ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News: Sue & Scott Cast.

Ugh. This might be so bad that Barry's original thoughts will turn out to have been optimistic.

Scott might get a stout (secondary meaning of the word) portrayal though. He's never been afraid of the limelight. Can't wait for his critique of the performance.

greg-grunberg-star-wars-episode-vii-gi.jpg

Last edited:
HBO describes the untitled project as a look at Paterno's life after the scandal broke, "challenging his legacy and forcing him to face questions of institutional failure on behalf of the victims."

Dumpster fire.

HQ79zEZ.gif

HBO describes the untitled project as a look at Paterno's life after the scandal broke, "challenging his legacy and forcing him to face questions of institutional failure on behalf of the victims."

Dumpster fire.

How are they going to know what happened? Can I play myself on his lawn cheering for him when he came out after he got fired?

Here is the Directors Cut for the final 2 minutes of the movie:

- Scrolling subtitles listing Sandusky's "disposition"..... along with a listing of the convictions

- Actual newsreel footage of TCurley (in handcuffs if possible) exiting the Courthouse, with subtitles listing his conviction and sentence and current whereabouts
- Actual newsreel footage of GSchultz (in handcuffs if possible) exiting the Courthouse, with subtitles listing his conviction and sentence and current whereabouts
- Actual newsreel footage of GSpanier (in handcuffs if possible) exiting the Courthouse, with subtitles listing his conviction and sentence and current whereabouts
- Fade in to image of JVP's headstone, with subtitles listing his DOB and DOD.

It's gonna' be the "feel good" movie of the season :)

I can't wait for the kitchen scene when Joe is speaking with someone who has arrived at moral clarity and begins shouting, emotionally (think Ruffalo in Spotlight scene) about how "we knew, we all knew, but we did nothing because of what?!? Football? What happened to us?!?" I have no doubt about said scene being made up for the film.

I can't wait for the kitchen scene when Joe is speaking with someone who has arrived at moral clarity and begins shouting, emotionally (think Ruffalo in Spotlight scene) about how "we knew, we all knew, but we did nothing because of what?!? Football? What happened to us?!?" I have no doubt about said scene being made up for the film.

The kitchen scene I'm thinking of is when Mike McQueary tells Joe that he witnessed Jeer Bear having anal sex in the shower and Joe waits till the next day to do anything about it.

Works perfectly for a Hollywood movie. You NEED a villian.

That is the million dollar question. We likely already know the answer, they will probably give it the "hollywood" treatment. AKA, make it up.

They have to be somewhat careful with creative license because many people in the movie are still alive.

Ha! Pacino impersonating Joe in a "come to Jesus" moment? Can I get a "no thanks"?!!?

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

Dumpster fire.
His life after the scandal? He pretty much spent the brief time he had left with Sue and in the hospital. I guess they talked to Sue to ensure accuracy...ha!

They have to be somewhat careful with creative license because many people in the movie are still alive.
Why?? No one cares about the truth anymore. There will be some disclaimer such as "this story was inspired by actual events" that will allow them to say anything they want to.

Lest you think I'm joking, this just happened to Olivia de Havilland (who is still alive) recently in a picture about the feud between Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. They completely made things up. She's suing, but....

Link

Last edited:
If you haven't seen Kathy Baker in "Clean And Sober", a late 80s film with Michael Keaton and Morgan Freeman, check it out. A very good performance from a talented cast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT