ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Pry calls out PSU

We have been too busy upgrading our defense since he left to care. He is 9-14 at VT. You know that Bloomsburg could have better success in the ACC.

Seems pretty odd considering how long he worked with Franklin (going back to Vanderbilt). Did they have some sort of falling out?

Jumping fractured syntax, and organized thought process failure, what in the hell are you trying to say here Step? Did you hit the Boilo jug early this morning.
A guy at work is going to be visiting his wife’s extended clan in NEPA for the first time. I mentioned that he might run into Boilo. He was not amused after reading several Boilo recipes

Reactions: Thomas1945
What I’ll always remember from Pry was 2017 at home vs Nebraska. NU was a disaster and had already fired mike riley although he finished out the year. It was #13 PSU 42-10 at halftime. Pry’s defense allowed 34 points in the second half. We won 56-44. Had we not scored another point in the 2nd half, we’d have blown a 32 pt lead and lost.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Pry=grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory vs U$C in 2017 Rose Bowl. Enough said.
I’m not a major fan of Pry, but context is important here. — We were just coming off of the worst sanctions in history, and were BARELY “one deep” …. Especially on defense ( Diaz was “three deep” with talent). — Our best ( or 2nd best) linebacker got hurt ( Bell?) in the second half and a walk on or freshman played ( can’t remember which , but way down on the depth chart) . Between being winded, and having 2nd and 3rd teamers playing, our defense was not very good…..especially after injuries in the second half.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I’m not a major fan of Pry, but context is important here. — We were just coming off of the worst sanctions in history, and were BARELY “one deep” …. Especially on defense ( Diaz was “three deep” with talent). — Our best ( or 2nd best) linebacker got hurt ( Bell?) in the second half and a walk on or freshman played ( can’t remember which , but way down on the depth chart) . Between being winded, and having 2nd and 3rd teamers playing, our defense was not very good…..especially after injuries in the second half.
While this is accurate, Pry didn’t seem to make any adjustments. In his defense, probably because he didn’t have the talent. But good Lord I still see shovel pass after shovel pass, and jet sweep after jet sweep in my nightmares of that game.

What I’ll always remember from Pry was 2017 at home vs Nebraska. NU was a disaster and had already fired mike riley although he finished out the year. It was #13 PSU 42-10 at halftime. Pry’s defense allowed 34 points in the second half. We won 56-44. Had we not scored another point in the 2nd half, we’d have blown a 32 pt lead and lost.
That game was thr Lamont Wade special. He got torched the entire 2nd half

Reactions: bison13
First thing I thought of too.
Since I don’t understand what he said, I can’t exactly say it was the first thing I thought of. But I think it was.

Or second, because my first thought was “yet another headline that doesn’t match the story”. It’s the WR who says it.

While this is accurate, Pry didn’t seem to make any adjustments. In his defense, probably because he didn’t have the talent. But good Lord I still see shovel pass after shovel pass, and jet sweep after jet sweep in my nightmares of that game.
He probably didn’t makes some adjustments that he could have….or should have, but this game wasn’t on him. — A very tired “One deep”…( or less ) defense of walk ons , 2 stars, 3 stars, and a few 4 stars gave up 52 points to a team of “three deep” 4 star and 5 star talent…. At their HOME STADIUM. And BTW, a mostly “ one deep” offense scorched their “three deep” 4&5 star defense for 49 points. —- I hated the result, but the effort by PSU was awesome

Didn't he also give up 40 to Pitt?
And that horrible meltdown vs OSU in 2017 after we built a nice lead and there's more.....blowing a 12 point lead to OSU in 2018 in the final 8 minutes. I still can see whatever WR it was for them catching it over the middle for what should have been about a 10 yard gain but proceeding to take it to the house as half the PSU defense missed tackles and the other half were out of position.

Since I don’t understand what he said, I can’t exactly say it was the first thing I thought of. But I think it was.

Or second, because my first thought was “yet another headline that doesn’t match the story”. It’s the WR who says it.

Tackling has improved tremendously the last two years compared to the previous decade.

Tackling has improved tremendously the last two years compared to the previous decade.
I was not a fan of pry. I thought he was average. He had too many games where he was out coached (see the Minnesota game) and he gave up multiple double digit leads that killed us in huge games against USC, and more importantly, against OSU.
We were markedly better with Diaz.

I was not a fan of pry. I thought he was average. He had too many games where he was out coached (see the Minnesota game) and he gave up multiple double digit leads that killed us in huge games against USC, and more importantly, against OSU.
Are you? You still can't beat the big 2.

Had nothing to do with the defense.
They didn't exactly create turnovers for us in those games which is usually needed to beat top teams. Also couldn't stop the run against Michigan well enough to force them to put it in the air.

Completely agree about Pry. Our D blew 2 score plus leads in crucial games. Not sure what to expect with Allen. I hope he delivers but I don't think he is as good as Diaz.

Reactions: psu00 and PSUPride1
A guy at work is going to be visiting his wife’s extended clan in NEPA for the first time. I mentioned that he might run into Boilo. He was not amused after reading several Boilo recipes
I am sure her family will love him then.

Completely agree about Pry. Our D blew 2 score plus leads in crucial games. Not sure what to expect with Allen. I hope he delivers but I don't think he is as good as Diaz.
Diaz was a much better Coordinator ! Played such a soft secondary

Was there bad blood between Pry and Franklin? I don’t know why Pry would even mention it. It’s not like PSU and VT play each other. Plus, Pry’s coming off a 6-6 season where he lost to teams like Rutgers, Purdue, and Marshall. He’ll likely finish 6-7 after losing to Tulane in the bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT