not meant to be off pavement in a soft field and the wind was just ridiculous that day. I have been in those lifts on calm days and its scary . I was working on a building myself that morning that was 12 foot tall and gave up by noon and it only got worse . To film a practice? Kelly and AD should have been arrested

I understand wanting to play for ND, especially for catholic kids the tradition runs strong. And, it is a great campus and you get a great education with a lot of very wealthy alumni to help along the way. And, you get your own TV network.

But who wants to play for Kelly? OMG, is there a top 30 program who you feel is less desirable to play for? I mean, even Harbaugh makes you laugh sometimes.

No doubt the Alumni helping along the way. If Kelly were a great coach he might get away with some of it and maybe in a different time . Off the field I heard Fat Charlie was an unbelievable ass . Davie , who I actually liked as a commentator , was kinda ho hum . I think Kelly is as good as they can do at this point .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT